• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some "popped" primers in a new package?

Andy T

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Northeast
I just got 5 brand new 100 count boxes of CCI #200 primers. This is my first time buying them. In each box there is about 4-10% of primers that appear to be "popped" for lack of better word. Is this a normal failure rate to expect?

Re: Some "popped" primers in a new package?

You say this is your first time.. By chance are they just upside down in the container? It takes a quite a bit to set off a primer and quite frankly the box and plastic tray would be damaged if four of them did go off.

I've seen a few that the anvil had fallen out but never had one that was set off. We need pics.

Whatever is wrong is not normal for CCI, or any other brand either. Pics would be a help, but I would contact the seller or CCI,and I expect that they will make it right. Lightman

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean Hagerty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My first instinct is that some of the primers are flipped over in the tray.</div></div>

my first thought is that the anvils have fallen out... which is enough to return them w/ that many, but I seriously doubt they're "popped"

Occam's razor - they were upside down...Sorry for the excitement, and thank you for the help.