• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Sniper Scope ?

Saiga76

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I have a membership with a magazine called the Sportsman Guide. The often advertise scopes that are brand named "Counter Sniper". They state they are U.S. government issued and that they are marked as such. They are advertising a 4-48x56mm for $900.00. I was curious if anyone had had experiences with these scopes? I'm kind of skeptical
eek.gif

Re: Counter Sniper Scope ?

You should defiantly get one. Everyone knows Sportsmans guide only sells the highest quality Chinese shit.......ummmm, I'm mean Chinese products. If they're out of stock, which they might be cause they're pretty hot items, you can't go wrong with a Barska for a second choice.

Buy them out! Get every model you can and put them back for safe keeping. They are worth their weight in gold. You would be the fort knox of CS scopes.

Trust you skepticism.

If you search, you will find all kind of stuff on here about them. But in a nutshell, they are not what they say they are and are an inferior scope. $900 can be invest elsewhere much better. Don't get taken by the print up they write.

And just in case your are still not reading me loud and clear . . . . Don't buy a Counter Sniper.

Come on......he wasn't gonna spend $900 on a scope anyway.

Wild shot in the dark there but I'll bet I'm right.

Dude, just buy a SS for $600 and go shoot.

You naysayers are wrong about CS! I've only had to send mine back 13 times!!!!
Buy one or two. It's the best bang for the buck

i hear you can take the internals out and replace with a rolled up intertube and it makes a swell fleshlight reproduction, and the turrets will tickle your pickle when cranked on

Even though these guys are going to give you a hard time for your question, they really are looking out for you and you have come to right the place. You can thank everyone when you purchase an optic that does the job for you.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bVW5-F242Yo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks,

Mason @ CST

I went by their booth at SHOT show and was pretty impressed. Glass looked like the bottom of a coke bottle, and the reticle looked like a meth heads christmas tree, but their sales people were interesting.

Oh my, that Super Sniper comment about made me ruin a keyboard.

I had no plans on buying it, a little too much magnification for me. I was reading my new SG and I thought I would ask. Guess I shouldn't have
frown.gif
I have purchased several small items from SG and have been pleased. I was curious about their scope quality! I'm leaning towards the Vortex line of scopes at this time, possibly Burris?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jea1976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had no plans on buying it, a little too much magnification for me. I was reading my new SG and I thought I would ask. Guess I shouldn't have
frown.gif
I have purchased several small items from SG and have been pleased. I was curious about their scope quality! I'm leaning towards the Vortex line of scopes at this time, possibly Burris? </div></div>

If your budget is $1k or less, the Vortex Viper PST will definitely take care of you. Feel free to call or pm if you have any questions.

thanks,

Mason @ CST

I was gonna spend around 400 bucks for a scope, but I'm waiting for the counter counter sniper scopes to come out. I want a scope that ensures that I can counter the counter snipers. I want a reticle in a reticle in a reticle.

The zombies are so slow that I only need a reticle in a reticle, but you never know when one of them is counter sniping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Even though these guys are going to give you a hard time for your question, they really are looking out for you and you have come to right the place. You can thank everyone when you purchase an optic that does the job for you.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bVW5-F242Yo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks,

Mason @ CST </div></div>

I appreciate your post and the video you provided regarding my question. It's what I kind of figured, but I thought I would ask the pro's to make sure. Thank you again sir.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTACTICAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jea1976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had no plans on buying it, a little too much magnification for me. I was reading my new SG and I thought I would ask. Guess I shouldn't have
frown.gif
I have purchased several small items from SG and have been pleased. I was curious about their scope quality! I'm leaning towards the Vortex line of scopes at this time, possibly Burris? </div></div>

If your budget is $1k or less, the Vortex Viper PST will definitely take care of you. Feel free to call or pm if you have any questions.

thanks,

Mason @ CST </div></div>

I have your site bookmarked. Several members of this site have recommended you and I look forward to doing business with you when my finances permits me to do so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://tinyurl.com/6htytql </div></div>

I have received a lot of fly by night comments and have received poor recommendations from google searches. Why google when the best people to ask are right here?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jea1976</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> http://tinyurl.com/6htytql </div></div>

I have received a lot of fly by night comments and have received poor recommendations from google searches. Why google when the best people to ask are right here?</div></div> Because when you use it even the first hit is another Sniper's Hide thread.

Or maybe some folks would just rather be spoon fed....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clj94104</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just wasted an hour of my life reading those threads for Counter Sniper. Funny ish tho. So OP, the moral of this story is, search forum first @
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=010955838166721108978:qcbx5qqy10o&hl=en
and don't buy Counter Sniper scopes.... lmao </div></div>

Won't happen again, I promise! LOL.

I can't remember who originally posted this, but all credit to them for making it. It is possibly my favorite thing ever on the hide:

dqlvs8.jpg

I had a counter sniper scope on one operation I ran. It worked pretty well, I was holding about 5 moa at 50 feet. But then another sniper counter snipered me and the 6 mm airsoft pellet hit my hand and the hydrostatic shock traveled into the scope and cracked it. Oh well. Gonna go with ncstar next time.

Don't let these internet warriors and gear queers tell you not to buy a CS. It is the best scope on the market. I had a guy talking smack at the range about "how his NF was better than my CS". So I hit the QR on my Larue mount walked over to his little NF and beat the shit outta it with my CS. Needless to say he was all pissed b/c I bent his pussy NF into a horse shoe. I was all like talk shit bitch. Remounted my CS on my AR dialed to 400 yards and shot a acorn outta that dickhead squirrles mouth.

Name another scope that can do that haters...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2guard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't remember who originally posted this, but all credit to them for making it. It is possibly my favorite thing ever on the hide:

dqlvs8.jpg

</div></div>

The first time I saw this reticle I thought it was a joke. Seeing it again I thought no, cant be, no one would do that. After a quick google of counter sniper reticle I have all the info I need on this wonderful new concept.....

My head hurts & I need a drink

Re: Sniper Scope ?

Oh man gotta read the entire listing here:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/co...t.aspx?a=650801

For the optics gurus here WTF is:

"24-step Bertrillium-Zantitium™ multi-coated optics with HydroShear™ water / ice displacement coating "??

Still trying to wrap my head around this one too:

"Variable red / green / black illuminated reticle"

Can't figure out what you get with an illuminated black reticle....I gotta stop, hurts from laughing....

Oh, and you guys are lucky those threads were locked. I couldn't resist bringing those back to life with a little bump. I was sad when I found out I couldn't
frown.gif

PermaLax sounds like it'd be good when you're all stopped up. But, I just gots to have some of that DustCaster Ion Charge...