• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snipery, not super vintage, but COOL history!

Triggered

Cervical Bruiser
Minuteman
Feb 26, 2017
Up Yours
It doesn't smell like mustache wax, aged scotch, nor did it come out of a rice paddy somewhere - but damn, it is snipery and has some real documented history to it.

Documented Marine Corps EDM 50 cal Windrunner up for sale at Rock Island next week, definitely didn't think I'd ever see one for sale. Only 2 associated with the Corps. This one came from the Scout Sniper Association.

1.JPG
2.JPG

Rifle has actual confirmed kills at 1,800 meters, 40+ confirms in Iraq / Afghanistan with 3rd Batt 3rd Reg Marines. My understanding is Bill Ritchie simply gave these rifles to the Marine Corps and said put em to work.

Bill is no longer with us, but I did own a Windrunner for a brief while and its an … ermmm… interesting gun as far as functionality (absolutely hated the M60 bipod) with a few quirks as well. But they shot well, and ridiculously far for the era, no question about that. Windrunners have an interesting history as well in general.

Not sure if my pockets are deep enough for this one, but man, what a cool piece with documented history.

Last edited:
Very cool rifle! Did someone buy or takeover his company? Thought I read they were still producing ELR rifles a year or so ago.

It doesn't smell like mustache wax, aged scotch, nor did it come out of a rice paddy somewhere - but damn, it is snipery and has some real documented history to it.

Documented Marine Corps EDM 50 cal Windrunner up for sale at Rock Island next week, definitely didn't think I'd ever see one for sale. Only 2 associated with the Corps. This one came from the Scout Sniper Association.

View attachment 7340441View attachment 7340440

Rifle has actual confirmed kills at 1,800 meters, 40+ confirms in Iraq / Afghanistan with 3rd Batt 3rd Reg Marines. My understanding is Bill Ritchie simply gave these rifles to the Marine Corps and said put em to work.

Bill is no longer with us, but I did own a Windrunner for a brief while and its an … ermmm… interesting gun as far as functionality (absolutely hated the M60 bipod) with a few quirks as well. But they shot well, and ridiculously far for the era, no question about that. Windrunners have an interesting history as well in general.

Not sure if my pockets are deep enough for this one, but man, what a cool piece with documented history.
I remember playing "Shooter Ready" with the .338 Windrunner version of this rifle. I wish all our pockets were deep enough to snag one of these and own a place big enough to put them all, ha ha.

$31,625 was the hammer price, but I want to say it went towards SS Association as a donation. I think Bill was selling these for around $12-15k when they first came back.

Bill's son has a company of his own, cant remember the name, but he is still actively making rifles and servicing the older Windrunners as far as I know.

Reactions: sandwarrior