• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Snowy in the Northeast...

I wish I could do better on the latter. I ride a Peloton bike 3 times a week. I need to do a lot more but not sure what to do

I also need to stop drinking as much as I do...

I actually eat little but am still 25 pounds too heavy

My wife just bought a Peloton, followed by arthroscopic surgery two weeks later, now told she needs a replacement.......bike is sitting useless. Knee issue was prior to the bike....kids wiped her out coming off a ski lift three years ago. Probably tore an old injury.

But........

A Peloton would be great excercise. Use it hard in a manageable amount of time - twenty minutes is as much stationary bike as I can take in one sitting before my brain revolts. Biking outside on two wheels all day if necessary.

I've moved to less impactful but intense in the moment.

A timed minute lifting a sandbag at full intensity, jump rope for two minutes than scoop your lungs off the ground, 8 minutes on a stair climber or tread mill, some form of body weight excercise to max reps.......rinse/repeat three times.......about an hours time 4-5 times per week.

I see your meals in the cooking thread....you already eat great.......cut out the carbs you will lose a quick twenty pounds.

Ditch the baklava and rice pilaf.......more lamb tips and cooking with olive oil.......greens fried in olive oil or shit like cauliflower.......

Of course taking diet information from a freak on a rifle forum is up to you but I'm a pretty smart freak.

Last edited:
Yes, yes it is.
As I've lived in Canada my whole life, I've had snow (to one extent or another) each and every year of my life. Now, there' summer, and 7 months of damned-poor-boatin'....

Ice fishing is way cheaper than a boat.....

Just saying.

Reactions: AMGtuned
My wife just bought a Peloton, followed by arthroscopic surgery two weeks later, now told she needs a replacement.......bike is sitting useless. Knee issue was prior to the bike....kids wiped her out coming off a ski lift three years ago. Probably tore an old injury.

But........

A Peloton would be great excercise. Use it hard in a manageable amount of time - twenty minutes is as much stationary bike as I can take in one sitting before my brain revolts. Biking outside on two wheels all day if necessary.

I've moved to less impactful but intense in the moment.

A timed minute lifting a sandbag at full intensity, jump rope for two minutes than scoop your lungs off the ground, 8 minutes on a stair climber or tread mill, some form of body weight excercise to max reps.......rinse/repeat three times.......about an hours time 4-5 times per week.

I see your meals in the cooking thread....you already eat great.......cut out the carbs you will lose a quick twenty pounds.

Ditch the souvlaki and rice pilaf.......more lamb tips and cooking with olive oil.......greens fried in olive oil or shit like cauliflower.......

Of course taking diet information from a freak on a rifle forum is up to you but I'm a pretty smart freak.
I ride the Peloton 3 times per week for 30-45 minutes per time. Workouts are very hard. My average HR is at 85% and I have periods (short) that are >100%. I should be working out 5 days a week.

I actually eat very well...I try not to eat a lot of carbs but don't think I can escape them entirely. I know people swear by Keto but my son the doctor says it is not good for you. My wife a nurse says it is no good for you. I am somewhat desperate so I may give it a go but what about booze. Booze is what adds calories for me. I know we have a lot of hard drinking members but I am a boozer. 4 days a week, it is one light beer per day. 3 days a week I drink quite a bit and I'll leave it at that

Reactions: pmclaine
After two plus hours of snow humping....

View attachment 7544744

Good excercise to keep my cholesteroils down......

Hmmmm, you must have gotten a lot more than me because it took me about the same to clear a drive twice as long as yours, judging by how much concrete I see between the cars and the street.

I only had 4 - 5 inches but it was that heavy ass wet snow that's great for snowmen but sucks to drive and ski on.

This morning the hardpack left by the plows was nice and cold so the winter tires grabbed on almost like it was pavement.

Ice fishing is way cheaper than a boat.....

Just saying.
yeah, well... ours is a boat that when it's on the water, we can and DO live on it. For days and even weeks at a time. It ain't the greatest 'yacht' in the bathtub, but it's our little home-away-from-home.

For those in-the-know, Wyatt's parents are planning on joining us for a multi-day/night trip this coming season. And to that, Wyatt and his brothers want to come out on the water with us, too.

We're looking at joining them this weekend while they are ice-fishing. It's expected to go into the -30's this weekend, not including wind. Gonna be interesting. Not exactly 'budgie-smuggler' weather OR conditions.

16” of snow at my house west of Boston

Snow machine people are insane with the modding they do to increase horsepower.

Edit add......Actually I guess all enthusiasts are nuts, chainsaw people in mind.........'Merica!
I used to go to a guy for service, who turned out to be a total crook......but raced and knew how to wring HP out of those suckers. That was over 15 years ago. Nowadays they're turbo'd 4 strokers and the ride is insane with all the suspension and ergonomic designs. Mine's about 17 years old. Runs like a raped ape, and rides like one too. I'm playing 17 year old's games with 49 year old equipment. Don't look forward to it like I used to 20 years ago.

16 Inches of Snow for Bobby Jo
1VwvvOT.jpg

Just got back from another walk with my son earning another $8.

Wore a set of these all day.

Bought them back in the fall, first time out today.

Cant recommend them enough for days like this. Great money spent.

Im 5'8" these regs be a little long but I rolled the cuff under and they are fine. Med/Short would be my correct size.

I like a 34 waist and these are adjusted all the way in giving me a little room still to move.

They come with suspenders but I wore an engineers belt.....could have packed my EDC holster if I needed to first layer was just a set of light polypro long johns.

Good gear....contact @LAR Dragoon

Edit/add - just checked waist on mine.....Im not adjusted all the way in. I could probably take another inch or two out of the waist but my love handles like the present setting.

Last edited:
I ride the Peloton 3 times per week for 30-45 minutes per time. Workouts are very hard. My average HR is at 85% and I have periods (short) that are >100%. I should be working out 5 days a week.

I actually eat very well...I try not to eat a lot of carbs but don't think I can escape them entirely. I know people swear by Keto but my son the doctor says it is not good for you. My wife a nurse says it is no good for you. I am somewhat desperate so I may give it a go but what about booze. Booze is what adds calories for me. I know we have a lot of hard drinking members but I am a boozer. 4 days a week, it is one light beer per day. 3 days a week I drink quite a bit and I'll leave it at that

I was drinking as much bourbon as I wanted.

I for no particular reason really havent had much since October and it caused my good cholserol to drop about twenty points.

Last year my cholesterol was 215 total with an LDL of about 80. My doc didnt give a shit because the good stuff was well above the 40 they want you to have.

This year I think I was 179 and my LDl is now around 60. Good is still well above 40 and the total is well under the 220 where they start talking meds.

A snipers hide genius (they are here) immediatly asked about my alcohol and he was 100 percent right I hadnt had much lately. That dropped my good cholesterol and I wonder if it also caused the drop in overall cholesterol?

Anyway drinking aint bad, just avoid the shit with carbs - whiskey IS your friend.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, you must have gotten a lot more than me because it took me about the same to clear a drive twice as long as yours, judging by how much concrete I see between the cars and the street.

I only had 4 - 5 inches but it was that heavy ass wet snow that's great for snowmen but sucks to drive and ski on.

This morning the hardpack left by the plows was nice and cold so the winter tires grabbed on almost like it was pavement.

In front of the retaining wall we have two parking spaces parallel with the street....had to clear those too.

I wish I could do better on the latter. I ride a Peloton bike 3 times a week. I need to do a lot more but not sure what to do

I also need to stop drinking as much as I do...

I actually eat little but am still 25 pounds too heavy.
Start swimming, work up to a mile 3 times a week. Guarantee you'll shed that extra weight quickly.

Reactions: pmclaine
Just got back from another walk with my son earning another $8.

Wore a set of these all day.

Bought them back in the fall, first time out today.

Cant recommend them enough for days like this. Great money spent.

Im 5'8" these regs be a little long but I rolled the cuff under and they are fine. Med/Short would be my correct size.

I like a 34 waist and these are adjusted all the way in giving me a little room still to move.

They come with suspenders but I wore an engineers belt.....could have packed my EDC holster if I needed to first layer was just a set of light polypro long johns.

Good gear....contact @LAR Dragoon

Edit/add - just checked waist on mine.....Im not adjusted all the way in. I could probably take another inch or two out of the waist but my love handles like the present setting.
I actually have some similar pants that Massif Mountain Gear designed for the Army.
They are called Army Elements Pant (AEP)
They are used, but in like new condition, ACU camo, size XL-Reg
Reviews say they fit almost a size smaller than marked.
$110 shipped!

Attachments

• s-l1600 (90).jpg
    s-l1600 (90).jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 13
I actually have some similar pants that Massif Mountain Gear designed for the Army.
They are called Army Elements Pant (AEP)
They are used, but in like new condition, ACU camo, size XL-Reg
Reviews say they fit almost a size smaller than marked.
$110 shipped!

I hate to say it but I think the Army created ACU just to kill surplus sales........

Im such a fashionista fashion shopper.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot
I used to go to a guy for service, who turned out to be a total crook......but raced and knew how to wring HP out of those suckers. That was over 15 years ago. Nowadays they're turbo'd 4 strokers and the ride is insane with all the suspension and ergonomic designs. Mine's about 17 years old. Runs like a raped ape, and rides like one too. I'm playing 17 year old's games with 49 year old equipment. Don't look forward to it like I used to 20 years ago.

You need to come out west. The only thing the turbo 4t does well is climb chutes and run trails. The turbo 800 2t's are super fun, light, and responsive. Roll over and turn on a dime. Just drive them with the throttle!

Nothing quite like tossing a 500lb 240hp machine around in 3' of powder. Trying to cut across the side hills and through the trees avoiding avalanche zones.

10 minutes on a trail and I'm bored and miserable.

You need to come out west. The only thing the turbo 4t does well is climb chutes and run trails. The turbo 800 2t's are super fun, light, and responsive. Roll over and turn on a dime. Just drive them with the throttle!

Nothing quite like tossing a 500lb 240hp machine around in 3' of powder. Trying to cut across the side hills and through the trees avoiding avalanche zones.

10 minutes on a trail and I'm bored and miserable.
All the videos of the backcountry riding is cool to watch. All we got out here are hard packed trails and a little too much fluff gets ya buried. I'd think the high mountain riding has to be a little better for the back, legs, and arms.

All the videos of the backcountry riding is cool to watch. All we got out here are hard packed trails and a little too much fluff gets ya buried. I'd think the high mountain riding has to be a little better for the back, legs, and arms.

I have an older Indy for ice fishing. It's all but worthless off trail with a 133x1.25.

It is nice to "wreck" and have zero damage, zero pain, just a mess of snow. If you manage to get stuck a ski pull or a shake and wiggle the sled will climb right back up on top.

Still get the sore muscles from jumping side to side, and hanging out off the side keeping the sled up on edge.

It's one hell of an experience.