• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SoCal - 22LR Tac / Prec Rifle Match - 05/02/09

Timberwolf

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2003
Palmdale, CA
22LR Tactical / Precision Rifle Match
May 2, 2009

Or next monthly 22LR Tactical / Precision Rifle Match of the 2009 season at A Place to Shoot in Saugus, CA will be on Saturday, May 2, 2009.

Registration will officially begin at 1100 (however you can come earlier if you like) and the first stage will begin at 1200. The match should run until approximately 1700ish. There will be no formal zeroing stage during the match, however, targets will be set up at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards for zeroing purposes beginning at 1000, so you are welcome to come early, register for the match and spend the time getting in some last minute trigger and zero time.

This match is for 22LR only and is open to bolt action as well as semi auto rifles. Rifles should be equipped with optics (some targets are as small as 1/2”) and capable of shooting 1” or less at 50 yards. Targets will range in size from 1/2” to 6” or more and will be a combination of paper, reactive and steel. Ranges will vary from 25 yards up to 200 yards. Shooters should plan on a minimum of 100 rounds. **Also note that ammo will be restricted to ammunition with all lead bullets. Ammo with copper (plated) bullets will not be allowed. This is due to the potential fire hazard in some of the target areas. Target ammo such as Wolf Match Target is highly recommended.

The fee for the match will be $25.00 for early registration, $30.00 for match day walk-ons. Plaques will for awarded to the top three finishers. This is limited to 20 competitors so pre-registration is suggested to reserve a spot. As a note there has been a great deal of interest in these matches, therefore I would suggest notifying me of your interest sooner rather than later to insure you have a slot. If you want to register or have any questions either PM me through this forum or email me directly at [email protected]

Re: SoCal - 22LR Tac / Prec Rifle Match - 05/02/09

One I will be missing unfortunately.

Hi Timberwolf,

Can I come and observe the match? I've never seen this sort of match before and I have an interest in trying it. Is this a team or individual competition? Is there a .22LR handgun component to the competition? Thanks in advance!

Cheers/Chip

Hey Bill and Mark,
Took a while but here I am...and your my first post.
Had to mess with the display name, oh well
I'll be there, I have a 100% attendance record, can't screw with that.
This does not make me first, others have committed before me.
Mark, you must be going nuts, excuse the pun.
After a couple of weeks, I bet you will have seen all the military-shooting shows on TV, gone thru several DVD's, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
We will miss you on this one along with Wes and Alan.
Hmmm...I hope three other guys don't get sick.
I know, I'll say it for you Bill. "Good Lord".

Dennis,

I'll be there. Someone's got to give you a little competition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Timberwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">22LR Tactical / Precision Rifle Match
May 2, 2009
targets will be set up at 25, 50, 75 and 100 yards for zeroing purposes beginning at 1000,

**Also note that ammo will be restricted to ammunition with all lead bullets. Ammo with copper (plated) bullets will not be allowed. This is due to the potential fire hazard in some of the target areas. </div></div>

OK anyone have comeups for 22lr 100y zero to 1000y?

copper=fire????????? where did you get that?

That would be 10:00 am for dope which zero is 50yrds for me.
This is Southern California. It's the law. The range would lose their lease if a fire started because of ammo.
They have to have certain restrictions.
better than nothing.

Now that I think about it...
Why would anyone want to foul a barrel with copper.
22's like lead and a little Eley wax. LOL

Dennis,

I hope the light starts shining brighter pretty damn soon.
Best of luck to you in the match. Watch out for Henry and Joe.
And your right....I have watched more TV as of late than I can ever remember.

PS. Shoot your Anschutz.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperFlyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Bill and Mark,
Took a while but here I am...and your my first post.
Had to mess with the display name, oh well
I'll be there, I have a 100% attendance record, can't screw with that.
This does not make me first, others have committed before me.
Mark, you must be going nuts, excuse the pun.
After a couple of weeks, I bet you will have seen all the military-shooting shows on TV, gone thru several DVD's, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
We will miss you on this one along with Wes and Alan.
Hmmm...I hope three other guys don't get sick.
I know, I'll say it for you Bill. "Good Lord".

</div></div>

I going to switch scopes this weekend.
I'm going to put a Leupold VXIII 6.5 x 20 x40 EFR
on the old Ishmash.
I'm thinking this might make the paper stages a little easier.
That's the scope I used to shoot the nails in the boards.
Of course the glass was attached to my Annie.
One way or the other I will be a part of the shadowy forces
known as the bolt brotherhood.
Is Joe, Cameron, Deven, Randal coming.
Who's shooting this match, is YAOG going to observe just Henry and me shooting.

Can't make this one as I'll be at Willow Springs International Raceway all weekend. Make sure to give Bill a hard time for me
wink.gif

Flyer,

I'm hoping I'll be there to observe the game in preparation for the next round. I also hope to drag my kid brother along for the ride to observe this new (to me) game. He's the one who mentioned the SH .22 tactical matches and I kind of liked the idea but have never done anything like this. So one day at a local gun show I spied this unloved and unappreciated 10 year old never fired NIB 10/22T that nobody had an interest in and promptly walked right past it just like everyone else at the show. But something about the combination of cheap (relatively anyway) ammo, the opportunity to spend a day at the range with some other .22 nuts was irresistible so I called the guy and bought it. Anyway I'm just getting my first 10/22 working and hope to have it broke-in and ready in time for the next round. Maybe my brother will come along and play.

Cheers/Chip

Everyone just went silent...I don't think that's what they meant by the wind can really screw up a 22.
Hope everything's ok
I thought that you still shot another stage after that.

My crystal ball tells me zombies requiring headshots; intruders that are challenged by defenders hiding behind baracades; terrorists intent on doing no good and people holding others hostage and just some of the challenges that may be facing the rimfire wielders.

Getting close to kick off and I still don't have a real good list of who is coming - if you are coming and have not posted a definite "I'll be there" post it / PM me / or email me and tell me. I need a semi accurate list to get the targets made.

I promise not to crack too many jokes, make you climb over walls or under baracades or carry anything heavier that your woobie.

You are a good man. Greatly appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Timberwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I promise not to crack too many jokes, make you climb over walls or under baracades or carry anything heavier that your woobie. </div></div>

Just checked the weather for Saturday - well 22lr matches seem to stir the rain gods - yep Saturdays forecast is for showers in Santa CLarita (Palmdale as well). As always we'll be a go unless they close the road. Just bring your rain gear and spray some waterproofing on your woobies.

Grrr!

I'll be missing all the fun! I was just tapped to do BINGO setup for our H.S. booster club as the person who was signed up for this Saturday bailed. The bummer is that I was already signed up for the following Saturday's BINGO setup. Well hopefully next month.

Cheers/Chip

Geez, I'll say......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Timberwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BINGO instead of shooting . . . we need to talk </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Timberwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BINGO instead of shooting . . . we need to talk </div></div>

LOL! You guys don't have kids in high school with multiple hugely active parent groups. Here in South Pasadena we have a very small school district with over 50% of our housing being multi-unit homes (that's apartments for the non-real estate folks). Even with this huge handicap socioeconomically we have one of the top performing school districts in California and compare very well against cities like San Marino, La Canada etc. with mean incomes which are 300-400% of the mean income here in South Pasadena.

Well of course shooting is important to me, I grew up shooting since I was a kid (which some will say I never fully grew out of) and hope someday to have all of my kids shooting with me. My two boys are avid paint ball players and if I have to say so myself they are pretty good at sneaking around, flanking and eliminating the opposition while I support them by drawing fire. But my kid's educational opportunities are more important and our H.S. booster club's BINGO helps to pay for a lot of stuff our very poor school district cannot afford year in year out to the tune of about $200,000 a year. That's a lot of buses, art/music teachers and athletic equipment. Two years ago the H.S. booster club helped to pay for a multi-million dollar artificial track and multipurpose (track, football and soccer) field which is the best at a southern California high school and a new baseball field.

So yes BINGO before shooting does on the face of it sound nuts but I just keep telling myself it will all be over soon, only 7 more years...

Cheers/Chip

Your never finished, it's never over.
My son is in his thirty's and I'm still helping.
Helped him buy a house, now I'm working on it during the weekends.
My Daughter is graduating the Art Academy and I just spent two days
photographing her portfollio, plus all the projects the past 3-4 years.
You just have to make time for yourself.
"Just say no to bingo"
LOL

Hell I have a 13 year old who thinks my last name is Rockerfeller.....

Ditto on this:

You just have to make time for yourself.
"Just say no to bingo"

Dennis... Are you bringing the "Potato Stake"?

YAOG,

I know where you're coming from, but if you haven't realized it yet, if you keep volunteering, the organization will keep on taking and taking and taking....... until they feel entitled to your support. Believe me when I tell "I know".

You're the one that will have to say "WHEN" because they never will.

Make time for yourself.

YAOG

Don't have kids??? Hell I'm a Grandpa. I have two in their 20s and can tell you if you spoil them now by "being the involved parent" it will never end. Believe me . . . LOL - My nickname is First National Bank of Dad

Mark, the potato stake has been upgraded to tomato stake status.
not just your ordinary garden variety.
Going to try and get off early to do some zero work.
Just have a prepro meeting during lunch and I'm gone.
see you tomorrow.

Tomato Stake.............. Hmmmm. This is getting serious.

I guess I'll have to call DFrog and have him sacrifice some chickens on my behest.

I'll see you tomorrow.

We could all be in serious trouble now....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SuperFlyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark, the potato stake has been upgraded to tomato stake status.
not just your ordinary garden variety.
Going to try and get off early to do some zero work.
Just have a prepro meeting during lunch and I'm gone.
see you tomorrow. </div></div>

I just came in from doing my rain and wind dance - already the air is dense, the wind is blustering and the smell of rain is on the wind . . . the Wolf's lair will be awash in spring greetings . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Timberwolf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I just came in from doing my rain and wind dance - already the air is dense, the wind is blustering and the smell of rain is on the wind . . . the Wolf's lair will be awash in spring greetings . . . </div></div>

Oh happy day. Another rimfire match in the wind and rain. Move these to weekly and the drought is over.
whistle.gif