• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some barrel stamp ID help on REM 40X custom

medbill

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2003
www.america4rmarines.org
Hi Guys,

Good friends father is a big time competitive shooter and is now 89 and can no longer shoot. He is asking me to help him sell one of his most recent purchases and before I list it I want to make sure I do the best job I can for him. He's a WW2 Pacific Army Vet and just a great guy. I need help id'ing these barrel stamps and hopefully figure out who made the barrel that is on it. He told me it is a VERY accurate rifle and it has very few rounds down the tube.

Thanks for any help,

Billy
IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

Re: Some barrel stamp ID help on REM 40X custom

If it helps any Mo Dafina Master Class Shooters sold him the rifle. I'll give them a call next week but was hoping someone might recognize some of these proof marks.

Billylo right side markings are consistent with any Remington barrel, magnaflux mark, Remington proof mark and test stamp. As for the left side markings, it should be month, year and assemblers marks, but it is 40x so the custom shop may be allowed to mark the rifles they assemble their own w

The letters "AH" stand for March - 1987

"8 TWIST" signifies a rifling of 1:8 Inches