• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So My Wife Called me out on my man purse!!

Re: So My Wife Called me out on my man purse!!

"The Ecstasy of Gold"

That brought back some memories. Thanks for posting that.

I'm mulling over the Maxpedition as well. But, I've also the hots for a Mission-Go-Bag as well.

Yeah, different applications and don't need to buy both right now.

In the states I prefer a more manly backpack for items I don't want to carry. I can always just use one shoulder strap, but prefer the security and comfort of two. I have had a couple camelbak packs for years. I have found the main hydration pocket makes a very good improvised holster when you lose the water bag. It's easy to get into padded and somewhat hidden. I do have a small "belly bag" holster I use at times, but prefer a paddle holster under a loose shirt. I like the idea of a laptop bag if I were in a more refined setting, but I tend to go pretty casual.

The maxpedition and other bug out bags seem too tactical looking to me for "discreet" carry in the states. Why not just strap on a tactical vest and have everything ready and within reach, since you are pretty much announcing to the world that you are a "very tactical guy" and probably packing.

Really who cares what anyone else thinks. If you want to sport a bug out bag to carry all of lifes essentials then by all means do so. We all have our own style and there are reasons that they make both chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

i suggest you add extra batteries and some form of quick clot or celox and a simple tourniquet, it's fine to be in the winning mind set but even winners bleed out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rez187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i suggest you add extra batteries and some form of quick clot or celox and a simple tourniquet, it's fine to be in the winning mind set but even winners bleed out! </div></div>

Quick Clot was banned from use in the Army because it has been proven to cause more damage to a casualty in the long run.

The best out there awhile ago was the Combat Gauze(same maker), but there might be something better in current battlefield circulation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rez187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i suggest you add extra batteries and some form of quick clot or celox and a simple tourniquet, it's fine to be in the winning mind set but even winners bleed out! </div></div>

Quick Clot was banned from use in the Army because it has been proven to cause more damage to a casualty in the long run.

The best out there awhile ago was the Combat Gauze(same maker), but there might be something better in current battlefield circulation.</div></div>

Guys... STOP!!! You are killing me. This thread started out with a guy being called out for looking ridiculous and very unmanly by his own wife. It has evolved into some SHTF scenario out of AR15.com; in fact, I think this thread has brought over more than a couple new members from there.

Carrying concealed is uncomfortable! End of story. Be a man and endure the discomfort of wearing a concealed holster if you feel the need to carry a weapon; save the concealed carry purses for the women!

We are stateside fellas! Carrying a bailout bag with extra mags, batteries, medical supplies, etc. overseas in hostile countries is one thing; but carrying a purse full of flashlights, quickclot, combat gauze, or whatever your homeostatic agent of choice is doesn't make much sense here in the states. For one thing we have a far more superior emergency response system here... How many of you honestly feel that they can pack your own wound on an arterial bleed before an EMS shows up?? Applying your own tourniquet? Sure. Unless you are running around here in a team the chances of someone else being able to perform buddy aid on you and pack your wound not so good either, most civilians have not received any type of combat first aid.

Carry a first aid kit in our car or your backpack when hiking if you choose, but if you can't carry your weapon on your person... THEN LEAVE IT THE HELL AT HOME!!! Maybe carry a rape whistle and someone who is man enough to carry their gun on them will come and save you.

I felt a little obligation to divert the thread jak.

It was one of those things that you have to put out because it has to do with saving a life. Whether it be your's or another's.

Your right, it still is about the whole "man purse" issue.

wow talk about bad advice you guys are ridiculous if the guy is gonna carry a man purse and wants to know what to have in it why not give some ideas. unfortunately i see guys like jackhamer join our department and think nothing will ever happen to them. you can carry your ccw with one bullet if you want i on the other hand wether on duty or with the family carry extra "stuff" and i suppose ill have to be the guy to put my tourniquet on you because if you think ems will get there before an artery will bleed out your just silly!
its not a question of if hes gonna carry the man purse he stated he is so in that case put it to use.

furthermore jackhamer if you don't like whats being said go to the next thread don't be a jerk and insult the guy!

you don't know who we are or what level of experience we have nor we of you so save your hollyer than thou tough guy response

Hey,

Jack Bauer does it. I think frag grenades make it unquestionably a "satchel" not a purse.

rez187, you are right I don't know what you do, as you don't know what I do. I am speaking for the OP who stated that he carried while working at vacant houses on the inner city. I am not speaking of officers on duty who are at a higher risk of suffering a traumatic wound. It is all about threat assessment. If you want to carry a field surgery kit with you everywhere you go then do it, but getting on here and telling your average, everyday, non-combat-medically trained CCW civilian that he should carry quickclot and combat gauze with him everywhere he goes is just silly.

But if you still insist on carrying a purse here's one you should like:
IMG_20110604_052453.jpg

IMG_20110604_052438.jpg

And this not a "holier-than-thou" attitude it is a common sense approach to a problem that most here are not doing. Many of you are giving the OP a lot of unrealistic advice. If the OP is at that big of a risk of getting in a gunfight then the second thing you should recommend is he wear body armor. All the combat gauze in the world isn't going to fix a penetrating chest wound. The reason our troops are pushing stopping the arterial bleeders overseas with homeostatics and tourniquets is because they are able to prevent a lot of the chest trauma with the body armor technology.

So... OP take a realistic look at what your biggest and most likely threats are; look at the crime trends in the areas you are working in. Decide what level of protection you need and go from there. Like I said earlier get yourself a paddle holster so you can take it off and secure at as needed. If you insist on carrying a bag make sure it fits your environment.

Whatever floats your guys' boats. Personally, I hate carrying shit ON me, or with me. My thoughts, if I am gonna ccw, its iwb in a vm2, and I dont look back. Sometimes its uncomfortable after 15hrs, but thats the price I am willing to pay. I keep a spare mag in my weak side front pocket an emmerson comander in weakside rear pocket, wallet strongside rear, and money wherever their is room left to stash it.

BUT, I always have matches in the truck, fixed blade knives, rifle with ammo, shovel, some type of shitty flashlight, and whatever else I dont drag out of there. I honestly dont see the need to carry a satchel, man purse, bag of death or whatever it is called, why, because how many times (state side) are you more than 500yds away from your vehicle? Me, not many. I figure, 19rds out of my pistol, can hopefully get me back to my truck, where my stuff is at.

Remember ccw shouldnt be comfortable, it should be comforting

Meh

Gun on my hip (sw mp9c) or pocket (Keltec pf9)
Extra mag on opposite pocket, and also my SOG knife.
Back pocket has wallet, other one has phone.

Full pockets, but beats carrying a bag around. Has nothing to do with a man purse, just don't need bags to go do kymthing, everything fits in pocket.

And you're from Cali?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever floats your guys' boats. Personally, I hate carrying shit ON me, or with me. My thoughts, if I am gonna ccw, its iwb in a vm2, and I dont look back. Sometimes its uncomfortable after 15hrs, but thats the price I am willing to pay. I keep a spare mag in my weak side front pocket an emmerson comander in weakside rear pocket, wallet strongside rear, and money wherever their is room left to stash it.

BUT, I always have matches in the truck, fixed blade knives, rifle with ammo, shovel, some type of shitty flashlight, and whatever else I dont drag out of there. I honestly dont see the need to carry a satchel, man purse, bag of death or whatever it is called, why, because how many times (state side) are you more than 500yds away from your vehicle? Me, not many. I figure, 19rds out of my pistol, can hopefully get me back to my truck, where my stuff is at.

Remember ccw shouldnt be comfortable, it should be comforting </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you're from Cali?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whatever floats your guys' boats. Personally, I hate carrying shit ON me, or with me. My thoughts, if I am gonna ccw, its iwb in a vm2, and I dont look back. Sometimes its uncomfortable after 15hrs, but thats the price I am willing to pay. I keep a spare mag in my weak side front pocket an emmerson comander in weakside rear pocket, wallet strongside rear, and money wherever their is room left to stash it.

Remember ccw shouldnt be comfortable, it should be comforting </div></div> </div></div>

You are from Fl, I am from Ca, than man on the moon is from the moon, whats your point?

For clarification, I live in a "free" part of cali, not SF, or LA, but where people still have guns in their gun racks no cell coverage etc.

Wow,

Just WOW.

It's amazing how folks can get spun up about a bag or what's in (or not in) it.

I don't live YOUR life. You don't live mine. Do your own threat assessment and determine the tools you need (and have the skill) to use.

Remember that we now live in a day and age where people will take cell phone video of you bleeding out rather than rendering aid to you.

Well John, You are going to have to bring it to our next match at the end of the month, we can use it in the match and get opinions on how it co-ordinates with our multiple outfits!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, sdkidaho...where do you carry the rifle that goes with those mags? </div></div>

That's a stock photo - that isn't my personal bag.
smile.gif

I'm way to embarassed to post a pic of me and my MAX, plus it is funny to read about all of those folks who are like myself. Drives the wife crazy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jakhamr81</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Carry a first aid kit in our car or your backpack when hiking if you choose, but if you can't carry your weapon on your person... THEN LEAVE IT THE HELL AT HOME!!! Maybe carry a rape whistle and someone who is man enough to carry their gun on them will come and save you. </div></div>

I like the cut of your jib sir!

That being said... I often carry what many people would consider to be an "excessive amount of crap" in my pockets. However, I can honestly say I've used every item I carry at least once a month, most of the items several times a week but the electrical tape and lighter don't get used often.

I do NOT EVER carry any of my defensive tools (Firearm/knives) anywhere other than on my person... however I have been known to toss a couple of spare mags in my laptop bag while on vacation.

When comfort outweighs function, you need to rethink your POU on your EDC gear.