• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So many 6mm calibers to pick. Which one for PRS and why?

There’s still feeding issues at times with 6gt. Have seen several need them same tweaking as br cases. With mag kits, br cases feed about the same.

Load data is all over the place for 6gt.

I have a 6GT, and yes I have feeding issues. A local comp shooter also has a 6 GT and yes he has feed issues.

im a fairly new PRS shooter who just built his first full custom gun. I chose the 6CM for the simplicity of being able to run factory ammo (berger comes with lapua brass) as well as step into reloading later on. you can shoot berger factory ammo for a year saving all the brass while slowly acquiring reloading stuff and have all lapua brass to work with when you decide to make the switch. With that being said the 6cm has been nice to me on stages where i forgot to hold over. being a faster round it didnt seem to drop as much and i was still able to get impacts even on a mess up. yes barrel life is a concern but we are still talking 1800rds or so are we not? depending how many matches you go to and how much you practice that can most likely still get most people a full season.

Reactions: giumau1