• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SO TECH Sniper Hydration Harness?

bark-eater

Private
Minuteman
I just "won" one off fleabay. It was pretty much an impulse buy. Hopefully it will get some use deer hunting.
I was wondering how a pack will ride with a full water bladder in the sleeve? I'm assuming anything with a frame would be a no-go. Or would a large butt pack attached to the vest combined with a small backpack like a Kifaru E+E be a useful set up?

Re: SO TECH Sniper Hydration Harness?

Haven't used the specific gear you're talking about. Having a cameleback underneath a small backback is doable for a little bit, but if you are going to be moving all day you'd be better off just sticking the bladder in your backpack and using the harness as an LBV. This is definitely the case if you are packing a large ruck. Anything you place on top of a full bladder is going to ride cockeyed and to one side or the other.

Again I haven't used either the SOtech hydration harness or the Kifaru so the best way to find out, would be to give it a shot yourself and figure whats comfortable for you.

Regards,
Maarten

Thanks,
I don't have much in the way of Molle gear,so I will have to purchase every thing before I try it out. I Haven't found to much info about this rig, and was hopeing for some feedback from folks who run a rig like this.The Apollo thread has some good ideas.

I was inspecting the vest and it has two horizontal buckled loops above the vertical buckled belt keeper loops. I ended up calling SOTECH and asking about their purpose. The reply I got back was that they are to attach to a backpacks shoulder straps to lock it onto your back. I have tried this with a day pack and while the connection is solid, I'm not sure about how it would work over full pouches on the vests panels. On thought I had was to use a Kifaru pod attached above a butt pack to carry rain gear and such.