• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Sniper's Hide 3-Day Precision, Mifflin Co. Sportsmen's Assn., PA - Sept. 26-28, 2023

You can go to the far end the line.
On your Right :D
IMG_7805.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Nik H
@Enough Said

Marc - any view of when you plan to make the call for $$?

I need to plan my coke bottle deposit money income carefully! Lol

5 weeks out, maybe 6.
We are up to our knees in students this week in NE and CO.
We give as much time as possible because once the money hits the bank, you cannot get it back. Sort of a back-hand slap courtesy. LOL

• Love
Reactions: Baron23
That would be the cleanest way but I had a bunch of left over Trex decking from building a dock so I just staggered them, braced the back and put a lip on the top.

View attachment 8067303
Good photo to show the kind of angle needed to reach the top of the Mifflin range. I’ve shot at Mifflin about 10 years ago so I’m familiar with the uphill slope to the 1k yard targets. I’m going to practice shooting prone with the tripod legs splayed out and see if that’s a stable position.

Good photo to show the kind of angle needed to reach the top of the Mifflin range. I’ve shot at Mifflin about 10 years ago so I’m familiar with the uphill slope to the 1k yard targets. I’m going to practice shooting prone with the tripod legs splayed out and see if that’s a stable position.
Just built a couple for me and my friend, @GBMaryland.

As you can see, I’m no carpenter. Lol

1691339773974.jpeg

Looks like a great idea as you don’t have to extend the bipod legs as much - reduce wobble.
Yes, and with leg extensions on a CAL or Elite Iron bipods it’s still wasn’t enough as you know from shooting there. A couple of 2’ pieces of 2”x10” worked in previous year, but I think this is better, particularly if the do a multi-distance target exercise like last year.

C u on the mountain. Coming up soon and I’m getting psych’d. (y) :D

The biggest advantage I found was the quick angle adjustment, just slide up or down the ramp to shoot higher or lower on the hill without having to adjust the legs.

The ramps look to be the good solution. I guess I need to get to Home Depot for a saw and some lumber.

Last edited:
The ramps look to be the good solution. I guess I need to get to Home Depot for a saw and some lumber.
Home Depot actually sells some lumber in 2’ and 4’ lengths. Not all (didn’t have 2x8 at the one local to me) and they have a big sawing station in any one I’ve been in. Fella there zipped my 4 and 8 footers into 2’ lengths in a minute.

Make one for a friend….you will most likely end up w extra pieces of lumber. 10 x 2 1/2” screws and a counter sink 1/8” bit and Bob’s your uncle.

Cheers.

Reactions: Ruggedtouch
Frank Update,

Hey Guys, with Marc down, I need to lean on you all for a minute. I believe we need to turn on payments for PA, as I don't think we opened it up officially.

Marc manages the lists and I don't have a copy at the moment. He is recovering quickly and I suspect by the time the class rolls around I will have it, but in the meantime I want to get the Ball rolling incase it has frozen

I will be out there, teaching the class, just no Marc, so we can move forward. I also have Ohio and then the week after I will be at the Maj Land Sniper Cup doing a clinic.

Let me know the status, we are on track to bring the class to PA, Sparky will be with me to help

@Lowlight

Frank - no, we have not had a call for $$ and are sort of in limbo on this.

I'm attending as is @GBMaryland, @TheOE800, @metalicat, of course @Nik H and not sure who else. Now these are of course SH handles and not our personal names/emails which I believe is how Marc has us on the list and contacts us for payment.

What do you need us to do in order for us to pay???

And or course, I'm very happy that Marc is quickly recovering. May it be speedy and full.

And not that it matters....but who is Sparky?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOE800
Perfect

Payment is open, I will be there as scheduled and will have Sparky with me.

3 day class option

I don't have a master list, Marc has it, but I can go by who paid.

Perfect

Payment is open, I will be there as scheduled and will have Sparky with me.

3 day class option

I don't have a master list, Marc has it, but I can go by who paid.
Paid.

Paid, should we be booking the hotel now? Marc told me to wait originally when I asked about booking. What’s everyone staying, Tuesday night and Wednesday night, or longer?

Last edited:
Paid, should we be booking the hotel now? Marc told me to wait originally when I asked about booking. What’s everyone staying, Tuesday night and Wednesday night, or longer?
Drive up the night before, drive back immediately after class on the final day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 03machstock
I'm old and its a decent ride to Maryland from there so I come up on Mon and stay over Thurs night and drive home on Friday.

As pointed out, we stay at the Holiday Inn - State College. There is an Outback next door that we sort of take over the bar and eat at. There is a Texas Roadhouse next to the Outback and while I personally think the food is better its also a zoo and impossible for us to get a big table. Olive Garden on the other side of the hotel, Wegman's a mile down the road, and tons else. Good location.

Its a 25-30 minute drive to the range but its kind of a nice drive through the PA mountains (yeah, folks out west laugh at "PA mountains LOL) and its a chance to decompress a bit after the class.

Let us know if you have any other questions...maybe we can answer them.

Cheers

I’ll be spending my time with Buffy at this place….

Yeah, he's too good to stay with us in a Holiday Inn...so, we aren't going to let him eat dinner with us either! hahaha

I'm old and its a decent ride to Maryland from there so I come up on Mon and stay over Thurs night and drive home on Friday.

As pointed out, we stay at the Holiday Inn - State College. There is an Outback next door that we sort of take over the bar and eat at. There is a Texas Roadhouse next to the Outback and while I personally think the food is better its also a zoo and impossible for us to get a big table. Olive Garden on the other side of the hotel, Wegman's a mile down the road, and tons else. Good location.

Its a 25-30 minute drive to the range but its kind of a nice drive through the PA mountains (yeah, folks out west laugh at "PA mountains LOL) and its a chance to decompress a bit after the class.

Let us know if you have any other questions...maybe we can answer them.

Cheers
Jealous

Well, if you signed up when the class was announced, then you too could attend.
I can do dec Jan feb or aug

Other than that work takes priority. Crotch goblins aren’t helping

I’m sure me and Frank would get along great Maybe.

Reactions: Baron23
I have the lists now, and have been getting the payments

I have a Ohio trip this weekend, will follow up next week with everyone

Thanks 👍
Frank...please tell Marc we will miss seeing him this year and he better get his ass to PA next year. No more slacking off! haha

Travel safe, have a great clinic in OH.