• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Snow Goose Smack Down

G

Not my video, but worth sharing.
13 hunters put a sneak/ambush on these snow geese.
The geese jumped before they were quite ready, but they still managed to down a few.

The guy said they got 919 in a weekend doing this.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s9DM0hTUfzg"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s9DM0hTUfzg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Snow Goose Smack Down

I wouldnt call those guys hunters...might as well poison the field they eat from...or do as these africans...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svBtcWgWfxQ"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/svBtcWgWfxQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZeeLynx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt call those guys hunters... </div></div>

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.
They still had to locate, stalk, and shoot the geese.
In many ways, setting out several hundred decoys and waiting for them in layout blinds would have been easier.
But that's not what Spring Snow Goose hunting in the US is about.
It's about reducing numbers as best you can.
Many states have no limits and you can remove the limiter and add a magazine extension.

Snows here are like big, white, and fathered locusts.
They destroy winter crops and the breeding grounds in the north.
They are pests and are dealt with accordingly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZeeLynx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wouldnt call those guys hunters... </div></div>

You're certainly entitled to your opinion.
They still had to locate, stalk, and shoot the geese.
In many ways, setting out several hundred decoys and waiting for them in layout blinds would have been easier.
But that's not what Spring Snow Goose hunting in the US is about.
It's about reducing numbers as best you can.
Many states have no limits and you can remove the limiter and add a magazine extension.

Snows here are like big, white, and fathered locusts.
They destroy winter crops and the breeding grounds in the north.
They are pests and are dealt with accordingly. </div></div>

That is why magazine extenders are leagal and pretty much every thing goes to kill the snow geese before they completely distroy the whole tundra. our best day was 120 field shooting with 2000 decoys out but if you want to put your sneaking skills to the test try and sneak up on 30+thousand wary eyes.

Didnt mean to bash the video that much..but its not hunting when you're reducing the numbers of animals.. we all have different opinions and views on what hunting is...

Its kind of like pigeon hunting...only with 13 ppl and not 2-3 ppl at the same spot.

I know what this is all about, and me and my hunting buddies go pretty far when reducing the numbers of pigeons where I come from.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: msuhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish they would have killed them all those damn snow geese dont do anything but eat up all the farmers wheat fields </div></div>

preach on. they tear up the rice fields something fierce

The frikkn snow geese are destroying not only their habitat in the north but also the habitat of other waterfowl and ungulates, thats fact. Wak n Stak its your duty. For you to relate that to killing seals is absolutely fag at best. If you understand as you say about squab, you should remove that cheese ass video. Thats just my opinion and here is another one,seal tastes just fine and the fur is quite warm, however a 22 mag would do the job a lot better and provide much nicer furs for the ladies, but thats another gun control issue for Africa.