• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some of you guys are in for a surprise

@StraightJacketArmory I watched the whole thread. What I saw was SJA being as transparent as possible and 100% trying to make it right. While you definitely stuck your own foot in your own ass to the knee cap at one point based on a misunderstanding, You owned it all and made it right. I'd support SJA in the future.
I’ll be limping for a while yes! When you get passionate about something you get protective and I didn’t handle it correctly. Learned my lesson I did

Straight Jacket may make a good product, but you have a serious customer service issue. This is not the only issue that I know of where you left a customer high and dry, and made promises that you could not deliver on.

The gun industry is very unique in that there are several variables that can affect the performance of the final product. Building customer confidence in your product should be your highest priority. That includes making a quality product that meets the customer's expectations in a timely manner.

You may make the best barrel/product in the world, but if your service is lacking, you will spend most of your energy defending your reputation.
Yes some things happened over a year ago and I’m sure if you ask those customers that’s when it happened. However in the last year it hasn’t happened. Atleast no one has said one thing to me about it and I have also fixed issues with my own money from before I bought it. So please don’t loop me in to that. It was a mess to say the least but we have fixed a ton of things since and continue to do the same today.

I think at a minimum id make the shipper girl cry for her mistakes 😂

What kind of action was it for? I read that you said you don’t usually sell that action or make money on it. Just curious.

A few gunsmiths have posted that this is a common thing, when they have the barrel in the lathe and and are test fitting the action on new cut threads it will get stuck and gall the threads. One smith posted not if but when.
We have seen galling yes, this was welded. To the point it wouldn’t spin and when we cut it out threads were missing. At some point it twisted threads out of the action. Never seen it like this, that’s all we are saying. We still said yup we will fix it and screwed the pooch there

I think at a minimum id make the shipper girl cry for her mistakes 😂

What kind of action was it for? I read that you said you don’t usually sell that action or make money on it. Just curious.
Sad thing is she has after seeing what happened on here. It wasn’t her fault she did her job. It was on me for not being more thorough and just expecting the right one to go out

Yes some things happened over a year ago and I’m sure if you ask those customers that’s when it happened. However in the last year it hasn’t happened. Atleast no one has said one thing to me about it and I have also fixed issues with my own money from before I bought it. So please don’t loop me in to that. It was a mess to say the least but we have fixed a ton of things since and continue to do the same today.

You're the new owner of SJA? A few prolific members here made comments in that thread that gave me the false impression you were the longtime owner and had a history of issues. I wish I'd have ignored that thread. Fuck.

You're the new owner of SJA? A few prolific members here made comments in that thread that gave me the false impression you were the longtime owner and had a history of issues. I wish I'd have ignored that thread. Fuck.
Not hard to miss small details given how fast everything was moving. That detail was well hashed out in the first thread.

Sad thing is she has after seeing what happened on here. It wasn’t her fault she did her job. It was on me for not being more thorough and just expecting the right one to go out
Well, good on you. I think it’s best for the owner to always blame himself. Use this as a learning opportunity.

I cant help but wonder how the person who bought it screwed it on…

Reactions: Rich4
Yes my name is Cole Quarnberg. I bought SJA a little less than a year ago. I also own and run Long Range Tactics and do marketing for companies within the industry. I have been doing this for almost 14 years.

This is all hitting me not knowing what most of these guys are talking about but I’m willing to listen if they want to talk.

Well, good on you. I think it’s best for the owner to always blame himself. Use this as a learning opportunity.

When we sent them both back out the second time they were torqued on to the barrel by one of the guys in the shop. When they hit the shipping table there was no way to see which one had bad threads. The only way was to check the serial numbers which she did

Straight Jacket may make a good product, but you have a serious customer service issue. This is not the only issue that I know of where you left a customer high and dry, and made promises that you could not deliver on.

The gun industry is very unique in that there are several variables that can affect the performance of the final product. Building customer confidence in your product should be your highest priority. That includes making a quality product that meets the customer's expectations in a timely manner.

You may make the best barrel/product in the world, but if your service is lacking, you will spend most of your energy defending your reputation.
Dude I will shut your shit down so god damn fast stfu

Apparently not, some people want to knock a guy down, kick him when he is down, and keep at it and won't quit...

1713364636534.jpeg

Some of you fuckers can ruin a wet dream.
I would also posit some here could ruin a day dream.

In support of the above assertion, Your Honor, I present Exhibit A: @Dirty D and his egregiously fat women he posts in the Motivational Picture Thread.

I'll not glorify said evidence by posting examples as a cursory perusal would lead any reasonable person to the same conclusion beyond the shadow of a doubt.

I would also posit some here could ruin a day dream.

In support of the above assertion, Your Honor, I present Exhibit A: @Dirty D and his egregiously fat women he posts in the Motivational Picture Thread.

I'll not glorify said evidence by posting examples as a cursory perusal would lead any reasonable person to the same conclusion beyond the shadow of a doubt.
Hear , hear...

R

I read the thread in question for a few pages. I abstained from posting.

My already low IQ is now even lower.

I may start drooling on myself more than usual.

@StraightJacketArmory sorry things got so sideways on you. I promise if I ever order a pre-fit from you I won’t use a 1/2 impact wrench to torque the barrel into the action or use RockSett as anti-seize.

We have seen galling yes, this was welded. To the point it wouldn’t spin and when we cut it out threads were missing. At some point it twisted threads out of the action. Never seen it like this, that’s all we are saying. We still said yup we will fix it and screwed the pooch there
I’ve had that happen.

It sucks.

Put it in the rules, and members can help herd the cats towards the list of offensive things listed there.

"We are not the Better Business Bureau." "No shit posting a business ever."

If it's already there, then please forgive my suggestion..

Ducking

Just checked.

Still not a mod.

This site sucks.
If @Lowlight makes you a mod, you have to promise to stay here in the States and help us all achieve ultimate infrared vision glory.

Think about it, in a way, you'd still be helping the poor. Poor is relative, and relative to a VooDoo-M I am an orphaned Somali child. Plus you'd get to keep your toys.

Last edited:
Put it in the rules, and members can help herd the cats towards the list of offensive things listed there.

"We are not the Better Business Bureau." "No shit posting a business ever."

If it's already there, then please forgive my suggestion..

Ducking
It wasn’t just shit posting it was a dogpile

The issue was resolved, the customer was made whole, and the attacks continued

Then they continued here, I’m over it about 10 accounts are out

That guy does still work there though, and it seems may even post from the same account.

Same way anyone would. The thread was visually terrible. I can’t imagine what the pitch diameter actually measured.

That guy does still work there though, and it seems may even post from the same account.
Man I’m not sure what SJA did to ya but I open to a discussion and listen to your grievances. You were one of the worst to dogpile on us so I’m guessing something happened somewhere from the old ownership.

I’m a man and can admit I screwed up but again I am happy to PM you and hear your story.

Man I’m not sure what SJA did to ya but I open to a discussion and listen to your grievances. You were one of the worst to dogpile on us so I’m guessing something happened somewhere from the old ownership.

I’m a man and can admit I screwed up but again I am happy to PM you and hear your story.
I never actually dog piled. I just replaced some posts you’d deleted, for context. You posted it. Stand behind it.

Frank, glad to see you taking out the trash. The Bear Pit has become a toxic, anti-LE mess, you know who the contributers are. I understand the distrust in Government, especially Feds, but the white-trash "muh, stupid pigs" neckbeards have been out of control.

Those who have been on the Hide for a long time know we used to have a lot of legit people that have seen a thing or two. Many of them were run off by the morons, anti-LE and trolls. There's a wealth of knowledge but most just don't post becuase of the toxic idiocy of a few usual suspects that lead the ignorant mob. If you want a nice house only invite people that can behave themselves to your party.

@StraightJacketArmory, I hope you continue to make improvements and your business thrives. I know several people with your pre-fits that are very happy with them. Good on you for making things right with that customer, I'm sure there are hundreds of pre-fits that have been provided in between issues like this.

Cheers Gents!

Last edited:
Dude already admitted his faults and took responsibility.

Let it be.

There is no more to be done.
I’m setting the record straight on an accusation thrown at me, as if they haven’t learned a thing.

Frank, glad to see you taking out the trash. The Bear Pit has become a toxic, anti-LE mess, you know who the contributers are. I understand the distrust in Government, especially Feds, but the white-trash "muh, stupid pigs" neckbeards have been out of control.

Those who have been on the Hide for a long time know we used to have a lot of legit people that have seen a thing or two. Many of them were run off by the morons, anti-LE and trolls. There's a wealth of knowledge but most just don't post becuase of the toxic idiocy of a few usual suspects that lead the ignorant mob. If you want a nice house only invite people that can behave themselves to your party.

@StraightJacketArmory, I hope you continue to make improvements and your business thrives. I know several people with your pre-fits that are very happy with them. Good on you for making things right with that customer, I'm sure there's hundreds of pre-fits that have been provided in between issues like this.

Cheers Gents!

Every citizen should have a healthy suspicion of police and government activity/action, especially after we all lived through Ruby Ridge and Waco. But, the sovereign-citizen types, who want to live in our society and use our legal system, while refusing to be bound by the laws and rules they benefit from, the "against the police because the police are the police" types, are dangerous and toxic.

I've encountered sovereign citizen types who in one breath would insist the court has no jurisdiction to hear claims against them, then demanding the court hear their claims against somebody else, or insisting the court is not legitimate and then demanding the court recognize a judgment they awarded to themselves.

Well he deleted the posts, so, ya.
yea I deleted the posts calling him a liar because he didn’t and I said that multiple times... There were 2 right in a row and I was mad as hell and have since apologized directly to him. Yet still here we are I guess….

And I still have never said he fucked up anywhere on install. All I said is I can’t explain what the hell happened, hence me still trying to do the right thing and replace it all even though we never sold him the action, only the barrel.

We don’t really need the back and forth. I didn’t dogpile. I made a post for posterity and now have explained why.

I never actually dog piled. I just replaced some posts you’d deleted, for context. You posted it. Stand behind it.
WHY are you continuing the bullshit?! WHY?! It’s all be resolved on both sides. The customer and the company and you just want to keep adding more. You’re mentality of “I just replaced posts you’ve deleted” bro DROP IT MOVE ON!!

Wow, no matter how hard the smack down some people still aren't getting the hint even though it was presented with a sledge hammer.
Unreal.

BTW, the anti LE thing ?
I wouldn't so much say it's toxic so much as an earned trophy.
That is, unless you are legally blind, then it's excusable.

Hand tight will not freeze the treads to the point where a breaker bar with 250lbs on it won’t unscrew the part. That is impossible.

Hand tight will not freeze the treads to the point where a breaker bar with 250lbs on it won’t unscrew the part. That is impossible.
No, it's entirely possible, I've seen it.
If a single thread has a crack in the base of the > and as the (whatever being threaded) passes by that thread lifts and binds inside the next thread...bam, lockup.
Quite common on cheap chinese plumbing pipe.

Every citizen should have a healthy suspicion of police and government activity/action, especially after we all lived through Ruby Ridge and Waco. But, the sovereign-citizen types, who want to live in our society and use our legal system, while refusing to be bound by the laws and rules they benefit from, the "against the police because the police are the police" types, are dangerous and toxic.

I've encountered sovereign citizen types who in one breath would insist the court has no jurisdiction to hear claims against them, then demanding the court hear their claims against somebody else, or insisting the court is not legitimate and then demanding the court recognize a judgment they awarded to themselves.
Don't want to de-rail thread on this tangent but I absolutely agree on all counts and have seen the same.