• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some LWRC issues.

db_17_85

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 14, 2010
NW North Dakota
Howdy,

So here's what's going on... A while back I got the chance to try out my buddies 16" REPR. I put my Mk 4 on it just to see what she could do. And...WOW. That thing was very accurate (.5" groups) and all of this is after 2k rounds without cleaning! More accurate than my DPMS SASS (.75" groups). So I sold off my SASS and grabbed a nice new 20" REPR. Thing is absolutely beautiful! I mount me SS 5-25 (Thanks SWFA and Lowlight), Miculek brake, and hydraulic buffer and hit the range. Recoil is the smoothest I have ever felt...but the groups are not looking good. I tried FGMM 175's, BH 175's, Hornady 168 A-Max...nothing is grouping. I go home all frustrated and decide to swap it to my Mk 4. Go out the next week and she does the exact same. Not pleased. I'm going to be sending her back to LWRC for them to figure out. But...now it's got me thinking... I'm starting to look hard at the small frame game. I keep comparing ballistics on the 75-77gr 5.56, the 123gr 6.5G and the 175gr 7.62's out to 1k. I love the ole 7.62, but some of these "newer" bullets are performing VERY well out there. Decisions decisions... Anyhow, I let you guys know how LWRC handles it. I expect they will be great to deal with. Oh, and this is by NO means a bash on LWRC. Every company has a the occasional error. Every other LWRC I've shot (about 10) has been excellent. Just my luck!

Disclaimer: I'm a couple drinks in and my grammar may not be wonderful at the moment.

Re: Some LWRC issues.

I'm new here (note the extraordinarily high post count) but I'm very interested in hearing how this works out for you since I'm currently comparing the LWRC REPR and the POF P308 for my own purchase. The roughly $500 price differential has me leaning towards the P308, especially every time I see KillShot's sig photo, but the fact that LWRC is in Maryland and I live in VA and work in MD has me wondering if buying locally might not have some advantages.

Out of curiosity what range did you shoot your buddy's 16" REPR at and what range did you shoot your 20" REPR at, and what rounds did you use in it? Were conditions of the two different shoots relatively the same?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: db_17_85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Howdy,

So here's what's going on... A while back I got the chance to try out my buddies 16" REPR. I put my Mk 4 on it just to see what she could do. And...WOW. That thing was very accurate (.5" groups) and all of this is after 2k rounds without cleaning! More accurate than my DPMS SASS (.75" groups). So I sold off my SASS and grabbed a nice new 20" REPR. Thing is absolutely beautiful! I mount me SS 5-25 (Thanks SWFA and Lowlight), Miculek brake, and hydraulic buffer and hit the range. Recoil is the smoothest I have ever felt...but the groups are not looking good. I tried FGMM 175's, BH 175's, Hornady 168 A-Max...nothing is grouping. I go home all frustrated and decide to swap it to my Mk 4. Go out the next week and she does the exact same. Not pleased. I'm going to be sending her back to LWRC for them to figure out. But...now it's got me thinking... I'm starting to look hard at the small frame game. I keep comparing ballistics on the 75-77gr 5.56, the 123gr 6.5G and the 175gr 7.62's out to 1k. I love the ole 7.62, but some of these "newer" bullets are performing VERY well out there. Decisions decisions... Anyhow, I let you guys know how LWRC handles it. I expect they will be great to deal with. Oh, and this is by NO means a bash on LWRC. Every company has a the occasional error. Every other LWRC I've shot (about 10) has been excellent. Just my luck!

Disclaimer: I'm a couple drinks in and my grammar may not be wonderful at the moment. </div></div>

If you could post a photo or two of your target, that would give a better idea of what's going on.

If you're wanting a smaller projectile, you don't necessarily have to sell your 7.62 for a smaller caliber as you can use the 155gr Scenar but those are pricey.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AkosPrime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm new here (note the extraordinarily high post count) but I'm very interested in hearing how this works out for you since I'm currently comparing the LWRC REPR and the POF P308 for my own purchase. The roughly $500 price differential has me leaning towards the P308, especially every time I see KillShot's sig photo, but the fact that LWRC is in Maryland and I live in VA and work in MD has me wondering if buying locally might not have some advantages.

Out of curiosity what range did you shoot your buddy's 16" REPR at and what range did you shoot your 20" REPR at, and what rounds did you use in it? Were conditions of the two different shoots relatively the same?</div></div>

If you're wanting a POF, and I highly recommend them as you well know, this P308 on Gunbroker is probably the cheapest ($2,425) you'll find anywhere. By getting a base model, you won't have to trade/sell what you don't want and can save time/money by purchasing the stock, trigger, grip or whatever else you really want for it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=268022030

pix986762619.jpg

pix298689790.jpg

pix263991116.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillShot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AkosPrime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The roughly $500 price differential has me leaning towards the P308, especially every time I see KillShot's sig photo, but the fact that LWRC is in Maryland ....
</div></div>

If you're wanting a POF, and I highly recommend them as you well know, this P308 on Gunbroker is probably the cheapest ($2,425) you'll find anywhere. By getting a base model, you won't have to trade/sell what you don't want and can save time/money by purchasing the stock, trigger, grip or whatever else you really want for it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=268022030
</div></div>

Oooo.....that's IS very tempting.....I may have to see if I have enough cash on hand to do that deal now. Thanks for the lead KS, much appreciated!

I would send your rifle back to LWRC and have them look it over - the warranty will cover any defects and their customer service is great. I own a 20in Repr myself and it's a sub-moa gun out to several gundred yards and then a moa gun at 1000. For the money you paid for your gear you should be getting better groups. just my two cents....or sell it and go get something else.

I won"t lie, I never gave much thought to the POF but after looking more @ Killshots and the one here on this page, very very tempting. I guess there might be a POF in my future too.

I'm heading out tomorrow with my buddy (also my dealer!) to see if we can't figure something out. I'll take some pics of the groupings at that time. As for the POF vs REPR, they are both great rifles. I went with the REPR for 3 reason: 1. The one I shot was amazing. 2. side charging handle 3. adjustable gas system for when I get my suppressor. Hopefully I'll have some pics up come tomorrow or Sunday. KillShot...how do those 155's like tight twists? The REPR is 1-10.

As to the smaller caliber stuff... still thinking about it. My days of punching 2 legged animals are done, and I rarely take hunting shots past 600. That being said, the 75gr 5.56 will punch .75" Plywood at 1200 (verified by laser). If it'll punch that, it better punch any animal I'm going to be shooting at! Cheaper ammo, higher round count mags, less recoil and weight...but more wind drift (a lot). 6.5G has me looking really hard though. Other than energy, it holds it's own with the 175gr 7.62. All of that with an A-Max which also tends to have some excellent terminal ballistics. Who knows, if the REPR comes back a laser I might just have to have both it AND and lighter long range rig!

My buddy, crazy joe, and I visited lwrc last fall. They run an impressive operation and gave us a nice tour of the shop floor. Enough to make you drool! They are a top notch outfit. I love my repr too. First time out we were ringing steel at will at 1000 yds with FGMM 168s. And with semi-auto and a 20 rd mag, we waste no time during target transitions. I have a thunder beast pending ATF paperwork. Can't wait!

LWRC is a has a great cs track record, I'm sure they'll take care of you. Hopefully, you will be able to fugure it out today and will not have to send it back. Because its so new, maybe they can just swap the upper out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: targaflorio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone been to the POF shop floor? Where is it? How much of their rifles do they manufacture? </div></div>

I have not been to their shop (Scottsdale, AZ) but I know there's a couple of guys in here, sobrbiker883 and Scott of Specialized Dynamics, who were employed by POF for a period of time. At one time, POF had a contract to have their rifles produced but POF now produces their own product.

If you've had good luck with the other 10 LWRC rifles, and poor luck with this one, give them a call, and they will probably straighten it out.