• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So my wife said...

My wife is a die hard saver and I'm a sucker for a deal spender. If she had her way there'd be no room for her in the coffin with all the cash and I plan on being cremated.
We'd never agree on money saving vs spending.

I was never taught responsible money habits so my wife being in charge of our finances is a good thing. However, we are close to being out of debt except for the house. When the last debt payment is made, we’ll re-figure our budget and I’m going to push for a separate monthly stipend for each of us.

I get, to a point, the need to ask about purchases if there is significant debt to be paid off

and another thing, a hot set of tits shows up and you fuckers are already plottin on me. I've been here for 15 years, what the fuck? hahaha

dont be such an antisocial fuckwit then.

that’s coming from another antisocial fuckwit.

i’m actually less inclined to converse with a female. because if there is one thing i hate, it’s favortism being shown to anyone and i really hate how guys will go the the Nth degree if they think it’ll win them some favor. i hate that shit.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
dont be such an antisocial fuckwit then.

that’s coming from another antisocial fuckwit.

i’m actually less inclined to converse with a female. because if there is one thing i hate, it’s favortism being shown to anyone and i really hate how guys will go the the Nth degree if they think it’ll win them some favor. i hate that shit.

Attachments

• whoagiphy01.gif
    whoagiphy01.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
and another thing, a hot set of tits shows up and you fuckers are already plottin on me. I've been here for 15 years, what the fuck? hahaha

Afraid I started that, guilty as charged. :cool:

So a follow up story that has always amazed and somewhat bugged me.

Years ago I had a buddy who was crazy over things Native American. He had a huge arrow head, stone axe, and any thing else he could find around the Virginia hills. I owned a ranch in west central Texas and spent a lot of time in New Mexico and Arizona where here is a large NA presence. One day he was talking about how much he love that kind of stuff so I said to him "Well why dont you come out to my ranch this summer and we'll go out to the reservations in NM and Az. He looks at me almost horrified and say "Pam (his wife) would never let me do that." I kind of choked back a grunt and didt say anything else but its bothered me all this time. I knie Pam and think she would have been glad for him to go. Maybe he just didnt have the balls to leave his area?

I should have said "Are you a man or a mouse? Come on, squeak up."

100% secret to a happy marriage: Separate Checking.
This is how we do it. I walk in the house with a new $6,000 shotgun and she says "cool, let me see it!" I have no idea what she spends on girl shit, and I don't care.

I do think its funny how guys will go back and forth about buying something on the PX, then they mention the wife and the deal is over with.

This is how we do it. I walk in the house with a new $6,000 shotgun and she says "cool, let me see it!" I have no idea what she spends on girl shit, and I don't care.

I do think its funny how guys will go back and forth about buying something on the PX, then they mention the wife and the deal is over with.

We do talk about costs, but not in a way where we run it past others. So, if say one of us is debating on if a purchase for something for ourself with our own money is worth it, we will talk about it with the other to get the other's input. But not permission. Sometimes we may decide it isn't worth it after talking it out.
Now stuff for the house, we have money set in a special account for that. Bills are budgeted out and anything leftover is for other expenses. Any normal day to day or small stuff just gets bought. Anything large, like say I want a new fridge, we would discuss. Mostly because we both use it and want to make sure all parties involved are okay with the pick. Would even run it by the kid.

But does he know what I spend on clothes, paint, sewing stuff, pet supplies, seeds for the garden? Not unless I decide to tell him. I do not know what all he spends on gun stuff unless he tells me. He usually tells me though. And from hearing him talk to others, I have a pretty good idea at this point about how much parts and stuff run at any given time, give or take, so I could probably guess if I wanted to. But I don't care, so long as bills are paid. As I believe it should be with any two-person adult relationship. Share somethings but respect some separations.

And honestly, this thread went way on way longer than I expected it to go. Lol
You guys can be good conversationalists!

Btw, I totally found the memes thread and love it

Reactions: W54/XM-388
I think for some guys the wife is just a convenient excuse on purchase and sales negotiations. My girlfriend of 20 years quite often says "Why don't you go blow something up" and says I'm much more pleasant after I go hunting or shooting.

Been married 25 yrs! She always wants me to be able to do what I want too! The same for her! She’s bought several guns for me over the years including an AI and srs a1. I’m a lucky bastard and she’s pretty hot too!

17 or 18 years at this point. Have to ask the mrs.

We both do the same. Our regular paychecks to towards our budgeted expenses. We each have side hustles that buy the extravagant purchases. I don't question hers at all and encourage her the best I can.

Sometimes to like to talk out loud and use her for a sounding board. If it wasn't for that I doubt she would have a clue what I spend. Same with her and her "STUFF" think we buy expensive things?!?!?!?!

Recently, it seems like there's been an increase in the number of guys that are in relationships where they have to run certain purchases past their significant other, whether to get approval or just make them aware that they're buying something. I told my wife about some of the posts and let her read the comments, most of which she just rolled her eyes too, mainly because we don't have that kind of dynamic at all and we make it work. She thought the whole premise was kind of funny. Basically I have my money, she has hers, and then we have our money that we use to run the household with. She trusts me to spend my money responsibly, because I do adult from time to time, so there's little worry that if I spend $700 on a rifle we're going to be destitute.

Skip forward to today and I have a package come in from BCM, my wife texts me, and said I should post this...

View attachment 7318665View attachment 7318666

So I've been getting a good chuckle out of it for the past little bit and she wanted me to share it with all of you fine gentleman belligerents. Who am I to argue with that?

Ya'll have a great day!
You have a good woman. I've got one too.