Soft cases

chi804

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2020
Virginia
I wanted to see what the hide had to recommends on soft rifle bags for scoped bolt actions. I'm looking for a bag for my b-14 hmr in 6.5CM. Looking for a 50" so the bag has enough room for when the rifle has the suppressor attached.

Nik H

Constantly Learning
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2014
    Small town New England
    I wanted to see what the hide had to recommends on soft rifle bags for scoped bolt actions. I'm looking for a bag for my b-14 hmr in 6.5CM. Looking for a 50" so the bag has enough room for when the rifle has the suppressor attached.
    TacOPS or Eberlestock

Reactions: plong

aard3

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 23, 2011
    Louisiana
    I use Armageddon Gear, I have found them to be the best. Nice, Light, Streamlined, and made in USA

Eberlestock makes a nice bag, but it's big, heavy, and not us made

JLP.Payette

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jun 14, 2018

This is by far my favorite way to transport my rifles to the range. For long road trips I use a Pelican 1750

Reactions: chi804

brianf

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 8, 2010
    NY

try these guys out

built like a absolute tank, real materials 2,3,4x stitching

was able to get a few custom straps added

consistently have my vudoo and AIAX in the same bag, must be 40-50 pounds of rifles and scopes

of course its a tight fit but ammo, tool pouch and any other thing i can fit inside or strap on

doesnt even look like its used

i truthfully dont think i will need another bag because this one will not wear out

Reactions: 07SGT4623 and KZP

PDXGS

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    May 31, 2009
    Northwest Oregon
    Armageddon Gear- best and toughest I've seen
    Gallati
    Varusteleka
    Costco

loveha

SGT DGAF
    Minuteman
  • Jul 31, 2018
    NW Lower Michigan

I own the 46, and fits my two 24" barreled actions with no muzzle device just barely.
    If I did it again, I would get the 53.

Reactions: giumau1

kermit the monster

Private
    Minuteman
    May 12, 2020
    Anybody here use the Cadex Drag Bag? I read it's 6.8lb, seems quite heavy for just a bag itself. Tried searching for info, couldn't find much on what it was like on the inside.

Attachments

• baf.jpg
      baf.jpg
      34.2 KB · Views: 6

XLR308

Old Salt
    Minuteman
  • Mar 22, 2018
    Grand Junction, Colorado
    I have been using the Voodoo ultimate drag bag for about 10 years. Lots of external storage, padded divided interior for two rifles and a cleaning rod pouch and the shoulder straps are very well made and comfortable.

Doctorwho1138

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 13, 2010
    Atlanta, GA

I have one of these and it’s built like a tank. I use it for my AR and my B14r. It will hold my AI with the stock folded. If it works with your needs, they are very well made and reasonably priced.

loveha

SGT DGAF
    Minuteman
  • Jul 31, 2018
    NW Lower Michigan
    I realize we aren't dropping rifle cases like a suit case when you get to your hotel room after driving 36 hours, but carrying a rifle upside down bugs me. Don't like that design one bit.

Doctorwho1138

Private
    Minuteman
    Nov 13, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I realize we aren't dropping rifle cases like a suit case when you get to your hotel room after driving 36 hours, but carrying a rifle upside down bugs me. Don't like that design one bit.

are you saying a rifle can’t handle being upside down? You aren’t laying it down on that side. It sits in on the side of case. I guess we should be shipping all of our rifle rifles with a this side up sign. Thanks for the info

kermit the monster

Private
    Minuteman
    May 12, 2020
    are you saying a rifle can’t handle being upside down? You aren’t laying it down on that side. It sits in on the side of case. I guess we should be shipping all of our rifle rifles with a this side up sign. Thanks for the info
    I mean, the optic is placed under the rifle itself. So if it was dropped from any distance, the weight of a 15-20lb rifle is going to be acting onto the rings and scope body upon impact, inside the bag. I'd rather have the scope up, like almost every other drag bag/rifle bag out there.

Rebelirons

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 16, 2017
    North Bay Area
    Triad Tactical, Armageddon Gear and the GA Precision soft case are what I have. I went way down the rabbit hole with soft cases a while back and ended up with all 3. The Triad tactical case is my favorite but the GA Precision case is hard to beat for the price. The GA case is made by Armageddon Gear and the quality shows. All three are long, 58 inches. Long enough for a rifle with a suppressor

coyotewillie

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 5, 2005
    NE
    I know this thread is more or less done since you've purchased one but I wanted to throw this out there too for others. I have one of the Cabela's "Long range rifle case". Maybe not as long as you wanted, but fits my needs/wants well. I use mine for my 338LM RPR or my 6.5CM RPR. I don't have my brakes on either rifle and normally put on their suppressors when I shoot. The case is 53" long which will just hold the 338 and of course the 6.5 fits with room to spare. Their suppressors will fit in the side pocket. I direct thread and it only takes a minute to thread on/off.

I'm really impressed with this case. Didn't know what to expect from Cabela's when I ordered this but it's exceeded my expectations big time. Heavily padded, tie down straps, shoulder strap really makes it easy carrying the 338. Very heavy duty. Surprisingly, and the best part about it is it's only $70. Only have one right now but have another on order. Just another option to consider sometime.

Attachments

• soft case.jpg
      soft case.jpg
      110.4 KB · Views: 13
    Reactions: buggz

Max

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
  • I own both the Triad Tactical
    And the Armageddon

Both awesome cases!

chzhd

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Oct 29, 2018
    Mo
    I'm a big fan of my First-Spear Rifle Wrap. I would love to get a second one for those 2-rifle range days.

I also have the Midway USA Sniper Drag Bag, which is built like a tank and a good, affordable option, but it is a pain in the ass to get 2 rifles in it. I usually have to remove the bipods and bolts which I just throw in the pockets.

The rifle wrap is the first "bag" I grab and if I am taking a 2nd rifle it goes in the Midway bag as a solo.

T

Max

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
  • I'm a big fan of my First-Spear Rifle Wrap. I would love to get a second one for those 2-rifle range days.

I’m sold !🤠

FFF9149F-BDA5-4683-ABEA-6CD89654EA2A.jpeg

chzhd

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Oct 29, 2018
    Mo
    I'm not going to lie, that was a factor in my decision. Also, First-Spear is located about 10min from my house so I was able to get my hand on the rifle wrap before I bought it. I can use it for all of my rifles from my AIAX w/ 24" barrels to me AR pistol with 10.5" barrel.

T

Reactions: Max

Daddyusmaximus

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    May 3, 2020
    I have 2 from AIM Sports. These babies are built like tanks. Kinda pricy, especially shipping because they come from GB, but at the time, I couldn't find what I liked here that wasn't sold out with all the panic buying. In any case, I'm very happy with them. Well made, well padded. My son will inherit them, and probably not wear them out.

I have the 40, in OD Green and the 55 in Multicam.

Last edited:

chi804

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 8, 2020
    Virginia
    I know this thread is more or less done since you've purchased one but I wanted to throw this out there too for others. I have one of the Cabela's "Long range rifle case". Maybe not as long as you wanted, but fits my needs/wants well. I use mine for my 338LM RPR or my 6.5CM RPR. I don't have my brakes on either rifle and normally put on their suppressors when I shoot. The case is 53" long which will just hold the 338 and of course the 6.5 fits with room to spare. Their suppressors will fit in the side pocket. I direct thread and it only takes a minute to thread on/off.

I'm really impressed with this case. Didn't know what to expect from Cabela's when I ordered this but it's exceeded my expectations big time. Heavily padded, tie down straps, shoulder strap really makes it easy carrying the 338. Very heavy duty. Surprisingly, and the best part about it is it's only $70. Only have one right now but have another on order. Just another option to consider sometime.
    I was really close to getting the cabelas bag but I wanted it made in the USA. Great bag for the money for sure.

Last edited:

coyotewillie

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 5, 2005
    NE
    Understand completely...no argument here. After I hit the button I realized that I hadn't put the china thing in, but too lazy to go back and add it! Really my only complaint on the case.

Mudflap621

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Sep 7, 2020
    Got the Armageddon precision rifle bag coming within the next day or so. I like the simplicity of it as I don’t need nor want a full drag bag and I’m sick of hauling the ole hard case everywhere. I’ll post my initial impressions once it arrives.

Reactions: Max

chi804

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 8, 2020
    Virginia
    Got the Armageddon precision rifle bag coming within the next day or so. I like the simplicity of it as I don’t need nor want a full drag bag and I’m sick of hauling the ole hard case everywhere. I’ll post my initial impressions once it arrives.
    That was my issue. I didn’t want to drag the hardcase to the range every weekend.

Mudflap621

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Sep 7, 2020
    That was my issue. I didn’t want to drag the hardcase to the range every weekend.
    It’s a PIA lugging that bitch around. I’ll try to update with some pics once I get the Armageddon case in hand but it checked all the boxes. Price seemed very conservative to me for what it is and being USA made and it looks like it has plenty of storage for what I’m doing.

chi804

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 8, 2020
    Virginia
    It’s a PIA lugging that bitch around. I’ll try to update with some pics once I get the Armageddon case in hand but it checked all the boxes. Price seemed very conservative to me for what it is and being USA made and it looks like it has plenty of storage for what I’m doing.
    It’s a quality bag and the shipping to me(VA) was fast. 2 days? I think they’re located in GA so that’s probably why.

Sogan

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jun 11, 2013
    I'm a big fan of my First-Spear Rifle Wrap. I would love to get a second one for those 2-rifle range days.

I also have the Midway USA Sniper Drag Bag, which is built like a tank and a good, affordable option, but it is a pain in the ass to get 2 rifles in it. I usually have to remove the bipods and bolts which I just throw in the pockets.

The rifle wrap is the first "bag" I grab and if I am taking a 2nd rifle it goes in the Midway bag as a solo.

T

Midway bag for me. Agreed that two long guns with their big scopes are tough