• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soft Rifle Case

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 10, 2017
    I know the Armageddon Gear M2010 is considered the best for a soft case that also fits well inside of a Pelican hard case and I am leaning heavily towards getting one, but what else should one consider? I don't want to drag the Pelican case every time I go to the range so I'd like a soft bag that still provides decent protection for the rifle and glass when I am not traveling by air or in a loaded down vehicle with the Pelican. The Air Armor cases look stout but at $550 that's a little ridiculous. The drag bags from Kifaru and TacOps are also nice but they scream rifle case. My longest setup is the AI with a 24" barrel and 7" can so 49-50" would work without collapsing the rifle.

The drag bags from Kifaru and TacOps are also nice but they scream rifle case.
    Will you be openingly toting it thru the mall or down main street?

I use a LaRue soft drag bag that will fit inside a Pelican 1750.
    DSCN2311 copy.JPG
    DSCN2457 copy.JPG

Reactions: tex68w
    No but I don't like to draw attention to myself or what I have regardless.

I’ve traded all of my hard cases and savior cases in for Bald Eagle cases. Got mine for $35 each. Still have one hard case, but for range trips I just don’t need a giant case.

I learned while I was doing target archery, which can be just as expensive as your average $3-4k rifle. That hard cases are cumbersome and inconvenient. In my opinion/experience.
    I will always take a soft case over a hard case any day. I can't think of any one instance where I would take a hard case except for flying. Toss it in the trunk, or strap it to my quad, I am not worried in the slightest. If a high end target bow can hold POA/POI in a soft case inside of a car, then there is no reason a high end rifle can't.

I have the 46" SERT case which does 24" barrels with no extra room. Holds eye/ear pro, range finder, ammo binder, rear bag, bipod, and small tools perfectly. I also love the built in pouch for my can. I am looking to pick up a 42" SERT carbine case in a few months to replace my cheaper no name case.

Yes the SERT says I am a rifle when you look at it, but so does a hard case to those that know what they are looking at, and a thief is going to take interest in it either way regardless they know what may be in it. A honest gun nut is probably not going to give it a second thought. Like mentioned, as long as you aren't planning to leave it on display for all to see and carry it in odd locations. What are you worried about? Keep it out of sight, and locked in the trunk or covered up in the cab of a truck.

Reactions: TwistedOneinSeven
    I like the SERT, it seems to have more going for it than the rather simple AG M2010, I just wish that it were 50" long.

*EDIT* - It appears they have a 53" model now.

I like the SERT, it seems to have more going for it than the rather simple AG M2010, I just wish that it were 50" long.

*EDIT* - It appears they have a 53" model now.
    They do lol, that is the one I responded with first. I was just to busy at the time with Easter to write anything else.

Reactions: tex68w
    I know the Armageddon Gear M2010 is considered the best for a soft case that also fits well inside of a Pelican hard case and I am leaning heavily towards getting one, but what else should one consider? I don't want to drag the Pelican case every time I go to the range so I'd like a soft bag that still provides decent protection for the rifle and glass when I am not traveling by air or in a loaded down vehicle with the Pelican. The Air Armor cases look stout but at $550 that's a little ridiculous. The drag bags from Kifaru and TacOps are also nice but they scream rifle case. My longest setup is the AI with a 24" barrel and 7" can so 49-50" would work without collapsing the rifle.
    I have two of these ... they're awesome. Perfect size and padding for a long-ish precision rifle.

1617636327765.png