• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s So today, I forgot...

spamassassian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2012
New Mexico, USA
... to bring the bolt for my R700 with me to the range. D'OH!!

I had dry swabbed the bore before packing everything into the car. Drove all the way out there, and got all set up before realizing the damn bolt was still sitting on my workbench.

So much for shooting today... gonna be two weeks before I can go out again. Oh well...

I'm sure others have similar stories...

Re: So today, I forgot...

Forgot my ammo once
smile.gif

A friend of mine left a gun laying in the grass on his private range for a week once. We found it the next time we went shooting and the half of it that was against the ground was rusted solid.

Yea, lol, there's a lot of shit you gotta remember. Bolts and ammo are definitely some of them. I can't talk though, I would forget my name if it wasn't written on my drivers license.

Speaking of which, just a couple minutes ago I went to buy some beer and the lady asked me for my ID. I said, sure, got out my wallet and low and behold all that's there is my CCW permit. No drivers license. Im thinking - FUCK, lol. Guess where I left it? Behind the counter at the shooting range. It had been there for like 2 days before I realized. Luckily it's only a 20-30 minute drive to get it, and not like 2-3 hours.
smile.gif

Went to the range today. I started talking to the guy in the next lane. He said he brought his .45 ammo but forgot to bring his .45 pistol. It happens.

Yeah, went out shooting once with my cousin(who was 12 or 13 at the time), took my .22 and about a thousand rounds but forgot the magazines. Oh well though, as I got him shooting my 7RM, and he didn't do all that bad.

I actually left a gun at a range years ago. I brought several and I was in a hurry when it was time to leave as I was on my way to my brother's pre-deployment picnic and was running a bit behind schedule. At any rate, I didn't do my normal double check to make sure I had everything packed up and I left. I didn't notice anything was missing until I got home about 6 hours later. I called the range and they said if anyone reported it they'd call me back. Of course no one reported it. I was really fond of that Browning Buckmark. I've since bought another.

Yeah went to the range had my rifle shooting mat ear plugs kestral data book six mags.

I had everything except my dam ammo.

Good thing my range is only 20 min drive and I had some rounds loaded in the mags.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcm331</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Went to the range today. I started talking to the guy in the next lane. He said he brought his .45 ammo but forgot to bring his .45 pistol. It happens. </div></div>

My buddy had a Tarus Judge he'd just bought. Had everything except the .45 Long Colts for it.

Ended up another gentleman there had a metric shit-ton of Long Colts and let us shoot them. He also let me shoot his Enfield which had been converted to a .22 LR and his Martini which had also been converted to a .22LR (the rifle from Zulu.) Now me and that nice gentleman are very good friends and shoot together often.

Turns out he also flew planes in the Air Force and helped me a great deal along the way to putting in my officers packet with the Air Force. Here's to hoping my board goes well.

I feel a lot better after reading these stories! The range master did tell me that there were two guys out there yesterday who had forgotten their ammo.
smile.gif

Instead of waiting two weeks to shoot, I cleared my schedule for this morning and I'm heading back out there. This time with my bolt! And ammo... and hopefully everything else!

I once forgot to pack up ALL the guns and a tripod I brought to the range. I'd packed the guns in their tool box, and brought them out to the car, where I met a friend who was just going in to shoot. I'd backed into my parking space and he drove head in; we were driver's door to driver's door. He needed help removing something from the trunk, so I put my shit down behind the rear bumper of my car and helped him move his stuff from the trunk to the passenger side of his car where we proceeded to BS for about 20 minutes until I left. I just went right to the car and drove off. He moved his stuff alone the 15 feet into the walled-in shooting area and shot until I returned.

Some kind soul put my tool box and tripod back against the wall and left it there. Two hours later I'd made the round trip back (after calling) and retrieved my guns--2 Wilson Combats including a Super Grade, a Ruger Mark II, a Leica Televid 77mm spotting scope, and a Bogen tripod. Fools have a god all their own. I was amazed that no one passing by in that first hour had taken the stuff.

I've left guns (brought ammo), ammo (brought guns), bipods, rear bags, tools of every sort, tape, targets, target STANDS, Chronograph, and my mat. That is all within the past year, haha.

Worse then the range my uncle and I went quail hunting about a hour from the house and when we got there he forgot to put his gun in the truck. Still make fun of him for that

My brother in law made sure he had his .22LR shells to go squirrel hunting one morning but put his 12 gauge BPS in the case. All I had in the glove box were some turkey loads.........

My Dad and I bought hunting licenses the year I turned 16 - the one and only season my Dad and I went hunting. I didn't own a shotgun, so first time out, I borrowed one from a buddy. Me, my Dad, a buddy of his who was an avid hunter, and his GSHP. Two hour drive to state game lands. Pile out of vehicle and start gearing up. Oh sh&t look on my face when I realize that I left the key for the trigger lock on my dresser at home. Dad grabs gun, throws it in vehicle and takes off. Comes back about an hour later having stopped at a local high school, where he was able to convince the shop teacher to drill out the lock on the trigger lock.

I went dove hunting with a friend of mine[a banker] and we only got 3 doves that afternoon and he said he had one more place we could go. When we got there we had to climb a fence and I can tell you I have never in my 70 years seen so many doves. We limited out in about 10 minutes. must have been 500 doves in that little spot. When we got back in the truck I asked him why we did not go there first and he said 'well we were not really supposed to be on the other side of the fence' I could have been fined for every dove and they would have taken my Winchester 101. Needless to say I don't hunt with this fellow anymore.

I have a bad habit of forgetting hearing protection. I've used many improvised ear plugs from q-tips to bore patches.

The only thing I remember forgetting was hear protection. But that ruin a day when you are shooting at a rock quarry and there is nothing around to improvise with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SquarePizza</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only thing I remember forgetting was hear protection. But that ruin a day when you are shooting at a rock quarry and there is nothing around to improvise with. </div></div>

I know the feeling....
last time out, I forgot the ear plugs / muffs, everything...
I didn't bother with the range bag, just out at the farm with the 454 & a box of shells...
Took the pocket knife to a small chunk of foam out from under the truck seat.
It worked OK but my ears were still ringing from the first shot with no hearing protection.

Yep, Ive forgotten ear protection before. Sucks!! I cut a couple of pieces from my t-shirt and rolled them up. Similar to the times Ive forgotten toilet paper on a hunt. Yes, I own a couple of half-shirts...

I left my LCP in a Sonic restroom once... you know the kind where the door locks once you leave... luckily, I realized it almost immediately (5 min later, but no one else had used the bathroom) and had to rudely shove some teenager out of the way to get back in the stall, just in time. Sonic shits will make you forget anything.

stoopid.jpg

I had all my stuff ready and forgot to go to the range, I put reminder on the calender now, never happened since
wink.gif