• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soft cases

chi804

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2020
Virginia
I wanted to see what the hide had to recommends on soft rifle bags for scoped bolt actions. I'm looking for a bag for my b-14 hmr in 6.5CM. Looking for a 50" so the bag has enough room for when the rifle has the suppressor attached.

I wanted to see what the hide had to recommends on soft rifle bags for scoped bolt actions. I'm looking for a bag for my b-14 hmr in 6.5CM. Looking for a 50" so the bag has enough room for when the rifle has the suppressor attached.
TacOPS or Eberlestock

Reactions: plong
I use Armageddon Gear, I have found them to be the best. Nice, Light, Streamlined, and made in USA

Eberlestock makes a nice bag, but it's big, heavy, and not us made

This is by far my favorite way to transport my rifles to the range. For long road trips I use a Pelican 1750

Reactions: chi804

try these guys out

built like a absolute tank, real materials 2,3,4x stitching

was able to get a few custom straps added

consistently have my vudoo and AIAX in the same bag, must be 40-50 pounds of rifles and scopes

of course its a tight fit but ammo, tool pouch and any other thing i can fit inside or strap on

doesnt even look like its used

i truthfully dont think i will need another bag because this one will not wear out

Reactions: 07SGT4623 and KZP
Eberlestock drag bag or if you want really fancy air armor tech long gun cases.

Armageddon Gear- best and toughest I've seen
Gallati
Varusteleka
Costco

I own the 46, and fits my two 24" barreled actions with no muzzle device just barely.
If I did it again, I would get the 53.

Reactions: giumau1
Anybody here use the Cadex Drag Bag? I read it's 6.8lb, seems quite heavy for just a bag itself. Tried searching for info, couldn't find much on what it was like on the inside.

Attachments

• baf.jpg
    baf.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 88
I have been using the Voodoo ultimate drag bag for about 10 years. Lots of external storage, padded divided interior for two rifles and a cleaning rod pouch and the shoulder straps are very well made and comfortable.

I have one of these and it’s built like a tank. I use it for my AR and my B14r. It will hold my AI with the stock folded. If it works with your needs, they are very well made and reasonably priced.

I realize we aren't dropping rifle cases like a suit case when you get to your hotel room after driving 36 hours, but carrying a rifle upside down bugs me. Don't like that design one bit.

I realize we aren't dropping rifle cases like a suit case when you get to your hotel room after driving 36 hours, but carrying a rifle upside down bugs me. Don't like that design one bit.

are you saying a rifle can’t handle being upside down? You aren’t laying it down on that side. It sits in on the side of case. I guess we should be shipping all of our rifle rifles with a this side up sign. Thanks for the info

are you saying a rifle can’t handle being upside down? You aren’t laying it down on that side. It sits in on the side of case. I guess we should be shipping all of our rifle rifles with a this side up sign. Thanks for the info
I mean, the optic is placed under the rifle itself. So if it was dropped from any distance, the weight of a 15-20lb rifle is going to be acting onto the rings and scope body upon impact, inside the bag. I'd rather have the scope up, like almost every other drag bag/rifle bag out there.

Triad Tactical, Armageddon Gear and the GA Precision soft case are what I have. I went way down the rabbit hole with soft cases a while back and ended up with all 3. The Triad tactical case is my favorite but the GA Precision case is hard to beat for the price. The GA case is made by Armageddon Gear and the quality shows. All three are long, 58 inches. Long enough for a rifle with a suppressor

I know this thread is more or less done since you've purchased one but I wanted to throw this out there too for others. I have one of the Cabela's "Long range rifle case". Maybe not as long as you wanted, but fits my needs/wants well. I use mine for my 338LM RPR or my 6.5CM RPR. I don't have my brakes on either rifle and normally put on their suppressors when I shoot. The case is 53" long which will just hold the 338 and of course the 6.5 fits with room to spare. Their suppressors will fit in the side pocket. I direct thread and it only takes a minute to thread on/off.

I'm really impressed with this case. Didn't know what to expect from Cabela's when I ordered this but it's exceeded my expectations big time. Heavily padded, tie down straps, shoulder strap really makes it easy carrying the 338. Very heavy duty. Surprisingly, and the best part about it is it's only $70. Only have one right now but have another on order. Just another option to consider sometime.

Attachments

• soft case.jpg
    soft case.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 280
Reactions: buggz
I own both the Triad Tactical
And the Armageddon

Both awesome cases!

I'm a big fan of my First-Spear Rifle Wrap. I would love to get a second one for those 2-rifle range days.

I also have the Midway USA Sniper Drag Bag, which is built like a tank and a good, affordable option, but it is a pain in the ass to get 2 rifles in it. I usually have to remove the bipods and bolts which I just throw in the pockets.

The rifle wrap is the first "bag" I grab and if I am taking a 2nd rifle it goes in the Midway bag as a solo.

T

I'm a big fan of my First-Spear Rifle Wrap. I would love to get a second one for those 2-rifle range days.

I’m sold !🤠

FFF9149F-BDA5-4683-ABEA-6CD89654EA2A.jpeg

I'm not going to lie, that was a factor in my decision. Also, First-Spear is located about 10min from my house so I was able to get my hand on the rifle wrap before I bought it. I can use it for all of my rifles from my AIAX w/ 24" barrels to me AR pistol with 10.5" barrel.

T

Reactions: Holliday
I have 2 from AIM Sports. These babies are built like tanks. Kinda pricy, especially shipping because they come from GB, but at the time, I couldn't find what I liked here that wasn't sold out with all the panic buying. In any case, I'm very happy with them. Well made, well padded. My son will inherit them, and probably not wear them out.

I have the 40, in OD Green and the 55 in Multicam.

Last edited:
I know this thread is more or less done since you've purchased one but I wanted to throw this out there too for others. I have one of the Cabela's "Long range rifle case". Maybe not as long as you wanted, but fits my needs/wants well. I use mine for my 338LM RPR or my 6.5CM RPR. I don't have my brakes on either rifle and normally put on their suppressors when I shoot. The case is 53" long which will just hold the 338 and of course the 6.5 fits with room to spare. Their suppressors will fit in the side pocket. I direct thread and it only takes a minute to thread on/off.

I'm really impressed with this case. Didn't know what to expect from Cabela's when I ordered this but it's exceeded my expectations big time. Heavily padded, tie down straps, shoulder strap really makes it easy carrying the 338. Very heavy duty. Surprisingly, and the best part about it is it's only $70. Only have one right now but have another on order. Just another option to consider sometime.
I was really close to getting the cabelas bag but I wanted it made in the USA. Great bag for the money for sure.

Last edited:
Understand completely...no argument here. After I hit the button I realized that I hadn't put the china thing in, but too lazy to go back and add it! Really my only complaint on the case.

Got the Armageddon precision rifle bag coming within the next day or so. I like the simplicity of it as I don’t need nor want a full drag bag and I’m sick of hauling the ole hard case everywhere. I’ll post my initial impressions once it arrives.

Reactions: Holliday
Got the Armageddon precision rifle bag coming within the next day or so. I like the simplicity of it as I don’t need nor want a full drag bag and I’m sick of hauling the ole hard case everywhere. I’ll post my initial impressions once it arrives.
That was my issue. I didn’t want to drag the hardcase to the range every weekend.

That was my issue. I didn’t want to drag the hardcase to the range every weekend.
It’s a PIA lugging that bitch around. I’ll try to update with some pics once I get the Armageddon case in hand but it checked all the boxes. Price seemed very conservative to me for what it is and being USA made and it looks like it has plenty of storage for what I’m doing.

It’s a PIA lugging that bitch around. I’ll try to update with some pics once I get the Armageddon case in hand but it checked all the boxes. Price seemed very conservative to me for what it is and being USA made and it looks like it has plenty of storage for what I’m doing.
It’s a quality bag and the shipping to me(VA) was fast. 2 days? I think they’re located in GA so that’s probably why.

Love mine. Got the 58 So I can leave the ultra 9 on....

I also have the Midway USA Sniper Drag Bag, which is built like a tank and a good, affordable option, but it is a pain in the ass to get 2 rifles in it. I usually have to remove the bipods and bolts which I just throw in the pockets.

The rifle wrap is the first "bag" I grab and if I am taking a 2nd rifle it goes in the Midway bag as a solo.

T

Midway bag for me. Agreed that two long guns with their big scopes are tough

I use Armageddon Gear, I have found them to be the best. Nice, Light, Streamlined, and made in USA

Eberlestock makes a nice bag, but it's big, heavy, and not us made
I have the Armageddon Gear" is not backpackable and in hindsight would have been nice to have, it does have a shoulder strap but again, in hindsight...

I have the Armageddon Gear" is not backpackable and in hindsight would have been nice to have, it does have a shoulder strap but again, in hindsight...
Armageddon gear just released their mk22 bag that does have backpack straps.

For soft cases I like the Triad Tac. Not cheap, but very well made and nice feature set. Also, for a bit less dollars but still decent quality, the Shoot-Long cases are nice. But only one size and its lllooonnnggg.

Anyone have any experience with the Eberlestock Sidewinder rifle case..? https://eberlestock.com/collections/shooting/products/sidewinder-rifle-shotgun-case

I just ordered one to go along with an UpRanger pack...

I currently have the Bulldog BDT 54" rifle bag https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00208bdt8054b/54inch-long-range-rifle-case-black (which is the exact same as the Cabela's one mentioned earlier, just with different branding) but the loops are starting to separate and rip off the bag from shoulder carry and it's only really used for going from my house to the truck, and only had it for ~3-4 months (22-23lb rifle though). Before it started coming apart I'd already noticed that the split D-rings used are kind of crap and could be the cause of dropping one's rig sooner or later. I'd emailed Bulldog, and keep forgetting to send them a pic and a copy of the receipt, they said they have a 1 year warranty and will repair or replace it which is cool. I think for "normal use" it's honestly a really good bag and a good buy for ~$70, but for someone with a heavy rifle who hits the range a lot, I'd recommend something more stout.

I have one of those giant Pelican V800's but that's for long trips where the gun might end up in the bed of the truck or getting knocked around with other gear... I don't think sane people use their hard cases for regular range trips unless they just like things to be overly difficult and don't mind crashing into shit with them.

I've heard good things about the Creedmoor Sports "deluxe" bag (https://www.creedmoorsports.com/pro...eluxe-55-inch-or-60-inch-rifle-case/creedmoor), and for simplicity, the basic GAP/Armageddon bag available from GAP (https://www.gaprecision.net/ga-store/nylon/g-a-precision-range-bag.html), and will probably try one of those if the Eberlestock doesn't work out...

Last edited:
I have 2 of the Bulldog Tactical long range cases. Heavily padded, good construction and durable. I think they were $79 at Sportsman's Warehouse.

I bought a cool one off of Amazon... About $65 after tax. Seems pretty high quality. It's a 38" 2-rifle padded soft case. My 24" 6.5 Grendel with the DA KeyMount Brake on it, fits perfectly when broken-down into 2 separate pieces. So I can carry both it and another AR in it. My 16" .300 BLK with a DA KeyMount Brake on it fits perfect in it completely assembled. I like I can carry 2 AR's in the same case. Probably going to get another one soon to carry 2 more with me to the range. And probably going to order a 50" version, too to make it easy to carry my bolt-actions with me, and keep them somewhat protected from scratches and bumps.

For posterity if anyone comes across this thread looking for a soft case...

Credit where credit is due:

I mentioned earlier in the thread I had a Bulldog/BDT 54" soft case (same as the Cabela's case) that was starting to fall apart...

Well, emailed them, they got back to me the next day and asked for a pic of the problem and a copy of the receipt/proof of purchase. 2 days ago I emailed them a copy of my receipt and this:

tempImageTaCPcm.png

...and this showed up today and it's not even noon:

tempImageeGVjAv.png

Looks like my new fancy Eberlestock case will have a lot to live up to (if it ever gets here)... (y)