• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Sniper Rifle System" ???

Re: "Sniper Rifle System" ???

Sniper rifle + Sniper (school trained) = Sniper weapon system

Anyway, what's the definition of "Sniper rifle"?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagger3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniper rifle + Sniper (school trained) = Sniper weapon system

Anyway, what's the definition of "Sniper rifle"?</div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Accuracy International.... </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagger3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniper rifle + Sniper (school trained) = Sniper weapon system

<span style="font-weight: bold">Accuracy International.... </span> </div></div>

Nice...
cool.gif

Good point

all you have to do is take the "Operator" or "Sniper " out to a range give him 30 seconds and tell him to put one in the chest at 800 yds

He will thuroughly understand that he is not a sniper or operator

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagger3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sniper rifle + Sniper (school trained) = Sniper weapon system

<span style="font-weight: bold">Accuracy International.... </span> </div></div>

OK, I agree with you, Accuracy International is a Sniper rifle and probably one of the best out there right off the shelf, but what I was trying to get through here is that today the words "Sniper", "Sniper rifle" and even "operator" are broad ones, misused and prostituted words that people use all the time to describe things and/or individuals wrongfully. In everything else I think that it should be like mentioned before, a Sniper rifle is a Sniper rifle and it should be called just that, but where I think that people get all wound up is on where do you draw the line between a "regular" scoped rifle and a Sniper rifle or for that matter even a hunting rifle.

I think that people should spend less time fantasizing about their "Sniper rifles", that will give them more time to concentrate on putting some rounds down range which is for what those "Sniper rifles" were made for...but again we live on a free country so we have the right to call what we have/own by whichever term pleases us
smile.gif

Just my 2 cents!

"A sniper is usually a highly trained marksman that shoots targets from concealed positions or distances exceeding the capabilities of regular personnel. Snipers typically have specialized training and distinct high-precision rifles."

I haven't been to Quantico but I do the above most every fall! I do not think one must hold a billet to be "highly trained".

Many folks make "sniper" gear! AI makes the really good shit!

<object width="320" height="265"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wKjxFJfcrcA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wKjxFJfcrcA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="265"></embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WGM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
.. the sentiment around here (as interpreted by me) is that there is no such thing as an inherent sniper rifle ... because ANY rifle is a sniper rifle when being employed by a sniper, and NO rifle is a sniper rifle when being employed by someone other than a 'real' sniper ... </div></div>

Well, way I see it, sniper rifle is just a hunting rifle.

Only difference is that game is way smarter, and shoots back.
Since "hunting" is so dangerous, training/optics/calibers/other gear should be top notch (read=expensive), or better than "game" has anyway.

All time sniper record (+500 confirmed) was made with Sako/Mosin w/iron sights.
Many russian counter-snipers, with scoped rifles, got killed while trying finish him.

Even top notch rifle cant replace training or skills- but good sniper can be effective with any rifle IMHO.

Since you liked that so much isn't an ARMY trained 13Fox (forward observer) really, by the true definition, a sniper? I think so. We "hide" 2K from the target area and ensure 8" rounds hit the target from 32K away. That's preceision weapon systems, right? Oh BTW that is about 1mm groups if you do the math!

Chill Bro.

I love that Baker SRS! During my travels I was able to visit much of the terrain where the Peninsula War was fought, and became fascinated with Wellesley's operational prowess there. I have always thought that the men in green that carried it were the first to truly take on the mission our scout snipers are tasked with today. (See “Death to the French,” or as it was published in the U.S. "Rifleman Dodd," for instance). While at the CTCRM Sniper School in Lympstone, UK, some of the students called me "Sharpe." I took this as a high compliment.

The 95th Rifles were an exemplary unit, and probably the first to use camouflage. Their role was mainly skirmishing, and they were superb infantrymen. Read about Rifleman Plunkett, and his interesting firing position. His 300 meter shots would be considered "sniping" today; however, being professional infantrymen, they were not wrapped that tightly about a word.

Gentlemen,

Most of the rifles that Accuracy International has manufactured for the last 30-odd years are deployed in conflict or protection somewhere in the world. Most of the rifles that we will manufacture in the future are destined for the same environments and uses.

As the last free people on our planet, citizens of United States still enjoy the choice to own many of the weapons our soldiers and peace officers employ in the line of duty. We still carry on the tradition of hosting a National Championship match series each year at Camp Perry Ohio where free citizens and soldiers alike come together to determine the best marksmen in the land. Soldiers compete in most of those matches with the "Service Rifle". There is a special trophy awarded each year to the "Civilian Service Rifle Champion." Is this term an oxymoron? No, because many of us civilians are former soldiers and may again be called to service for our great country. Many of us believe that we have a responsibility to be prepared should that request ever be made, and we consider that we have primary responsibility for our own safety and protection. We also believe in preserving and advancing marksmanship skills for future generations because we believe in the concept of peace through strength, and we can not afford to let those skills and tools disappear. As such, we choose to own, train and compete with weapons of military origin. By design, most "sporting weapons" are not well suited to those tasks.

Accuracy International is owned and staffed by people who are passionate about the products they create. We are very proud of our tradition of manufacturing Sniper Rifle Systems. So proud in fact that we are willing to make the claim of manufacturing "The World's Finest Sniper Rifle Systems". We don't make deer hunting rifles and we really don't know what else to call them. They are what they are.

We look forward to supplying the finest sniper rifle systems we can create to the soldiers and peace officers who fight evil every day. We also look forward to offering those same sniper rifle systems to the last free people on the planet.

Best regards,
--
Scott Seigmund
Vice President
Accuracy International of North America
Email: [email protected]

And a damn fine example of that work you had at NC last weekend Scott. Was a pleasure to spend some time with you and see a little of what is in the works for AI.

Rob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottSeigmund</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...snip...
</div></div>

Damn, that was well said sir, ya silver tounged devil...

I almost stood up at my desk and shouted agreedgious statements with explatives at my monitor (but, I restrained myself).

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this issue, and thank you for what you do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ScottSeigmund</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gentlemen,

Most of the rifles that Accuracy International has manufactured for the last 30-odd years are deployed in conflict or protection somewhere in the world. Most of the rifles that we will manufacture in the future are destined for the same environments and uses.

As the last free people on our planet, citizens of United States still enjoy the choice to own many of the weapons our soldiers and peace officers employ in the line of duty. We still carry on the tradition of hosting a National Championship match series each year at Camp Perry Ohio where free citizens and soldiers alike come together to determine the best marksmen in the land. Soldiers compete in most of those matches with the "Service Rifle". There is a special trophy awarded each year to the "Civilian Service Rifle Champion." Is this term an oxymoron? No, because many of us civilians are former soldiers and may again be called to service for our great country. Many of us believe that we have a responsibility to be prepared should that request ever be made, and we consider that we have primary responsibility for our own safety and protection. We also believe in preserving and advancing marksmanship skills for future generations because we believe in the concept of peace through strength, and we can not afford to let those skills and tools disappear. As such, we choose to own, train and compete with weapons of military origin. By design, most "sporting weapons" are not well suited to those tasks.

Accuracy International is owned and staffed by people who are passionate about the products they create. We are very proud of our tradition of manufacturing Sniper Rifle Systems. So proud in fact that we are willing to make the claim of manufacturing "The World's Finest Sniper Rifle Systems". We don't make deer hunting rifles and we really don't know what else to call them. They are what they are.

We look forward to supplying the finest sniper rifle systems we can create to the soldiers and peace officers who fight evil every day. We also look forward to offering those same sniper rifle systems to the last free people on the plant.

Best regards,
--
Scott Seigmund
Vice President
Accuracy International of North America
Email: [email protected]
</div></div>

How about a group buy?
grin.gif

OK... It is the SINGER not the Song.

A Sniper (for lack of better word) will be efficient with the weapon of his choice or the one he has been issued.

Weapons do not shoot themselves. So I place less importance on the weapon and more on the skills/training time of the shooter.

Training is the key.
a "Sweet Musket" can be more of a sniper system in the hands of a trained operator vs an unskilled Knucked head "take me for example" with a AWM with an S&B scope the muske will out shoot me all day long

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill Stoffels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Training is the key.
a "Sweet Musket" can be more of a sniper system in the hands of a trained operator vs an unskilled Knucked head "take me for example" with a AWM with an S&B scope the muske will out shoot me all day long </div></div>

Agreed, completely.

But, the musket was not designed EXPLISTELY for said operator performing said task. Take the same operator and give him the musket and the AI and see which performs better.

The musket may be able to be used AS a sniper weapon (by a sniper), but the AI IS a sniper weapon (and can be used by a trained sniper or a knuckle head). It does not make its designed and intended purpose any less true, the user just dictates its effectiveness as such.