• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes So, Now I Need A Scope. Help Me Choose.

cnl390

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2013
San Antonio, TX
If my second post turns out as productive as my first I will be good to go.
OK, after processing all the info derived from my first post I have decided what I want and need your help.
The scope will be mounted on AR15 .300 AAC Blackout which will be used on hogs and other unsuspecting game out to 300 yds.
The scope I hope to find will be smaller so as not to overpower my 14.7' barrel, MOA/MOA, Zero stop, dialing style turrets, reticle that can be used for holdover & illuminated. Priced up to $1500.
So now it is your turn to talk me into something.
Thanks

I was gonna say Nightforce 2.5-10, but with those features it'll be a bit over $1,500.

ETA: Where can one get a NF 3-15 FFP for $1.5K? All the ones I've seen have been significantly higher than that.

Last edited:
PSOP, since 300AAC, AKA stollen 300 whisper, is balistically similar to 7.62x39....

I wouldn't spend much on a optic for such a poor performing cartridge.

PSOP, since 300AAC, AKA stollen 300 whisper, is balistically similar to 7.62x39....

I wouldn't spend much on a optic for such a poor performing cartridge.

That's the irony of it. With the sub sonic round it drops so quickly I need a scope I can depend on for hold over or dialing in.

My ACOG works pretty well. I use it for the same thing your talking about. Hogs and coyotes. The 4x powers isnt too much for close encounters and I can still reach out and touch them.

I really like my Horus HDMR. 3-21x, FFP, useful reticle. Only downside is it's not illuminated. Horus does make some illuminated scopes in that price range.