• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s So do you hate boards??? Korean Performance Taekwondo team smash some boards!!!

My two oldest girls 16 and 14) just passed their 2nd degree black belt testing in TKD. I'll be showing them this tonight!

Reactions: hermosabeach
389CEEEE-8C68-4581-B4E9-78DA07836520.jpeg

More like 1/2" x 12" Balsa!

Nice Trickery! Miss The Kick - just drop the board, or have the holder just snap it

Cool $#!@ for Hollywood Movies!
Even without hitting the boards, that shit was pretty impressive.

More like 1/2" x 12" Balsa!

Nice Trickery! Miss The Kick - just drop the board, or have the holder just snap it

Cool $#!@ for Hollywood Movies!

They are most likely 1" pine boards. But, they are cut and held (and stressed while held) to break along the grain. My elder son did TKD for several years and broke crap tons of these boards before he ever turned 10. Board breaking is a cool demonstration, but I don't think it is meant to show strength. I think it is meant to show the overcoming of mental barriers. If you think you cannot break a board, you cannot. Once you know you can, breaking them- even several stacked together- is pretty easy. His instructor had a picture of himself next to a stack of concrete pavers he had broken. The stack was sufficiently tall that he had to stand on a not-insubstantial ladder to get in position to break them. He was not a physically imposing person, but he broke every one with a single strike.

edit- ok, those in the video do not look like 1" boards...