• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipers hide... Who ever does your online forum service needs to go.

elfster1234

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 3, 2012
    www.youtube.com
    SH. Just some feedback. Your online forum is ultra slow and really buggy. Not busting your balls. Just letting you know.

So would you call the people who operate the 'Hide forum "Dog Rockets"?

I learned this word recently from Switchblade, and it is a valuable part of any 'Hider's lexicon.

Hopefully we'll get a DB Change soon, it's something there. The rest of the site is on a new server cluster, but the DB is not.

it loads good, and then doesn't, I know today we had a DB Error reported... we are working them to get it sorted.

Time to upgrade the database server:

old+computer.jpg

Some poor lackey at snipers hide central trying to monitor the old 2nd amendment thread...

"She can't take any more captain, the dilithium crystals are disintegrating"

I am sure I am not the only one, but I still can't get used to this new format and don't really like it. It seems to me now that a lot of new programs are operating by the fix it till it breaks theme.

I learned this word recently from Switchblade, and it is a valuable part of any 'Hider's lexicon.

Dog Rocket's refer to what many of us call unsmokable cigars, those that are harsh, have a severe lack of good flavor or highlight, or any noteworthyness to them. I suppose it could go to a nasty popsickle or some such that would go into someone's mouth, but in this case, sorry, it does not work or apply

I lost all of my posts also so its not just you. Not all that worried about the whole post thing tho as i really dont care as its just number. Im just trying to help lowlight with personal experiences surfing the SH website. Businesses improve on feedback from their customers and there is simply something wrong with the website.

Not trying to piss anyone off or make switchblade anymore sensitive of a man than he already is, but just trying to give some helpful feedback.... as for me.........SH has been ultra buggy with broken links..... Also, yes, when the website is very busy late in the day & it is a daily occurance (that i experience) when the website gets so overloaded that it crashes or gets sooooooo slow that you can not surf the website.

One thing that might speed up the website this very second is if switchblade didnt tag so much stuff to his signature to prove he is such a bad ass. Tell ya what, ill leave snipershide when i get bad ass status when i hit 4300 post count like you but that might not happen when the post count continuously gets reset...LOL! Jk ;) calm down, clam down... Im just playing with you before you go off on some over the top rant.... Like i said before i dont give a crap about the whole post count bragging issue. Just giving some feedback to make SH a more smooth experience.

How many other people have lost all their posts in the last day or two??? Back to zero...... Thanks.....

Thanks for the reply. It is appreciated.

Hopefully we'll get a DB Change soon, it's something there. The rest of the site is on a new server cluster, but the DB is not.

it loads good, and then doesn't, I know today we had a DB Error reported... we are working them to get it sorted.

Dog Rocket's refer to what many of us call unsmokable cigars, those that are harsh, have a severe lack of good flavor or highlight, or any noteworthyness to them. I suppose it could go to a nasty popsickle or some such that would go into someone's mouth, but in this case, sorry, it does not work or apply

Pardon me while I laboriously add to that single digit number over by my board handle. :D

The possibly apocryphal origin of the term "dog rocket" as it applies to cigars: if nothing, it's a good yarn.

The Origin of the Term "Dog Rocket" | The Cigar Diary

Lowlight, this is what I run into all the time while surfing the website just to help you out / give you an idea. Usually it is not that bad, but this past week has been really bad. Hope this helps.

Capture_zps63a5f5ee.png

This is what I run into a lot while surfing the SH website just to give you can idea. Other websites that I surf do not have this issue so I know it is not my internet connection. I hope this helps.

Capture_zps63a5f5ee.png

My posts now dont immediatly post. I get a message that an administrator must approve first. Am I on double secret probation or is this the new norm?

Edit - Hmmm, this immediatly posted.

Most of the moderated posts are because of excessive links or images in them, not just because of the low post count.

That usually goes away pretty fast... I think they made changes last night, but I will check and see if that is the case we can begin to look at the other issues.

I always thought it was just me. For years I have believed that anything with a computer connected to it has a deep personal hatred for me, and that their primary reason for existence is to make my life more difficult.

SH. Just some feedback. Your online forum is ultra slow and really buggy. Not busting your balls. Just letting you know.

I consider myself busted. ( I'm the hosting provider ) - we added 3 new servers to the forum in the past week, getting ahead of the traffic curve for Lowlight has been a ongoing battle.

Back-end load numbers look good as of last night's changes ( new DB cluster ).

It won't solve the - "I don't like the way it works/looks/feels/smells/etc... " :) but... you should be able to complain about how it works/looks/feels/smells/etc... "QUICKLY" now!

-Michael

I lost post numbers too, wouldn't care if I was over a hundred but since it's a requirement to sell on the sight it sucks the big one when they just disappear on you.

I lost all of mine also... I think it would just be easier on lowlight if SH just got rid of them completely or just stop at 100posts (post count seller verified) for selling purposes and let your reputation do both the talking and the walking.... Not that hard to get 100posts anyway if your really involved in this community. I can only imagine the amount of PM's lowlight gets on how "i lost my count number" and how annoying it is. All the post count really shows how much of a life we really don't have anyway JK ;)

I lost post numbers too, wouldn't care if I was over a hundred but since it's a requirement to sell on the sight it sucks the big one when they just disappear on you.

Well I am not getting rid of the limits and they have to be automatic in a sense, otherwise we run into what happened before. For those who showed up when we always had limits for the FS section, basically you had scam artist who logged on, advertised stuff at a great price and then burned people. We had too many 1 post wonders offering to sell and without a limit it was impossible to tell who to trust. Even if you ignored them, there is a far too much traffic to believe nobody will fall for a scam if you let them post.

Basically looking at the system I have the Full Membership set to 100 posts or 45 days from registration, that is closest we can get to adjusting for the changes vBulletin makes.

It's not perfect, but it is better than nothing, one note, if you were a full member and lost posts below 100 it does not strip you of Full Membership.

The level of whining over the post count is staggering and really pathetic, as if I care what you have to sell.

We don't control the software, all we can do is use it to the best of our ability and personally I would rather make it harder to list items for sale than not because this is not Gunbroker, we are not charging you a fee if you do it right (become a full member). There is more than enough diversity on here so anyone can post and reach 100. If you don't want to wait you can pay $20 for access and list your crap for sale, with any number of posts.

If the 45 days doesn't work and people attempt to game the system I will make it 100 posts or 100 days, I maybe able to make it 50 posts and 90 days, so basically you can post less but you can't race to post. There are options. Right now I will try it this way...

I really appreciate everything you do lowlight. Sniper's hide is hands down the best and most informative online forum based on firearms, reloading, shooting techniques, and just being a bad ass. Also, the community is the best and most knowledgeable. Thanks again for everything you do and making all of this happen!

also, everything you just posted here makes total sense.

Well I am not getting rid of the limits and they have to be automatic in a sense, otherwise we run into what happened before. For those who showed up when we always had limits for the FS section, basically you had scam artist who logged on, advertised stuff at a great price and then burned people. We had too many 1 post wonders offering to sell and without a limit it was impossible to tell who to trust. Even if you ignored them, there is a far too much traffic to believe nobody will fall for a scam if you let them post.

Basically looking at the system I have the Full Membership set to 100 posts or 45 days from registration, that is closest we can get to adjusting for the changes vBulletin makes.

It's not perfect, but it is better than nothing, one note, if you were a full member and lost posts below 100 it does not strip you of Full Membership.

The level of whining over the post count is staggering and really pathetic, as if I care what you have to sell.

We don't control the software, all we can do is use it to the best of our ability and personally I would rather make it harder to list items for sale than not because this is not Gunbroker, we are not charging you a fee if you do it right (become a full member). There is more than enough diversity on here so anyone can post and reach 100. If you don't want to wait you can pay $20 for access and list your crap for sale, with any number of posts.

If the 45 days doesn't work and people attempt to game the system I will make it 100 posts or 100 days, I maybe able to make it 50 posts and 90 days, so basically you can post less but you can't race to post. There are options. Right now I will try it this way...

just some feedback and not busting your balls

website "feels" faster, but I'm getting a ton of the same "error:wrong host" reports as listed above (see my above pics) when I click on different forum sections (such as reloading, semi-auto, bear-pit) so I can not surf the website... I literally need to google "sniper's hide bear-pit", or google "sniper's hide reloading", or google "sniper's hide semi-auto" to surf the sniper's hide website as the forum section links do not work 100%... sometimes they do work and then they don't...... it is either all or nothing.

edit: this is what I get all of the time still especially when clicking on the different forum sections (such as reloading, semi-auto, bear-pit) from the main forum page

Capture_zps63a5f5ee.png

I consider myself busted. ( I'm the hosting provider ) - we added 3 new servers to the forum in the past week, getting ahead of the traffic curve for Lowlight has been a ongoing battle.

Back-end load numbers look good as of last night's changes ( new DB cluster ).

It won't solve the - "I don't like the way it works/looks/feels/smells/etc... " :) but... you should be able to complain about how it works/looks/feels/smells/etc... "QUICKLY" now!

-Michael

Last edited:
    I suspect this has been fixed and is no longer an issue... but I run into problems from time to time with the IPS [Intrusion Prevention System] gets updates from the vendor now and then.

I've got a super high-end unit at the shop and normal one at home (yes, I run an industrial one at home), and it happens from time to time.

What os strange is i get no errors on my ipad but i still get errors on my pc

I suspect this has been fixed and is no longer an issue... but I run into problems from time to time with the IPS [Intrusion Prevention System] gets updates from the vendor now and then.

I've got a super high-end unit at the shop and normal one at home (yes, I run an industrial one at home), and it happens from time to time.

I am sure I am not the only one, but I still can't get used to this new format and don't really like it. It seems to me now that a lot of new programs are operating by the fix it till it breaks theme.

I feel the same - much prefer the "old" SH site than the new one!!