• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So Cal - 22LR Tac / Prec Match Results 04-04-09

Timberwolf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2003
Palmdale, CA
<span style="font-weight: bold">APS – 22LR Tac / Prec Match Results 04-04-09</span>

Here are the results from today’s match. My report will be in another thread.

Ten Stages – Maximum Score 1000

Fist Place – Henry Song - 780
Second Place – Mark Edgreen – 725
Third Place – Alan Campbell - 720

Scores breakdown

Henry Song - 780
Mark Edgreen – 725
Alan Campbell - 720
Dave Jaffe – 660
Joe Villegas – 640
James Dolan – 640
Cameron Wang – 620
Devin Dolan - 595
Dennis Dannehl - 560
Steven Raeder – 540
Burke Johnson – 530
Mike Chapman – 405
Ben Ferebreni – 160

Congratulations to all for a very well shot match. Honorable mention goes to the top three.

Thanks for a great match y’all and a hearty congrats to today’s winners.

The next match is set for the first Saturday in May (050209) so mark your calendars accordingly. I will make an official announcement in another thread.

Re: So Cal - 22LR Tac / Prec Match Results 04-04-09

If I'd managed to hit that dang chicken at 90 yards, I have had you, Jaffe.
wink.gif

shoulda, woulda, coulda....

I what if myself to death between each match.

maybe next time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shoulda, woulda, coulda....

maybe next time.</div></div>

yeah I go through the same - like I shoulda used a 4" plate at 130 instead of the 10"; I shoulda made that last stage offhand since everyone seems to be able to hit it offhand; I shoulda left the pipe up where the 90 yard chicken was; if I woulda had the match on Sunday instead of Saturday y'all woulda had more wind . . . LOL

Y'all did fine and everyone is becoming rimfire marksman extraordinaires. Y'all are getting to the point where I may need to start raising the bar a little or start classifying people according to their average scores and maybe in addition to the high overall plaques award medals to the high shooter in the different classes.

My big killer right now is the brush. How about a nice clean backdrop that I can use to call my misses and adjust for a follow-up shot?

I think Bill's been watering the hills back there.

Raising the bar will only make us better. My goal that I can never seem to accomplish is not to zero out a stage. That is what kills me each match.With the cailber of shooters we have now you just can't make mistakes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Timberwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">shoulda, woulda, coulda....

maybe next time.</div></div>

yeah I go through the same - like I shoulda used a 4" plate at 130 instead of the 10"; I shoulda made that last stage offhand since everyone seems to be able to hit it offhand; I shoulda left the pipe up where the 90 yard chicken was; if I woulda had the match on Sunday instead of Saturday y'all woulda had more wind . . . LOL

Y'all did fine and everyone is becoming rimfire marksman extraordinaires. Y'all are getting to the point where I may need to start raising the bar a little or start classifying people according to their average scores and maybe in addition to the high overall plaques award medals to the high shooter in the different classes. </div></div>

As long as you keep shooting before the rest of us and clearing the brush that is OK with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RimfireJunky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My big killer right now is the brush. How about a nice clean backdrop that I can use to call my misses and adjust for a follow-up shot?

I think Bill's been watering the hills back there. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as you keep shooting before the rest of us and clearing the brush that is OK with me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RimfireJunky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My big killer right now is the brush. How about a nice clean backdrop that I can use to call my misses and adjust for a follow-up shot?

I think Bill's been watering the hills back there. </div></div> </div></div>

You have to "be" the bullet and weave your way through the bushes...
laugh.gif

Recall how well Dennis did on the steel stages.

The key to doing well is consistency (not "0" any stage) and being an all-around shooter... being able to put the shot where you want it regardless of the messed up positions you're in.

BTW: Bill those off-hand hits on the steel were all flukes. Never to be repeated.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RimfireJunky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I'd managed to hit that dang chicken at 90 yards, I have had you, Jaffe.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Heh! And if I'd remembered to dial in the correct setting for the 50 yard
off hand stage, I wouldn't have zeroed it. D'OH! Back when I was shooting silhouettes, I was actually GOOD at offhand shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The key to doing well is consistency (not "0" any stage) and being an all-around shooter... being able to put the shot where you want it regardless of the messed up positions you're in.
</div></div>

That's exactly what I love about this match. Guaranteed, Bill will come up with something unexpected that I've never done before. It takes a bit of the ego pressure off, and forces me to concentrate on the fundamentals. And the fact that almost everyone blows one stage or another really fosters some great comraderie. This is far and away the most fun I've ever had shooting.

Thanks Bill!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
laugh.gif

BTW: Bill those off-hand hits on the steel were all flukes. Never to be repeated..... </div></div>

I hear you. This was only my fourth match so I'm just starting to get comfortable shooting in various positions at dynamic distances. But I'm having a blast out there and learning more every time I compete.

I've got the rifle performing at a level that I know it's not to blame if I blow a shot. Now it seems to just be a matter of getting the trigger time in.

Ahhh...maybe that is why you got first place???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooter65</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As long as you keep shooting before the rest of us and clearing the brush that is OK with me.

I think Bill's been watering the hills back there. </div></div> </div></div>

laugh.gif

BTW: Bill those off-hand hits on the steel were all flukes. Never to be repeated..... </div></div>

I think Bill's been watering the hills back there.</div></div>

I try to put targets where misses can be seen but unless its real dry 22s just don't leave that much of a footprint. I can't clear down to bare earth back there only trim the weeds down as needed . . . think "low impact usage"