• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So I have an extra AICS 1.0 SA stock now...

jtb33

Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
PHX, AZ - USA
So now that I got an XLR Evolution stock which I like more, it freed up one of my AICS stocks. So, I am debating about what to do with it. I already have Remington 700's in 308 and 223 (and a 40X in .22LR) in AICS 1.5 stocks. Are there any other SA Remington 700 rifles in a different caliber that I should consider buying to put into this stock?

Re: So I have an extra AICS 1.0 SA stock now...

I'm very inexperienced in bolt action calibers outside of 308 and 223, so I'm open to suggestions.

I don't hunt; I'm pretty much a paper puncher. I do reload. I can frequently shoot at local ranges out to 500Y.

However, for me to get into a new bolt-action caliber, it would have to provide some pretty clear advantages over 308 and 223.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alien Hunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like you "need" a .243 or .260 </div></div>

I like this idea, especially one of the 6.5mm's, however there's not a ton of reason to get one if you're only shooting out to 500 yards. Out to there a 308 or 223 would do you just fine.

Unless you're just looking for an excuse to buy something new and in that case I say get a 260...
cool.gif

You could just send it to me and i'll put it to good use or build a 260.But i do like the first of my options better