• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories *SOLD* - NSW Hunker 1 Tents By Mountain Hardwear - New In Wrap

EdO

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2008
Louisiana, SRVN
A couple of surgeries means I won't be using these . . . .

From the SKD site:

IMG_1386.JPG

"This product was developed for Naval Special Warfare sniper/observer teams, and has never been available previously to the public in its original military Coyote color. Like most premium outdoor brands, Mountain Hardwear has on occasion produced specialty products for the Special Operations community in limited quantities that are not offered to the public. Also like most premium outdoor brands, the vast majority of Mountain Hardwear products are made overseas in large factories to leverage a wide range of commercial materials and achieve economies in manufacturing. Due to the fact that our military Special Operations units require Made-in-USA products to comply with the Berry Amendment (if you don't know what this is, Google it), often these special not-for-public items become even more exclusive by the fact that they are actually MADE HERE.
  • Style Name: Hunker 1
  • Style Number: OU9576
  • Capacity: 1 Person
  • Category: 4-Season Expedition
  • Minimum Weight: 4 lbs. 15 oz.
  • Stuffed Size: 23" x 7"
  • Floor Dimensions: 91.5" x 48"
  • Peak Interior Height: 28.5"
  • Floor Area: 24 sq ft
  • Vestibule Area: 15 sq ft
This tent does not come with assembly instructions because NSW did not request any. If you are at all familiar with modern tent set-up you are good to go. If you are not, just ask a friend who camps and you'll be amazed at how simple it is "

See it here: https://www.skdtac.com/Mountain-Hardwear-Hunker-4-Season-Tent-p/mhw.350.htm

And here: https://www.kitfoxoutfitters.com/blogs/news/winter-camping-2-mountain-hardwaer-hunker-4-season-tent

There are Youtube videos as well.

These have been kept in my climate controlled storage room at home. They are unused and in the original wrap with tags.
20200202_070935.jpg

20200202_033429.jpg

Same price as SKD close-out at $489.00 each + USPS actual as buyer requests.
Payment by USPMO, Bank money order or personal check. Checks must clear before shipping.
Can meet if you are in central Louisiana.

One (1) left - Please post "I'll take it" and PM your contact info. Thanks, Ed

p.s. I've been here since 08, mostly learning / seldom posting. I have bought and sold here under the old rules and have now upgraded my account to clear out the gear that I won't be using.

Last edited:
I don't have the bandwidth to watch the video, and can't find in the discription or link if it comes with a rain fly or not?

I don't have the bandwidth to watch the video, and can't find in the discription or link if it comes with a rain fly or not?

Hi, I watched the videos and these look like single wall tents that do not need a rain fly. What is not clear is if the material has some vapor permeability like Gore-tex and if the seams come pre-sealed. Great looking design for sure.

Rasyad

Reactions: Alpine 338
Just found this on the web - discussing this same tent and showing the seams as taped:

IMG_1408.PNG
L

Thanks Jeff !

Gentlemen,
Two members have posted to buy and another should confirm tomorrow. If someone wants to claim the last one, then please post here. I will update here if any changes.

Thanks, Ed

Reactions: Jeff_Johnson
Also very much looking for one of these... anybody that can point me in the right direction? Would be much appreciated!

Nobody that has one / knows of someone who has one? I would be very grateful.

From the SKD site:

View attachment 7239041
"This product was developed for Naval Special Warfare sniper/observer teams, and has never been available previously to the public in its original military Coyote color. Like most premium outdoor brands, Mountain Hardwear has on occasion produced specialty products for the Special Operations community in limited quantities that are not offered to the public. Also like most premium outdoor brands, the vast majority of Mountain Hardwear products are made overseas in large factories to leverage a wide range of commercial materials and achieve economies in manufacturing. Due to the fact that our military Special Operations units require Made-in-USA products to comply with the Berry Amendment (if you don't know what this is, Google it), often these special not-for-public items become even more exclusive by the fact that they are actually MADE HERE.
This tent does not come with assembly instructions because NSW did not request any. If you are at all familiar with modern tent set-up you are good to go. If you are not, just ask a friend who camps and you'll be amazed at how simple it is "

See it here: https://www.skdtac.com/Mountain-Hardwear-Hunker-4-Season-Tent-p/mhw.350.htm

And here: https://www.kitfoxoutfitters.com/blogs/news/winter-camping-2-mountain-hardwaer-hunker-4-season-tent

These have been kept in my climate controlled storage room at home. They are unused and in the original wrap with tags.
View attachment 7239107

View attachment 7239087

Payment by USPMO, Bank money order or personal check. Checks must clear before shipping.

p.s. I've been here since 08, mostly learning / seldom posting. I have bought and sold here under the old rules and have now upgraded my account to clear out the gear that I won't be using.

From the SKD site:

View attachment 7239041

View attachment 7239107

View attachment 7239087

Hey Ed, I’m very interested in on of these mountain Hardware hunker 1 assault tents. Maybe you got one more that I can buy.

Gentlemen,

Sorry to say that I have none left and have no idea about how to get more . . . Cheers !