• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So what did you Mothers buy yourself for mothers day?

Not Mother's Day, but this week's surprise 54th worked out pretty well... The Midwinters Night Dram was the first I've seen in a year. The Python is something I ve coveted since they were in production the first time...
20240508_090159.jpg

Reactions: FWoo45 and geek65
My mother passed away in 1987. My mother-in-law passed away in 2022. But I gave my wife a Mother's Day card. In 1973, she gave birth to a girl and gave her up for adoption. The reason being, she was 17 years old, unmarried, and her pregnancy was the result of a multiple sexual assault at a party. So, she doesn't know who the actual father is. She only knew one of the guys and the others just showed up.

She was able to get past that at the time and had no way to raise a child. Her daughter was adopted by a nice jewish family from Princeton, New Jersey. (My wife was raised lutheran.)

Her daughter has a daughter who is turning 16 this year.

So, to celebrate, I bought myself a cover for my charcoal grill to combat rust. And a new storage tote to keep charcoal in.

.22 ammo to get ahead of the retarded-ness that is coming.... I'm sure everyone knows Vista has halted sales of Alliant powder sale for the foreseeable future due to a <cough> Nitocellulose shortage.

Bought another old tractor the other day
Figured I'd bring it home when the wife was away.
Welp, neighbor called and said he was driving it over today!

So Happy Mother's day honey, I got you this swell 1962 IHC 560 diesel🥰
Need pics of cool old tractor

A single mom at the titty bar......

Doc

New toy for the shop View attachment 8416850Starrett T230XRL
Hell, didn't know you wanted one.
I have at least 5-6 of the 0-1" 'ers and would not even miss 3 of them.
I just don't use them that often any more.
I have Starrets, Mitutoyos, Generals, Protos...few other brands I can't think of right now.
Only thing I use much these days is the digital calipers (for reloading, duh).

If you need shit like that place a WTB or something.....might sooprize ya.
If I recall correctly, I bought my (exact same) starret for I think about $35-40 back when they came in a really nice felt lined tongue and groove wooden box (which it has always been stored in) and I wouldn't feel out selling it for the same as I paid (why would I?).
It would have my last name engraved on it, but other than that, as new.

Reactions: ZiaHunter
Not Mother's Day, but this week's surprise 54th worked out pretty well... The Midwinters Night Dram was the first I've seen in a year. The Python is something I ve coveted since they were in production the first time...View attachment 8416557
Is that the newer CZ/Colt mishmash Python ?
Really curious as to how the fit and finish are in hand.....and how it shoots.
Could ya, would ya.....post a review plz ?

It's blued.

I don't think the new guns are made in that delicious finish.

My bad.

I did a Google search

New for 2024, bluing.
It is pretty obvious to me it's one of the new ones made after CZs involvement.
I know the finish is no where near as nice as the old ones which I considered to be some of the nicest finishes ever done on a pistol.
I wonder about the fitments/gaps/tolerances though.....and this thing I've heard of called a "Hillary hole".
Sure I can probably pull up a few SpewTube video reviews, but I really don't trust em.
I would much rather hear from an actual end user here on the 'Hide and feel I was getting the details unbiased and honest.

Doesn't that sound beneficial for a post here ?

I had an opportunity to handle a current generation python in a LGS about a year ago. Pretty gun but trigger and action weren't to be compared to the old ones.

It is a new production model that wife picked up at LGS. I always wanted one, but can't shell out for an original. I wish I had experience with the originals but I dont, so no real points of comparison. I always loved the fit and finish on those fine pistols.

I test fired this one over the weekend with two boxes of Federal .38spl. It was very accurate out to 50 yds. on 1/4 IPSCs both double and single action. Recoil was nil. The creme-blue finish seems very close to the original s, but I dont have one to compare side-by-side. The double action was very smooth and consistant and the single action breaks like a glass rod.

There were two points of concern. First, the cylinder release was very sticky to operate. It felt like the cylinder hadn't fully engaged it, and was somewhat difficult, at times, to open. The second, and more concerning, is that, while shooting double action, the cylinder seemed to hang up while rotating, and lock up. This only occurred with live ammunition, not empty or with A Zoom snap caps. I cleaned and lubricated it after firing to try again when the .357 ammunition arrives. Will report back after next session.
I remain completely jealous of those of you with the originals. PM if you want to sell me one at 1970s pricing. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

We can actually justify all of this. Protecting Mom.

In my case, feeding mom and living up to my moniker, first class brisket smoker. I briefly thought of doing a brisket in the oven with brisket smoke. Then got busy cleaning the grill and repenting for my heresy.

I used to have a patio cover. Harsh winds from a storm almost a year ago took my patio cover. So, my grill has been exposed to the elements.

Anyway, resolving those issues. I need to get a plan done to fix things today. Memorial Day is a few weeks away and I smoke brisket 3 times a year. Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day.

I do it the old-fashioned way. I have a Char-Griller grill with a side firebox.

1715561430558.jpeg

So, no problems fitting a 16 lb brisket though, these days, I stick with 9 and 10 lb for shorter cooking times. I once smoked a feral hog but I had to break its back to fit the two halves in there.

Anyway, and I am giving away all the secrets, I rub the brisket with Spice Hunter the night or day before I plan to cook so that it can sit in the fridge for abourt 12 - 24 hours.

1715561765284.jpeg

With an 8 - 10 brisket, I can smoke about 5 hours. 16 pounds would take 12 hours.

I start charcoal, preferring Kingsford Mesquite briquettes but I will use whatever is available. However, what is NOT negotiable is the cooking wood. I start charcoal with a chimney starter in the main chamber. Then, I pour the hot coals in the side firebox. And I put on quartered logs of mesquite wood, not pellets, I mean chunks of mesquite tree.

In the main chamber, I will have an aluminum bowl or pan and put some bottled water in that for some moisture in the main chamber. Otherwise, it is a dry rub smoke and barbecue sauce is served as a side.

Sometimes, I will steam corn on the cob.

Other times, I will be a lazy some gun and buy some store-bought potato salad.

As I have said before, my brisket can tempt the faith of a vegan. Which ticked off a vegan, once before.

Reactions: Grim's Reapers
Probably wrong thread. But here it is. My German shepherd has hip dysplasia pretty bad. He can walk and still get the ups guy. But it's getting bad. He won't make the summer. Great dog and I love him.

I am thinking about about an Anatolian Shepherd. Maybe it doesn't have the hip trouble. Educate me on the pros and cons.

And BTW, my other dog is a border Collie / blue heeler mix so I know all about keeping them active....

Shield plus performance center, new Sordins and if I can find one the DWX compact with a rail.

Probably wrong thread. But here it is. My German shepherd has hip dysplasia pretty bad. He can walk and still get the ups guy. But it's getting bad. He won't make the summer. Great dog and I love him.

I am thinking about about an Anatolian Shepherd. Maybe it doesn't have the hip trouble. Educate me on the pros and cons.
Very sorry to hear about your German Shepherd.

My Weimaraner was the same way towards the end.
I helped him get around, help him up when he went down.
Help him get up in the pickup, up steps, etc.

He lost control of bowel movements, but his eyes were bright and I was glad to do what I could for him.

He gave me his all for many years. Small payment for what he did for me.

So, I know what you are going through.

I also have a Border Collie and a Blue Heeler now.

Sorry I can't help you with Anatolian Shepard's.

Maybe take your question over to the Man's Best Friend thread.

A lot of knowledgeable people there.

Good luck!

Sandhills, thank-you for the kind words. My dog is special. As your dog was. This really sucks.

Reactions: sandhiller

My family has two Anatolian Sheperds, they are a very large breed. Put them to work early and train them to be around other dogs/animals/kids/people. They do a pretty good job protecting the farm from coyotes.

German shepherd we have is old, has arthritis issues. They make medicine for dogs that may help, the non opiate version I believe is cannabis based.

Reactions: sandhiller
Thanks, my vet has him on the strongest medication she can give. It sucks he can't walk up stairs. He can still walk up the cripple ramp.

Thanks, my vet has him on the strongest medication she can give. It sucks he can't walk up stairs. He can still walk up the cripple ramp.

That's a rough spot to be in watching a 4 legged buddy go through that.

I finally went on a exotic hunt in West Texas. It was fun, shot a good blackbuck. The rancher had an Anatolian puppy. Said he turned it loose at night to get the illegals.

I bought my wife an iron one year. She loved it and still has it