• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

so.... took my wife to the range today.....

georgiashooter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2011
metter ga
that was a mistake..... it was a 4 shot range trip. i think women are just at some genetic predisposition to be completely batshit crazy. i set up to shoot out the back of my truck, she wanted to sit up on the tool box.i said no, youll be wiggling around while im trying to shoot, she bitched and i said "fine, sit your big ass up there then". shot 1, stomped her foot down on my back because it scared her when i shot. shots 2 3 and 4, non stop questions between shots, couldnt concentrate. finally just packed up and left.

so lesson learned, never take your wife shooting, especially if she is a complete dumbass like my wife.

Re: so.... took my wife to the range today.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: georgiashooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that was a mistake..... it was a 4 shot range trip. i think women are just at some genetic predisposition to be completely batshit crazy. i set up to shoot out the back of my truck, she wanted to sit up on the tool box.i said no, youll be wiggling around while im trying to shoot, she bitched and i said "fine, sit your big ass up there then". shot 1, stomped her foot down on my back because it scared her when i shot. shots 2 3 and 4, non stop questions between shots, couldnt concentrate. finally just packed up and left.

so lesson learned, never take your wife shooting, especially if she is a complete dumbass like my wife. </div></div>

lol. You ought to try a wife out you don't think is a dumb ass next time.

That said, I think variety is what makes relationships interesting I think if I found a woman that was interested in exactly the same things as I am I'd get bored pretty quickly of her.

Who knows though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: georgiashooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that was a mistake..... it was a 4 shot range trip. i think women are just at some genetic predisposition to be completely batshit crazy. i set up to shoot out the back of my truck, she wanted to sit up on the tool box.i said no, youll be wiggling around while im trying to shoot, she bitched and i said "fine, sit your big ass up there then". shot 1, stomped her foot down on my back because it scared her when i shot. shots 2 3 and 4, non stop questions between shots, couldnt concentrate. finally just packed up and left.

so lesson learned, never take your wife shooting, especially if she is a complete dumbass like my wife. </div></div>

That said, I think variety is what makes relationships interesting I think if I found a woman that was interested in exactly the same things as I am I'd get bored pretty quickly of her.

Who knows though.</div></div>
something about childbirth flipped her retard switch. she was fine before......

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpHzPzjUTY8"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpHzPzjUTY8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: georgiashooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: georgiashooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that was a mistake..... it was a 4 shot range trip. i think women are just at some genetic predisposition to be completely batshit crazy. i set up to shoot out the back of my truck, she wanted to sit up on the tool box.i said no, youll be wiggling around while im trying to shoot, she bitched and i said "fine, sit your big ass up there then". shot 1, stomped her foot down on my back because it scared her when i shot. shots 2 3 and 4, non stop questions between shots, couldnt concentrate. finally just packed up and left.

Who knows though.</div></div>
something about childbirth flipped her retard switch. she was fine before...... </div></div>I think you may be onto something. My wife liked to hunt and fish before we had kids, all of the sudden she just went nuts on me. I have given up trying to get her into the outdoors.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: georgiashooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "fine, sit your big ass up there then". </div></div>

cry.gif
hahahahahahahahha
cry.gif
hahahaha
cry.gif

But in all seriousness, my wife used to come to the range with me too, and shoot(220swift)she even seemed to enjoy it. Now, years and two kids later, she despises my rifles and the time I spend with them. It's a shame.

So, she wanted to come with you, she wanted a 'front row seat', and she was interested enough to ask questions.

I'm not seeing seeing the downside. Being startled, and asking questions, doesn't seem too outside the box to me.

If you exercise some patience and play along a little, then put her behind the rifle, you might have a new shooting partner.

Like this one!!!
grin.gif

e5a07015.jpg

IMG_5908.jpg

I think if you had a wife that wasn't a bitch most of the time it'd be great to have her like doing everything with you. So if you are one those guys consider yourself lucky as fuck.

As for the rest of us consider all the shit she doesn't want to do with you as a blessing.
1) Shooting
2) Hunting
3) Fishing
4) Camping
5) Backpacking
6) Hanging out with your friends

I find these activities have kept me sane enough to not have to get a divorce yet. That shits expensive.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like this one!!!
grin.gif

IMG_5908.jpg
</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">WHAT IN THE HOLLY FUCK IS THAT THING?</span></span></span>

Op, why didnt you just shoot off the ground?

If you make it fun, and not be such a dick and serious about it, she might take more interest in it.

Oh man, never tell a woman that she has a "big ass".

Instant FAIL!!!!

Instant HELL!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like this one!!!
grin.gif

IMG_5908.jpg
</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">WHAT IN THE HOLLY FUCK IS THAT THING?</span></span></span> </div></div>

Either its the camera angle or that is a one big mo chunk of pork chop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like this one!!!
grin.gif

IMG_5908.jpg
</div></div>
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">WHAT IN THE HOLLY FUCK IS THAT THING?</span></span></span> </div></div>

laugh.gif

It's a Russian Wild Boar. Yes, it's a big bastard but I was sitting on my ass about 3 feet behind it. Kinda makes it look bigger.

I have taken some girlfriends shooting. All were absolute delights. I never had the expectation that I was going to get anything accomplished other than have some fun, answer a lot of questions and make a few memories.

One GF in particular accompanied to the range at least once when 'hide member Banshee and I went. It was more fun with her than it would have been without her. As a matter of fact, if her two kids were not in need of a 7/24 thorazine drip, I would have married her. But, oh well.

The above woman was shooting a heavy barrel Ruger #1. It was a fairly elegant rifle with a 16x Redfield scope(one of the long ones). She was doing a good job with the little .223, but it was not performing as well as she thought it should. After a 5-shot sub-moa group, she looked at me and asked, "Why aren't they all in the same hole?" I told her that was the mystery for all rifle shooters.

David

Some get it, some dont. I exhausted myself trying to get my Xwife into my passion, and got nuttin but headaches and heartbreaks. What a waste of time.

Anywho, my current GF is almost into shooting and collecting as much as am I.
Let me reiterate that again, "Almost". But she does truly understand, and honestly support my addiction so to speak.
Hell, she helped me buy my first Russian MAK today. Now that's a Woman!

And she's hot.

AngieandKrys003.jpg

I have been married for 25 years and the one thing that has kept us together more than anything else is that she knows I have my hobbies and she is fine with that as long as it is not too costly. Her father always had weapons and hunted when she was growing up so it is natural in her mind. She goes shooting sometimes but I don't force it. If she wants to go she will ask but most of the time I go with my shooting buds so she doesn't want to go. The key is I don't force it but I do I ask and most of the time she says no thanks I am going to the mall. And, I reply, fine I am going to the range and then out to lunch with the guys. Makes thing a lot easier on all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like this one!!!
grin.gif

IMG_5908.jpg
</div></div>

laugh.gif

It's a Russian Wild Boar. Yes, it's a big bastard but I was sitting on my ass about 3 feet behind it. Kinda makes it look bigger.
</div></div>

I could tell it was some type of hog, but that makes sense if you are that far behind it. Yes that is one big sob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nashlaw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never had the expectation that I was going to get anything accomplished other than have some fun, answer a lot of questions and make a few memories.
</div></div>

This is exactly what I did. The first few times I just took the .22 for her and didn't care if I pulled the trigger once. I did shoot a few times so she could see instead of hear what I was saying. After she got comfortable with it, I set her behind my .243. She doesn't fully understand elevation and windage, but she can adjust parallax and knows the anti-cant device well. First time I let her shoot 400, she went 5 for 5 and the guys at the range were staring as their jaws dropped. It was quite funny to watch her tell her dad that she shot 2 MOA at 400 when he didn't know what it meant.

At least she showed enough interest to go out with to the range and try to understand why you enjoy it so much if she didn’t care she wouldn’t have bothered to ask to go, I started my wife small with my ar-15 and she enjoys shooting that (not much bump to it) I put her behind my 308 explained about kick keeping it tight in the pocket of shoulder, she fired one round and only one round after the scope hit her in the eye lol needless to say I laughed when shouldn’t have(and a lot of a$$kissing later) she still goes and she spots for me however she hasn’t gotten trace down yet, but I give her a couple hundred round 5.56 as she has a ball, we have kids guess I’m lucky the Mommy switch didn’t get flipped, and she wants to get a 17HMR for our daughter. So I know I’m lucky as Hell so try a different approach may get different results

Buy her a rifle or something of her own and make an outing of it next time. Kind of like a play date per-say and she might understand a bit more. Get something fun and easy to shoot so it makes it enjoyable to shoot and she'll be hooked.

My wife loves to go the range and varment hunting with me, we have a ball together.

hmmm yea, gotta make it fun for the woman folk. I go calling all the time with my wife, but we have a "picnic" and stuff at lunch and do lots of hiking/site seeing.

Hardest thing to learn, is go slow, and dont have expectations. Pretty much will be wasted trip to range for yourself, but if you do it right, it will pay dividends later.

Ha or call her a fat ass and never have to worry bout her coming again...or worry about getting any action again...your choice.

Got to train them like a dog. No not kidding, if you make it fun with a prize for doing well. When I was first taking my wife and kids out I always started with the .22's and targets that explode. Next you challenge them to some shooting games with a prize like pedicures, books, and shit "they" like to do. Then just sandbag. Before you know it, you will be sittin' in front of the couch watchin' football and the kids and wife are in front of the TV with some rifles yelling at you to get up and take them shooting.

Man, I would do anything to have my wife like to shoot with me! Op, you really fucked up on that one.

I took my wife to the range with me once. I showed her how to hold the rifle so that it wouldn't hurt. She shot the target right in the bulls eye first time and said looks like I am better than you. I said try it some more and she said she already had it down. So basically she only shot one shot in her whole life. Although, after I got her a hand gun she wanted to go to the range to shoot that; just tough finding the time with a 3 and 5 year old around.

My wife wouldn't shoot. Some friends came over a few years ago to do some shooting and when the other woman shot a .22 handgun, my wife tried it. She said it was fine. She had fun but she didn't want to do it again.

I got her to try a .45, she nailed a pop can from 15 feet. But she only shot once.

This spring, her sister came up with her husband to do some shooting. My wife decided that if her sister was shooting, she wanted to try it too. I showed her hot to shoot my 10/22. She shot pop bottles full of water, and balloons. She enjoyed it, and said she would like to do that more.

The morals of the story:

1. If other women are involved, it is not just a man thing. Peer pressure isn't always bad.

2. Start small. Women are usually afraid of everything. Especially guns, if they were not raised using them. They are afraid of the kick and the blast. So start with a .22.

3. I recommend ear protection. Not strictly necessary with a .22 rifle, but with any handgun or larger rifle it is a must.

I grew up around guns, and I am sure my hearing has suffered. Even though I am somewhat used to it, the blast bothers me. Imagine what it does to someone who hasn't already ruined their ears and is scared in the first place.

OP, I think you made this story up, until I see pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OP, I think you made this story up, until I see pics </div></div>

+1 I don't think he's even married.

Take my old lady every chance we get to go together. She loves to shoot. Can't get her past the .22 though. I need to get a good .380 or something to get her to more comfortable with larger calibers, but she's a crack shot with that .22 rifle. I make it a point to never piss her off when she's within spitting distance of that thing.

My wife and I shoot together a lot. Ground squirrel season is a gas. When the kids were home, and smaller, we would both teach especially if the pace slowed, and I was focussing on one kid, she wold take the other and give them some pointers until the line went hot again.
I sometimes say, "I taught them to shoot, she taught them to hit."
She was raised in a home of hunters, and liked to shoot before I met her. I thank God for her parents every single day.