• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some Steel at 250

Tucker301

Groundskeeper
Banned !
Feb 13, 2015
Southern VA
I was putting some stuff away in my shed and noticed that the concrete floor and doorway were setup perfectly for the 12 inch square in the corner of the pond at 250.
Great target setup from Tyler Kemp at http://mkmachining.com !

10/22
Tacsol X-Ring
Geco Semi-Auto
Burris Veracity 5-25

If you watch in HD you can see the trails as the bullets fall in.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DrRfW6y5jBE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Should have included at least a pic of the big grin on your face after that!
How large a plate is that?
Looks like you were stacking them for the most part. Any slight wind plays hell on the 22LR.
I assume that is high velocity ammo.
Reminds me of my hunting property. Our range is 500 yards at the farthest and crosses a lake lake yours.
We have steel from 50 yards out to 500, one of which is a full size buffalo at 395 yards. I've seen a couple of guys hit it with 22LR pistols back in the day (before we all got old).
The most peaceful setting I shoot in.

Anyone know what kind of energy the projectiles have left at that range?

Nothing more fun then rimfire at long range.I shoot 200 yds with tac sol barrel and 12" plate and love it.Good shooting bro.

Awesome shooting! We had my dads 75th birthday party here at my house today and before everyone arrived I set up my 541T on the back poarch handrail and painted the 4 inch gongs at 175 yards across the garden, I knew after the cake and presents the women would wad up talking, so I took dad and brother in law out to backpoarch. The old man got a kick out of the plates ringing after every shot! Things just always seem better when you break out the rifles. My dads favorite saying " teach your kids to love guns and they won't have the money to buy dope"

Sounds like a lot of fun.Enjoy the time you spend with your dad,he sounds a lot like my dad was before i lost him.God Bless

That is some nice shooting. You make it look too easy. Time to build a barricade and work around the ports under the clock :) Did you have some wind/wind hold?

Winds that day were 12 o'clock and light.
Planning on having Riley (neighbor's kid with MS)over this afternoon to determine what his abilities are going to be with a rifle.
If he shows interest and ability to control the weapon on a bench then I'll work with him with this clanger at 250 as his ultimate goal.

What will not be disclosed is that I am also planning on a small food plot in that back corner of the pond for the sole purpose of luring Riley's first deer into a broadside distracted pose.
But first things first. We'll see how he does with the 22 at 50 and go from there.

3rgdFxR.jpg