• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes so I got a piece of fuzz on my reticle -......

Re: so I got a piece of fuzz on my reticle -......

At one time I had several Schmidt&Bender PMll LP's with the Premier conversions that had a similar problem. The guys at Premier told me to beat the optic on a decent thickness of a telephone book or the like. Sure enough, the particle disappeared from the lense. I also shipped one once that left my hands without a blemish but arrived to the new owner with a dust particle on the glass. He did the same thing by smacking a phone book with it and it also worked for him.

Definitely send it in, FFP scopes have to be done separately compared to SFP scopes because they dust is so visible in the reticule if it lands on the lens. They will have to take it off by hand in the factory I would think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperk1ng20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Definitely send it in, FFP scopes have to be done separately compared to SFP scopes because they dust is so visible in the reticule if it lands on the lens. They will have to take it off by hand in the factory I would think.</div></div>

Ah last time I checked the Nikon Buckmasters were not FFP.

Still would need to send it in and have it checked up. Not sure if they charge for that or not, nightforce does it for free you just have to pay for shipping.

If you know someone that is into vinyl LP's, they might own a gizmo called a Zerostat. It's an anti-static gun. I've had good luck with getting things to release from the inside of a lens before.

zerostat.jpg

Mark H.