• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Snipers Challenge Taylorsville GA

Re: Snipers Challenge Taylorsville GA

Ya next time he has a marksman course I'm going. Need to work on my spotting calls.

Were the rulers really 2"x6"?

Yes, verticle, horizontal, and my personal favorite, cocked off at a 45 degree angle.

I believe one of our friends from Clarksville broke one of them with his 300WM. Man, I hate that........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zunrj5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were the rulers really 2"x6"? </div></div>

+1 on that poison123. i need some training bad

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1b375</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope everyone had a good time. Weather was awesome, little wind but not too bad. Good right up outsy but you are a little wrong on the distances. Probably why most people missed alot of targets at the match. You are about 50 to 100 yards off on the distances. We had targets closer to you than you thought they were, and some a little further than you thought they were. </div></div>

Figures ... hell I was guessing on distances ..... I really need to make a range card.

Outsy...I'm heading out there with a range finder and drawing a damn map.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Outsy...I'm heading out there with a range finder and drawing a damn map. </div></div>

No need to do all that ....... Google maps

BUT then again Joe will fuck with us by moving targets within the pits so that way we are still fucked LOL.

That match was all about being prepared. If you had good dope then it could a been relatively easy match. There was no standing and limited kneeling and optional shooting off your spotter.
I need to get out there on a Wed to confirm my dope - I blew the 1st stage an that set the tone for me.

Joe matches are usually pretty good, though this one ran a little long, but there were 35 shooters so that okay. The last stage, rapid fire - was most excellent.

Nice job Joe!

And I want to thank the fella with the camera for taking all these great pix!
Nice job, thanks.

Tomcat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That match was all about being prepared. If you had good dope then it could a been relatively easy match. There was no standing and limited kneeling and optional shooting off your spotter.
I need to get out there on a Wed to confirm my dope - I blew the 1st stage an that set the tone for me.

Joe matches are usually pretty good, though this one ran a little long, but there were 35 shooters so that okay. The last stage, rapid fire - was most excellent.

Nice job Joe!
</div></div>

No standing? what do you call the top right port on the second stage ..... that was standing.

I dont agree with your "if you had good dope it could be relatively easy" I know that Holsenback, has good dope on his rifle and he didnt do too well. Mr tapp who I am sure has good dope on his rifle only hit HALF the targets and won. It is a challenge ..... and it is always a challenge.

His challenge is not a match for those that only shoot out of the prone or only shoot without being stressed.

Its all up to what you want to do. On the 2nd part of the 3rd I made the decision to shoot kneeling with my spotter standing behind me actually spotting. Got 1 good hit on that, and would have gotten a 2nd if I had about 3 more secs
smirk.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zunrj5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were the rulers really 2"x6"? </div></div>

Yep...and a 175smk will send it a flying when it is hit square on
smile.gif
And it is a beautiful site

There are two rulers. One is 2x12 and the other is 4x8. No 2x6 rulers yet so don't give Joe any ideas. He is already thinking of some crescent moon shaped targets as though the golf balls aren't tough enough!!!

man i didnt even attempt the golf balls lol. i didnt bring that much A game.

outsy and fro does joe have any open spots at creekside. i might try and get a membership if there is an open.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">outsy and fro does joe have any open spots at creekside. i might try and get a membership if there is an open. </div></div>

I don't believe there is a limit on members.

He will eventually have to put a cap on memberships but there isn't one as of yet. Memberships are $175/year. You get discounts on the match fees and if you pay by the day it's $20. Doesn't take long to spend $175 that way. The biggest benefit is that you can shoot out to 500 on Wednesdays if you are a member.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sps remytactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">outsy and fro does joe have any open spots at creekside. i might try and get a membership if there is an open. </div></div>

Yea what the Redneck said
smile.gif

Also the "pits" we were shooting into left of the covered 100yd line are member only pits..

yeah that was me. Sorry about that. I think I'll bring a little less gun next time. I'm sure my spotter won't complain.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, verticle, horizontal, and my personal favorite, cocked off at a 45 degree angle.

I believe one of our friends from Clarksville broke one of them with his 300WM. Man, I hate that........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zunrj5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Were the rulers really 2"x6"? </div></div> </div></div>

Im gonna be out there on a Wed to check my dope - this game is all about being prepared.