• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper tape n paint - do I, don't i?

N20A

Private
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2011
UK
Hey all.

I've recently got my Rem 700 back with its new barrel fitted.

Taken it out to the range and during normal wear and tear the "all singing, all dancing" barrel coating has started chipping off at the first sign of the slightest rub. It's left the shiny silver of the barrel showing.

It's a shame as it looked pretty good (scope has changed from the one in the pic).

I'm military and my mates are encouraging me to cam it up as our snipers do with their AW338s. If it was a work rifle I wouldn't even hesitate but this is MY baby... Different story.

Question... Our snipers use flat green fabric "sniper tape" to tape up the barrel and optic prior to painting.

Has anyone else done this etc?

Thanks

Sniper tape huh?.........for taping sniper type shit.

I smell Airsoft BB's.

We used riggers tape, blue masking tape, whatever we had on hand. Still use blue masking tape, works really well and I can find it in different widths making it easier to prep right. It's not rocket science really.

Foam earplug in the bore still works best.