• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Soft Case

I have 2 Voodoos picked up at Sportsmans and I been using them for 8 years or so and still going strong. For several of those years I was training 2 days a week. With 2 firearms, ammo, range kit they can be stuffed full requiring some hard pulling on the zippers, still going strong. I paid around $50 each. I used them more than any other rifle case. They came with backpack system but never used it,

I also have 2 Eblerstock that I like but they do not carry the same amount of kit as the condor but can be backpacked. Broke a buckle and a slider and Eblerstock wanted to charge me $5 per buckle plus shipping, not very good customer care for spending over $500 with them. Went to Sportsmans and spent $5 for both. Not sure I will buy another.

I have several soft cases not sure who makes them but I believe Allen. they work just find for what they are.

I have a TAB too, its my main carry case for precision rifles.
Eberlestock gear is made in Vietnam

I recently went through this decision making process myself. As mentioned, you can certainly find some good quality nylon soft cases that are made in the USA. Cordura is pretty ubiquitous for a reason, it's tough and lasts forever. However, it just doesn't have any soul. I much prefer the look and character of heavy canvas bags and cases, they just get better with time. Plus, it is decidedly less "tactical" in appearance (which I like.)

So, in my spare time I decided to make one that would suit my needs. I ended up buying a few yards of heavy #8 canvas duck material. For reference, this is the same weight that is used on Klein tool bags.... about the heaviest material you can get and still be somewhat pliable. I also got some 1/4" thick sheets of closed cell polystyrene foam for padding. The case is two layers of heavy canvas with a layer of foam sandwiched in between. The only road block was getting it sewn together.

I ended up working with a very well-known mfg of shooting bags who happens to be right up the road from me. I worked with them on the design and the best way to get it all put together. The prototype ended up being really nice, and ALMOST exactly what I was trying to achieve. I'm ironing out some of the final details, and actually semi-interested in producing some more of these and selling them. Not that I'd ever hope to make much money on it, more a hobby than anything else. I just think the idea is really cool and there's a need out there.

I'll follow up with some pictures of the final product next week. I'd be interested to see if anyone else out there thinks it's a good idea and would consider ordering one.

Reactions: AMGtuned and Apnea
For anyone still looking.
Got an email a couple of days ago from J&G Sales, they've got the same bag I bought from OpticsPlanet in Coyote for almost half price: VISM Drag Bag Rifle Case, in either Black or OD, holds two rifles for $39.95. I love the one I bought, solid drag bag, plenty of storage space, will hold 2 scoped rifles with removable padding in between and internal straps to secure the rifles, has removable shoulder straps in extra compartment to carry as a ruck, or shoulder bag strap to carry as luggage, and a handle, zipper can be locked with a small padlock, also attached rain cover to protect the zipper if you are carrying it as a ruck. I paid full price back then, thought I'd give someone on a budget a chance to save a few bucks.

Reactions: Apnea
I'll follow up with some pictures of the final product next week. I'd be interested to see if anyone else out there thinks it's a good idea and would consider ordering one.

Please share the outcome, sounds like one of those ideas I would talk about doing but never be able to pull off by myself.

I was set on Armageddon Gear precision rifle case for $169 until I found out the cheapest shipping rate to cali was $80 so i got the Midwayusa drag bag for $80/free shipping. It's a pretty nice soft case with good padding and lots of space. I might still get the Armaggeddon case when they have their shipping prices figured out.

Please share the outcome, sounds like one of those ideas I would talk about doing but never be able to pull off by myself.
I’m interested too, post up pics when possible...

i took a chance and bought the Cabelas precision rifle case for $69, couldnt be more happy with it. give it a try if you dont like it send it back

I thought I would go ahead and put up some pictures of my first prototype. This is the one I created to figure out exactly what the finished product should be like. The next revision will have:
- wrap around carry handle and no shoulder strap
- wax canvas exterior
- 3/8 instead of 1/4 foam for more rigidity

I wanted to try and use a g-hook system to keep the cover flap closed, plastic fastex buckles are the obvious cheap functional choice, but pretty boring. The loops on the cover flap ended up being a little too long, and the g-hook just won't keep a strap tight by itself. At a bare minimum I'm going to add some tri glides below the hooks, adjustment length will only be semi-quick (should be fine.)

The weird seam on the bottom of the case will go away, that's just there because I'm an idiot and don't know anything about how to cut fabric. The next case will be the same shape but with a slightly different construction that will minimize the number of exposed/unfinished seams on the inside. The "tape" trim on the outside seams looks nice, but I am still on the fence. Might do away with that. The cover flap will also be a bit shorter, won't go all the way down the front of the case.

One of the other reasons I started on this project was that none of the soft cases I liked had enough depth to comfortably carry my chassis rifle with the side folding stock. And if they did, they were way too long. And way too complicated. If anyone else ever ends up wanting one, the beauty would be buyer-specified depth, height and length.

Y’all let me know what you think!

A60E8B5D-83A9-4B36-B2EB-79223040A17C.jpeg
C9ED9A9B-EE4E-4F94-B643-EBE2684CB0C8.jpeg
127D5FBA-73F8-474B-BD98-5AF20453ADA2.jpeg
52003ADC-388D-49B9-83D3-86EB40D1A655.jpeg

Last edited:
My SERT 42" TCC arrived today. Very impressed with the material and workmanship. It is very well built. Love all the rows of PALS webbing. Can really get my rifle tied down in the case. The exterior compartment is also lined with multiple PALS rows and has lots of room. I really like that you get 4 tie down straps instead of just two. I had looked at a lot of higher end cases. Wanted to stay with "Made in USA". The cases were nice. But were not really set up like I wanted. The SERT cases are made of American made materials. And I really don't mind where they are made. It's not China!
I can see why people recommend them. Their MOLLE pouches have the same quality. I will be getting more of their products.

Reactions: HELM and PusherX11
I thought I would go ahead and put up some pictures of my first prototype. This is the one I created to figure out exactly what the finished product should be like. The next revision will have:
- wrap around carry handle and no shoulder strap
- wax canvas exterior
- 3/8 instead of 1/4 foam for more rigidity

I wanted to try and use a g-hook system to keep the cover flap closed, plastic fastex buckles are the obvious cheap functional choice, but pretty boring. The loops on the cover flap ended up being a little too long, and the g-hook just won't keep a strap tight by itself. At a bare minimum I'm going to add some tri glides below the hooks, adjustment length will only be semi-quick (should be fine.)

The weird seam on the bottom of the case will go away, that's just there because I'm an idiot and don't know anything about how to cut fabric. The next case will be the same shape but with a slightly different construction that will minimize the number of exposed/unfinished seams on the inside. The "tape" trim on the outside seams looks nice, but I am still on the fence. Might do away with that. The cover flap will also be a bit shorter, won't go all the way down the front of the case.

One of the other reasons I started on this project was that none of the soft cases I liked had enough depth to comfortably carry my chassis rifle with the side folding stock. And if they did, they were way too long. And way too complicated. If anyone else ever ends up wanting one, the beauty would be buyer-specified depth, height and length.

Y’all let me know what you think!

View attachment 6952902View attachment 6952903View attachment 6952904View attachment 6952905

Add three to four pockets that get covered by the flap for 4-6 mags, suppressor, and maybe an ammo/data book.
Maybe measure out exact sizes so nothing is to lose for each item. Two pockets for mags that can hold 2/3 large magazines depending. Pocket just for the can, 9"x2" should cover just about everything. Then a much larger pocket for a ammo book and/or data book. If room permits, another pocket for ears/eyes/rangefinder, etc...
Better yet, scratch that. A second square bag, same materials, that matches the rifle bag with shoulder strap to carry all that.
I'd throw money at both bags. Keep the trim, finishes off the look. I'm all for a more conservative looking inconspicuous bag.

Last edited:
My SERT 42" TCC arrived today. Very impressed with the material and workmanship. It is very well built. Love all the rows of PALS webbing. Can really get my rifle tied down in the case. The exterior compartment is also lined with multiple PALS rows and has lots of room. I really like that you get 4 tie down straps instead of just two. I had looked at a lot of higher end cases. Wanted to stay with "Made in USA". The cases were nice. But were not really set up like I wanted. The SERT cases are made of American made materials. And I really don't mind where they are made. It's not China!
I can see why people recommend them. Their MOLLE pouches have the same quality. I will be getting more of their products.

Thanks @mgvince , I'm glad you like your new purchase. I know it's kinda hard to see what a product is like in the photos but I'm happy to hear that you're impressed with the overall product. I have a very simple philosophy and that is to only put out products that I never have to worry about warranty. In the 15 years that the TCC has been produced both under the previous sub-label and then SERT, I have seen less than 0.5% (1/2 percent) returns for warranty. Use and abuse it for many years to come my friend. In the meantime if you have any questions about your new TCC, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thanks a mil for the support. It is greatly appreciated.