• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Someone talk me out of buying an Origin

So, did they provide any specifics? Qualify their observations?

Yes they specifically said the rifle was dogshit. These are guys who I know to know good stuff when they see it and they said it wasn't and they're a pretty big Aero dealer too and obviously like some of their stuff so there's no bias against the company only for it if anything.

So I will trust their opinion of the rifle over someone who I read on the internet that thinks its "slick as owl shit". I do volunteer work with a raptor sanctuary and have been around enough owl shit to know that thats not a positive description for an action.

Yes they specifically said the rifle was dogshit. These are guys who I know to know good stuff when they see it and they said it wasn't and they're a pretty big Aero dealer too and obviously like some of their stuff so there's no bias against the company only for it if anything.

So I will trust their opinion of the rifle over someone who I read on the internet that thinks its "slick as owl shit". I do volunteer work with a raptor sanctuary and have been around enough owl shit to know that thats not a positive description for an action.
You understand hearsay vs direct testimony correct? I've been running this action for months now. I think I got onto the recommendation of the SOLUS because someone asked for a short throw, 60 * or so. Even after I blew the ejectors out of it with a hot charge, and replaced the ejectors I fabricated, it is still doing great. The ports did a good job venting the gas away from me. Unlike the Nucleus that puts the over pressure gasses in your face. (As discovered with a bad lot of Winchester WLR primers)

I've put more effort into getting my Nukes in Xylo chassis' and ARC mags to run smoothly than the SOLUS. In fact, the SOLUS has been so trouble free it sat on the backburner while I diagnosed the ARC issues. No slight on ARC, just unbiased reporting.

SO, what else has a short throw? Browning A-bolt and X-Bolt. Didn't recommend them because they aren't as plug & play as what is available now.

You understand hearsay vs direct testimony correct? I've been running this action for months now. I think I got onto the recommendation of the SOLUS because someone asked for a short throw, 60 * or so. Even after I blew the ejectors out of it with a hot charge, and replaced the ejectors I fabricated, it is still doing great. The ports did a good job venting the gas away from me. Unlike the Nucleus that puts the over pressure gasses in your face. (As discovered with a bad lot of Winchester WLR primers)

I've put more effort into getting my Nukes in Xylo chassis' and ARC mags to run smoothly than the SOLUS. In fact, the SOLUS has been so trouble free it sat on the backburner while I diagnosed the ARC issues. No slight on ARC, just unbiased reporting.

SO, what else has a short throw? Browning A-bolt and X-Bolt. Didn't recommend them because they aren't as plug & play as what is available now.

You prove my point entirely. You have a POS action that blows ejectors out on hot charges and you're on the internet telling people its good. That is not a characteristic of a solid action, but you think it is. Your "direct testimony" is qualified off of limited experience.

There are plenty of short bolt lift actions, I have had quite a few of them. It's really not anything new but someone unexperienced buys the marketing from Aero and they've reinvented the wheel. 60 degree 700 based actions have existed for at least a decade, it's not special, it's just another commercial action based off another with some added features.

your report on it being slick and awesome is just that though. hear-say. it's one report. and it's great that you like it. but combine all the other (read: few) posts on the Solus with the in-person reports from SHOT and other places. and it adds up to a maybe can be good action. maybe it can be a great action. but we're not seeing more than a few reports on it and they don't trend towards the positives.

We'll hear more on the CDG in the next week than the last 2-3 months of Solus. and that's what will lend credit to how the CDG performs for anyone doesn't have one. dozens of user reports with multiple cartridges, chassis, mags and uses.

your report on it being slick and awesome is just that though. hear-say.
No, that is direct testimony. I am reporting what I directly observed, not from what someone else said which I in turn parroted and had no direct experience with. So, as it stands. I am the only one here qualified enough to speak on the SOLUS action since nobody else commenting has any direct experience. I also don't see much constructive talk on the SOLUS action since this is the Hide and Aero P and Savage are two companies that get hated on regardless.

So when the CDG hits, and I have a few coming my way, are you going to then accept my reports because it's an ARC?

• Haha
Reactions: redneckbmxer24
No, that is direct testimony. I am reporting what I directly observed, not from what someone else said which I in turn parroted and had no direct experience with. So, as it stands. I am the only one here qualified enough to speak on the SOLUS action since nobody else commenting has any direct experience. I also don't see much constructive talk on the SOLUS action since this is the Hide and Aero P and Savage are two companies that get hated on regardless.

So when the CDG hits, and I have a few coming my way, are you going to then accept my reports because it's an ARC?
so if someone tells @redneckbmxer24 the Solus blows that's also a direct testimony then and not hearsay. and they say it sucks.

we may not have direct experience, but the reports on failed headspace and overall shit feel far outweigh your one single testimony

i accept your report that you like the Solus. but it's not going to make me buy one. if your CDG sucks (they're already shipping btw) then i'll accept that too. but i'll also read every other report on the CDG as well and weigh the options.

the problem with the solus is there are only a handful of reviews/comments, and most are negative. and a lot of people here aren't dumb enough to jump into an AR company building a bolt gun for the first time (see larue, DD, Falkor) until there are a lot of review from people with enough experience to qualify to give an opinion and comparison

All hail the all knowing King of Solus.

SH isn't a hater of Savage and Aero, its a group of mostly experienced shooters who like shit that works and not garbage. Savage is garbage and Aero has been leaning hard that way in recent years, their QC has dropped on all of their products, especially their barrels and theres plenty of "direct testimony" from users of both who have gotten fucked up shit or their shit has broken, I have had issues with both. So you're not going to convince me this action is good when I have had bad products from them and you yourself have had your own action fail and chalked up a ejector failure as "high pressure"... then you had to fabricate new extractors for it which you would only do to fix a flaw that cause the failure, because the OEM ejectors will no longer work, or replacement ejectors aren't available.

Keep telling us how good it is though.

Reactions: b6graham

Except, to us, you’re just a rando on the internet. For @redneckbmxer24, his buddies’ accounts are first hand. See how that works?

You prove my point entirely. You have a POS action that blows ejectors out on hot charges and you're on the internet telling people its good. That is not a characteristic of a solid action, but you think it is. Your "direct testimony" is qualified off of limited experience.
Ok, let me walk you through this. I screwed up. I was loading 243AI with an overcharge. These days I have to load in the blind with powders because I can't always source what is in the books. I went by the adage, "Once you blow the case to AI, you can load 2 more grain of powder!" Welp, nope. SO I put this action to the ultimate test and it didn't hurt me. It performed as designed. Damaged parts will occur on any action during a catastrophic OP situation.
There are plenty of short bolt lift actions, I have had quite a few of them. It's really not anything new but someone unexperienced buys the marketing from Aero and they've reinvented the wheel. 60 degree 700 based actions have existed for at least a decade, it's not special, it's just another commercial action based off another with some added features.
Well then, name some then.

All hail the all knowing King of Solus.

SH isn't a hater of Savage and Aero, its a group of mostly experienced shooters who like shit that works and not garbage. Savage is garbage and Aero has been leaning hard that way in recent years, their QC has dropped on all of their products, especially their barrels and theres plenty of "direct testimony" from users of both who have gotten fucked up shit or their shit has broken, I have had issues with both. So you're not going to convince me this action is good when I have had bad products from them and you yourself have had your own action fail and chalked up a ejector failure as "high pressure"... then you had to fabricate new extractors for it which you would only do to fix a flaw that cause the failure, because the OEM ejectors will no longer work, or replacement ejectors aren't available.

Keep telling us how good it is though.
God damn. You are a thick one.

Except, to us, you’re just a rando on the internet. For @redneckbmxer24, his buddies’ accounts are first hand. See how that works?
so if someone tells @redneckbmxer24 the Solus blows that's also a direct testimony then and not hearsay. and they say it sucks.

we may not have direct experience, but the reports on failed headspace and overall shit feel far outweigh your one single testimony

i accept your report that you like the Solus. but it's not going to make me buy one. if your CDG sucks (they're already shipping btw) then i'll accept that too. but i'll also read every other report on the CDG as well and weigh the options.

the problem with the solus is there are only a handful of reviews/comments, and most are negative. and a lot of people here aren't dumb enough to jump into an AR company building a bolt gun for the first time (see larue, DD, Falkor) until there are a lot of review from people with enough experience to qualify to give an opinion and comparison
I won't try to explain hearsay again. I see the concept has gone over some heads. Get your ass back to work. I'm waiting on my barrels.

I had an Origin. I sold it and got an AI.

I’m going to buy another Origin and build a 223 Trainer. The action is simple, works, and the CS from the guys at Zermatt/Bighorn is phenomenal.

You made the right choice OP.