• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

so my brother-in-law, my nephew, and I "got lucky"

6.5x61Super

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2009
Central Ohio
www.youtube.com
....we visited my sister and her husband this past weekend in Michigan, about 20 miles North of Ann Arbor.

My brother-in-law has been wanting an AR15 for the past 2 months. So when the shit hit the fan, he like others were ready to pull the trigger on one.

Unfortunately, after several phone calls both in Michigan and Ohio...no one had any available stock AR15's.....

Then......I give another shooting buddy a call...he had (2) ASA Flat-top Carbines left....$1,200 + tax.....we immediately jumped on the buy.

He also said he had (5) more coming [pre-ordered] mid-January. My nephew who is completing his duty in the Air Force this March also wanted one.....so as the saying goes..

" I'd rather be LUCKY..then good..lol"...or in this case "..WE.."

I already have a custom AR15 6PDK....of which I have fully outfitted from buttstock to muzzle......now my dilemma.....do I keep the stock ASA AR15 in the gunsafe as an investment.....or....and I am already thinking of upgrades...lol

Re: so my brother-in-law, my nephew, and I "got lucky"

Well, you bought it at the right price so it will noot go down in value so I would hold onto it, it will either keep its value or go way up in value. I for one do not feel right taking advantage of fellow gun owners due to panic buying even if there is anonymity that gunbroker and other sites give sellers, its just wrong IMO, not to say that is your intention.

Kirk R

Hey if you want to keep it as an investment, then do so. If somebody pays more, they are willing participants. They are paying the "I put my head in the sand for the past four years" premium.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Kirk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, you bought it at the right price so it will noot go down in value so I would hold onto it, it will either keep its value or go way up in value. I for one do not feel right taking advantage of fellow gun owners due to panic buying even if there is anonymity that gunbroker and other sites give sellers, its just wrong IMO, not to say that is your intention.

Kirk R </div></div>

copy that!

I am trying to resist the urge to start tricking it out!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey if you want to keep it as an investment, then do so. If somebody pays more, they are willing participants. They are paying the "I put my head in the sand for the past four years" premium. </div></div>

agree...

yeah....the learned are here...the un-informed are paying for their ignorance!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey if you want to keep it as an investment, then do so. If somebody pays more, they are willing participants. They are paying the "I put my head in the sand for the past four years" premium. </div></div>

My feelings as well, I would not feel at all guilty if you resold and made a profit

I understand not tryn to take advantage on forums like the hide as some
Assholes have with pmags. BUT when it comes to guns the only way i have afforded this addiction is to flip some for cash from time to
Time. I say if you flip it for a few extra bills go for it. And reinvest in another one.

I don't think you will be selling for 3x what you paid for it like what pmags doing now!