• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snowpocalypse Now

VSP968

Old World Asshole
Supporter
Minuteman
2q18n4j.jpg

I'm sick of snow- we're due to get 12-20 inches today (or 70 feet, depending who you're listening to). We got 6 inches last Saturday and 4 inches three days ago. Since when do I live in Albany?

I'd move to Florida but I hear there's a stray dog problem there.

Re: Snowpocalypse Now

Glad Im in Texas....come on down. Austins overcast but no 'white misery', as I now call the f*#king snow.

Hehehehe, snow.....we are lucky if we get any rain here let alone snow.

Damn that's pretty.

We're getting an el-nino this year, mildlywarm but plenty of rain - maybe I'll take a pic of my backyard tonight and post it - I have salamanders nesting in my yard (and my house now)......

I'm sick of pushing this crap around
mad.gif
. I don't mind a couple inches of snow here and there for hunting, but this is getting ridiculous. The deer are pawing the fields like crazy around here looking for food. We'll likely find a bunch starved this year after the lack of mass crop we've had in addition to the unusual amounts of snow.

It started here around 9 AM this morning. Snowed life a bitch until about noon. Tons of accidents.
I was in one office that had a scanner going and that thing was going nuts.
Worst one I heard while I was there was an Expedition with five kids on board had overturned on I-85 near the NC state line.
I hope they're all OK.

I finished my morning jobs and my afternoon appointment called to postpone until early next week.

We're at 32 with rain now. Roads are slushy, but better.

DC, Philly, Baltimore are supposed to get the worst of this one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It started here around 9 AM this morning. Snowed <span style="text-decoration: underline">life</span> a bitch until about noon. Tons of accidents.
I was in one office that had a scanner going and that thing was going nuts.
Worst one I heard while I was there was an Expedition with five kids on board had overturned on I-85 near the NC state line.
I hope they're all OK.

I finished my morning jobs and my afternoon appointment called to postpone until early next week.

We're at 32 with rain now. Roads are slushy, but better.

DC, Philly, Baltimore are supposed to get the worst of this one. </div></div>

Sounds rough. Just raining here.

0205001503.jpg

Rain had all but wiped the snow away till this morning... All this is from 9AM till now. sheesh. And now, freezing rain to make it even more fun!

62% and sunny in Austin
grin.gif

Did I just hear a chorus of ...Fuck you Goldie

This is part of the "The Saints will make the Superbowl, when Hell freezes over" theory that a local sportscaster predicted 20 years ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Creeter2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
0205001503.jpg

Rain had all but wiped the snow away till this morning... All this is from 9AM till now. sheesh. And now, freezing rain to make it even more fun! </div></div>

6 months from now, when it's hot as balls, you'll look back on that photo and say "Damn, that's beautiful"

Easy on the shovelation of that heavy ass snow; We used to call it heart(Hahht) attack snow back in NH when I was a kid! Lot's of folks would have "The big one" trying to shovel out too big a bite. It used to screw with the snow blowers pretty severely too. Very wet. Need to get into it in increments, while it's coming down.

Having good weather all year round has to be boring. You get up turn on the news and they say "Well, todays forcast is sunny and 75" on a daily basis. No thanks...I like the changing of the seasons...keeps things interesting and fun.

Well I was on the range today during lunch shooting my Rem 700 SS 5-R. The sun was nice, the rain stopped early this morning, and the breeze was light. Temp was very mild...about 68. I had to stop shooting for a little 8 point whitetail to clear off the range. All-in-all, not a bad lunch break in beautiful NW FL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SpectrePilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I was on the range today during lunch shooting my Rem 700 SS 5-R. The sun was nice, the rain stopped early this morning, and the breeze was light. Temp was very mild...about 68. I had to stop shooting for a little 8 point whitetail to clear off the range. All-in-all, not a bad lunch break in beautiful NW FL. </div></div>

Where in NW Florida are you? I didn't go to Manatee today precisely because of the looming rain I saw coming out of the North West, over the gulf this a.m.. It started raining in Tampa around 1:00 and we've since had almost an inch of rain, tornado(s) reported over at or near MacDill AFB and people injured at the State Fair grounds. Today is State Fair day so there are scads of kids excused from school, attending the fair.

I thought I could get in a bucket of range balls before the rain hit...Wrong. maybe I can get some ammo loaded today so I am not a complete failure!
frown.gif

The state closed. Sabre-tooth toger now on roof of my shed. Radio man says it could be over 90 feet of snow.

I am going to tailgate through the entire storm or until I run out of beer.

VXB, you should visit Possum Holler.

No, but there are a lot of them in the area.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that your PWS?</div></div>

I can take the snow for about 30 minutes or so. You know, you would get used to the weather always being perfect. So much to do. I think that is why pro sports don't do as well as other cities towns and states, just so much to do here you don't get "stuck" inside watching TV. Poor but happy.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bdh308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Having good weather all year round has to be boring. You get up turn on the news and they say "Well, todays forcast is sunny and 75" on a daily basis. No thanks...I like the changing of the seasons...keeps things interesting and fun.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, but there are a lot of them in the area.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that your PWS?</div></div>
</div></div>

Gotcha.
Mine is on there.
Just wondered if you managed one.

Looks a lot like San Diego without waves. Purty' Lindy

Linky?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Mechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No, but there are a lot of them in the area.
</div></div>

Gotcha.
Mine is on there.
Just wondered if you managed one.</div></div>

Nice, Lindy. Manys the night I remember camping on Padre and Mustang Islands.

The view off my back deck.

049-1.jpg

Oprah has been pre-empted for weather coverage: The TV people are now calling for a 90 to 110 foot snowfall locally. Every perky news-model that drew the short straw is out in the snow reporting the obvious: traffic sucks, there are multiple car accidents on I95, fist fights are breaking out over snow shovels in hardware stores and all local (and national) government offices have been closed. Hell, even MCB Quantico is "Code Red".

I've just returned from our local 15,000 square foot chain grocery store because Mrs. VSP968 discoverd we only have 3lbs of bacon. The store was packed and the shelves were emptied of everything but pita bread, sauerkraut and Coors Light.

I'd break out my bug out bag but where can I go?

Lindy: I've decided I don't like you and have removed you from my watched users list.

Its the end of the world for us here in VA according to the news and a few snow flakes!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSP968</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oprah has been pre-empted for weather coverage: The TV people are now calling for a 90 to 110 foot snowfall locally. Every perky news-model that drew the short straw is out in the snow reporting the obvious: traffic sucks, there are multiple car accidents on I95, fist fights are breaking out over snow shovels in hardware stores and all local (and national) government offices have been closed. Hell, even MCB Quantico is "Code Red".

I've just returned from our local 15,000 square foot chain grocery store because Mrs. VSP968 discoverd we only have 3lbs of bacon. The store was packed and the shelves were emptied of everything but pita bread, sauerkraut and Coors Light.

I'd break out my bug out bag but where can I go?

Lindy: I've decided I don't like you and have removed you from my watched users list. </div></div>

90 to 110 feet...LOL

thats why I hate blizzards so much....just like being stuck on 495 at 5:15 pm...no place to go...but the blizzard lasts longer. thats why I call snow "white misery".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSP968</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The store was packed and the shelves were emptied of everything but pita bread, sauerkraut and Coors Light.</div></div>

One of the best lines I have read today.

Weather Channel just reported a 78 mph wind gust
shocked.gif
in Tazewell VA, home of our own John Lester and the manchild Brad.
You ok down there John??

I cannot leave the trailer. There are snow drifts now of over 70 feet. I purchased all of the remaining bologna, Ramen and Coors lite Silver Bullet water this afternoon at Food Bloom when only 16 feet of snow covered the roads.

To think that just 3 months ago I had my yard looking good and a nice herb and cilantro garden out back...
2n83l3a.jpg

Queequeg...
I'm at Hurlburt Field, between Pensacola and Destin.
I'll be in Tampa 16-19 Feb for work.

51 degrees here in Idaho but the local ski resort got 6 inches of snow last night while we got a little rain . The snow pack is hurting for certain and I can almost here the farmers fighting over water rights already .

I am seriously considering driving the F350 and the 9 foot plow to VA/ DC to plow snow for a few days. I cant imagine there is the capacity to deal with all snow in place. Anyone local have any advice???

We're under a state of emergency, VDOT sucks when it snows an inch, but the up side is, in my AO, any un-scraped road (all of them, even in the towns) are free reign for off-road vehicles, so I'm about to make a 4-wheeler trek to take in the sights!

Cant Obama just vanquish all the snow clouds with one sweep of his arms ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Punisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant Obama just vanquish all the snow clouds with one sweep of his arms ? </div></div>

Not without Congressional approval.
We don't have a <span style="font-style: italic">War Against Snow</span>, so his executive powers are limited in this regard.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Punisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am seriously considering driving the F350 and the 9 foot plow to VA/ DC to plow snow for a few days. I cant imagine there is the capacity to deal with all snow in place. Anyone local have any advice??? </div></div>

You won't get any highway work, as they're all pre-contracted. Unless you can hook up with a contractor that's already on the job.
You could probably do well with parking lots and the like.
Just keep in mind that 20-30" of snow hides shit. Shit that you'd rather not plow into.

I have traveled before and done ok. Its more of a working vacation. One guy runs the snowblower, other plows. Nice way to see a cheap motel and a few beer joints!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tucker301</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Punisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant Obama just vanquish all the snow clouds with one sweep of his arms ? </div></div>

Not without Congressional approval.
We don't have a <span style="font-style: italic">War Against Snow</span>, so his executive powers are limited in this regard. </div></div>

Mabey we need a lobbyist to get that war started

Or Pat Robertson to pray harder

I can no longer see out of the windows of my home because the snow is so deep. I did not put expensive all-weather windows in either because I did not think it was worth spending on for my trailer. It is becoming a survivor story. We're getting a foot of snow every minute. My Tv is dead, but lucky for my family we had all seen the series on SURVIVOR when NOBODY kicked ass. Yes, he called himself "Russell," but you have to admit he did well.

There is no way me or the missus can get out with this snowpile. She has an 84 minivan (paid for with like new tires) and I have a mint AMC Pacer. In the shed, I have a newly waxed El Camino with a gun rack that we have won several trophies from sniper shows. I do not have a winter ghillie for my show truck-car...

The generator is functioning to support our WEB TV email but I may not be able to read your replys if you post graphics....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSP968</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A friend called to say he saw a Wooly Mammoth in his yard. I only have more deer....

xcuikh.jpg
</div></div>
Where are you at Monmouth co NJ?...SmokeRolls