• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something New in the AR world???

I get tired of these fucking marketing gimmicks. "Something's coming at some time..." I'm thinking of Desert Tech and the MDR, but most recently, Springfield Armory and their Saint line of AR's. It was all types of hype for some basic AR with an A2 front post sight. Not that I expected anything crazy. I was way more excited over Savage's AR's than SA's and Savage didn't do this stupid teaser bullshit. Just come out with the fucking thing when it's ready, then advertise.

ETA - As stated, it appears it may be some take down AR from F&D?

Meh, whatever. Marketing hype is always a giant letdown if you take it literally. They have probably reinvented a takedown rifle...yawn.

In for Springfield Saint 2.0

Nah SA is supposed to introduce some new pistol at the NRA meetings, there wasn't enough time for Saint 2.0 hype to be properly built up, lol. I'm not one to get excited over hype much anymore, but then again, I'm not usually one to get excited anyways!

Dave

On previous announcements F&D has anounced either extreemly accurate or extreemly powerful AR's. I expect that this will be interesting but not currently for sale in the peoples Republic of NY.

Nothing less than spectacularly dramatic ever came out of F&D. Interested.

Meh, whatever. Marketing hype is always a giant letdown if you take it literally. They have probably reinvented a takedown rifle...yawn.

Isn't the AR a take-down platform to begin with. Two pins and it is 1/2 as long as it was. Guess we will know tomorrow.

Well that was just a guess. DRD has been making those for a 3ish years now. Not new if that if the plan. DRD's is in 7.62 so it would technically be new for the AR15 platform.

In comparison to that paratus... i heard the new fd will fit in the same size case but can deploy and fire in less than 8 seconds. The paratus was 50 seconds.

I am confident you guys are going to be pleasantly surprised with what we have done. Very cool and just as practical. Release goes live in two minutes. We are very excited to be debuting this at the NRA show.

Fuck I kind of like that. Need prices. How in the hell will a guy ever plan for retirement hanging out around this place.

Gaaaaaaay.....

Oooooow Look I just pulled the take down pins out on my AR and put it in my own backpack.. now I just accomplished the same thing F&D just did.

Gaaaaaaay.....

Oooooow Look I just pulled the take down pins out on my AR and put it in my own backpack.. now I just accomplished the same thing F&D just did.

It is difficult to tell if you are being sarcastic or indicating that improved portability/concealabilty without sacrificing reliability and accuracy is of marginal value to you. Taking the position that this rifles primary feature is comparable to a standard AR is at best short-sighted/narrow minded.

Looks like those in the non-free states now have a folding option too!

Unless your dealing with an SBR pulling both pins will not be as small as this. Upper with even a 16 barrel will be longer than lower with butt stock.

I for one am interested. But and it is HUGE the price has to be reasonable. I have all kinds of toys i want and this one isn't getting bumped to the top easily. I havn't bought a factory gun for pushing a decade, as i enjoy building them with what i like. So price will be major factor for me.
Would be interested to see if the reciever set and rail would be available alone to allow a person to build their own.

Last edited:
It is difficult to tell if you are being sarcastic or indicating that improved portability/concealabilty without sacrificing reliability and accuracy is of marginal value to you. Taking the position that this rifles primary feature is comparable to a standard AR is at best short-sighted/narrow minded.

Looks like those in the non-free states now have a folding option too!

The Antis are going to be having vivid nightmares with this one. Being able to stick a full-size AR just about anywhere, out of sight and out of mind? And you really need to reconsider the idea that this is equivalent to pulling the pivot and takedown pins. Balancing an upper in one hand and managing to line up the holes at the pivot with the other just about never happens. This is three-second deployment, not thirty. Verdict? Game-changer.

It is cool but you guys must have a lot more need than I do to whip out a broken down AR in 3 seconds. I can't imagine the price will be attractive enough to match my need for "3 second deployment". If I am somewhere with that need, my gun wont be folded up.

And yeah, the antis are gonna lose their shit over this.

Call me superstitious, but I'd like to maintain my receiver/barrel/optic alignment and, while this may go back together well enough for minute of man in a CQB scenario, I don't feel it will be sufficiently repeatable for a precision rig. That is where my interests lie so this really doesn't do anything for me. And, full disclosure, I've never really "got" the appeal of folding stocks either.

I dont really need a rapid deploy, super compact rifle. I don't need to sneak up on the targets at the range, and a full length (not folded in 1/2) rifle has never been a hinderance while hunting.

I'm sure someone will invent a need for this, but I'm having a hard time shoehorning it into my usage. But, as a big fat FU to the absurd firearms laws, this is genius.

In my humble opinion (brand new here...first post) this is an absolute game changer. I'm finishing up a long LE career and will be moving to a free state. With that being said, after seeing this, this will be my retirement AR. I'm sure it will meet my accuracy expectations (which are quite low, I'm a street warrior not a sniper) and...the fact I can take it anywhere (obviously not in a "tactical" bag) such as out to supper, the movies, etc. etc. well, I have to have it. Heck, I think it'll even fit in my large long ride camel back. Can I ride my mountain bike all day in the back country with this thing on my back? The possibilities with this platform are phenomenal. I can't wait!!! Way to go F&D. I hope you knock it out of the park with this platform.

Call me superstitious, but I'd like to maintain my receiver/barrel/optic alignment and, while this may go back together well enough for minute of man in a CQB scenario, I don't feel it will be sufficiently repeatable for a precision rig. That is where my interests lie so this really doesn't do anything for me.

Repeatedly minute of angle according to manufacturer.

It is cool but you guys must have a lot more need than I do to whip out a broken down AR in 3 seconds. I can't imagine the price will be attractive enough to match my need for "3 second deployment". If I am somewhere with that need, my gun wont be folded up.

Exactly, couldn't have said it better. Maybe I'm just not operator enough to get it. Also, probably not too smart creating a "new guy" account to help hype your new product.

And yeah, the antis are gonna lose their shit over this.

The bolded is my thought as well, in which case, pop two pins and I'm just as ready. Maybe more so, because I won't be trying to fumble around with a latch on my 7.5" AR pistol, it can go in a backpack fully assembled.

Dave

I like it. I can see a future purchase if it checks out. And who gives a fuck what antis think of our shit. Those fuckers are raping our country with their bullshit. If this makes them freak out and require their colleges to offer puppy therapy in a safe place, I say its a win-win.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Nobody here has an issue with the breech and chamber open to debris while it's being transported?

I appreciate the engineering and work that went into this. I don't have a need for this setup BUT it opens the door to a rotating bolt, fold down hunting rifle. Would make packing into a remote area easier and much less prone to busting you ass and taking out the scope or buttstock when you do. Knocking a 48" sheep gun down to 24" would be nice. I don't see this coming cheap but pioneering anything is going to cost you something. If it's just money, consider yourself lucky.

The only thing I do like is being able to access the barrel extension to clean that sucker ;) Curious what price will be, but have zero interest in something like this. The innovation factor is nice, but I do have to question practicality with something like this, ergo, what does this do that my standard AR's with the two takedown pins won't do?

The only thing I do like is being able to access the barrel extension to clean that sucker ;) Curious what price will be, but have zero interest in something like this. The innovation factor is nice, but I do have to question practicality with something like this, ergo, what does this do that my standard AR's with the two takedown pins won't do?

1. It will be much shorter than your disassembled rifle. Your 8" SBR upper will be as long as my 16" .308.
2. It won't clank around and bang up your scope or have to be stored separately.
3. It will deploy and empty a mag before you can assemble your 'two pins". There is no comparison in this area.
4. It can change calibers in under 2 min maybe even under 60 sec.
5. It can clear a stuck case from chamber without a rod.

Ability to stow,, conceal, and deploy won't ever be matched by pulling two pins.

Let me know if you need some more help in the imagination department. As always questions are welcomed. Assumptions? Not so much.

And for all of you that think this is my second post, I've been on. here for some time and you all know who I am. Just don't care about asking for my old post count everytime the website changes format.

1. It will be much shorter than your disassembled rifle. Your 8" SBR upper will be as long as my 16" .308.
2. It won't clank around and bang up your scope or have to be stored separately.
3. It will deploy and empty a mag before you can assemble your 'two pins". There is no comparison in this area.
4. It can change calibers in under 2 min maybe even under 60 sec.
5. It can clear a stuck case from chamber without a rod.

Ability to stow,, conceal, and deploy won't ever be matched by pulling two pins.

Let me know if you need some more help in the imagination department. As always questions are welcomed. Assumptions? Not so much.

And for all of you that think this is my second post, I've been on. here for some time and you all know who I am. Just don't care about asking for my old post count everytime the website changes format.

While your technical points are well made, you tactful manner remains your signature. Make a version that is legal in NY and I'll buy one.

While your technical points are well made, you tactful manner remains your signature. Make a version that is legal in NY and I'll buy one.

The upper will fit your mil spec lower. Expect "folding" anything to become illegal in NY and CA in 5....4.....3.....2.....

The upper will fit your mil spec lower. Expect "folding" anything to become illegal in NY and CA in 5....4.....3.....2.....

Regretably you are precient, upon checking I discovered that folding stocks are already included. But in this case it is not the stock that folds but the upper reciever, so I think we are good. Can you PM me a price and delivery quote?

Regretably you are precient, upon checking I discovered that folding stocks are already included. But in this case it is not the stock that folds but the upper reciever, so I think we are good. Can you PM me a price and delivery quote?

though I applaud you for giving Cumo and the rest of the commies in Albany and The City a big middle finger, be careful. Your jury will be the same dipshits that elected a guy that screamed " you don't need 10 rounds to kill a deer". Just sayin'

though I applaud you for giving Cumo and the rest of the commies in Albany and The City a big middle finger, be careful. Your jury will be the same dipshits that elected a guy that screamed " you don't need 10 rounds to kill a deer". Just sayin'

HCVeritas has not PMed price and delivery so I'm guessing it will be a while before these are ready to ship.

HCVeritas has not PMed price and delivery so I'm guessing it will be a while before these are ready to ship.

For whatever reason the PM page won't post my messages to you. We will have a pre-release batch done in a few weeks. Full production should be in full swing by end of summer. Website will have running release dates and times posted soon.

Looks almost like a direct copy of my PredatOBR. I actually don't care for the break down thing that much. The only time I have found it 'neat' is when I am in my topless Jeep, I can disassemble it, throw it in a bag or small case, then run a masterlock cable around it to the roll bar. It doesn't look like anything important to a potential thief.

Otherwise, the gun never comes apart. It's a hassle because of how tight the tolerances are on the gun and having a slight zero shift with reattaching the barrel and scope... Love the gun though, tightest shooting 308 gas gun I've seen

Looks almost like a direct copy of my PredatOBR. I actually don't care for the break down thing that much. The only time I have found it 'neat' is when I am in my topless Jeep, I can disassemble it, throw it in a bag or small case, then run a masterlock cable around it to the roll bar. It doesn't look like anything important to a potential thief.

Otherwise, the gun never comes apart. It's a hassle because of how tight the tolerances are on the gun and having a slight zero shift with reattaching the barrel and scope... Love the gun though, tightest shooting 308 gas gun I've seen

Other than being a black AR style rifle... the FD has ZERO substantive resemblance to your Larue. One folds, the other breaks done like a glorified original Stoner design.

Really? A "direct copy"? You might need to look at the video and pictures a least one more time. It's not even close much less a direct copy. We don't intend to send Mark royalties. Lol.

I think you said it all when you mentioned the "hassle" which has now been eliminated. Plus we hold zero because it doesn't come completely apart.

Last edited:
F&D makes very well machined and matched rifles, this is truly an interesting design/concept. I had the pleasure of shooting an F&D Defense FD308 in 6.5 Creedmoor for several months, it was the most accurate piston rifle I've ever shot and there's part of me that wishes I would have kept it instead of my Mega rifle as my Mega rifle is DI and still gives me issues with my suppressor while the F&D shot well either suppressed or not.

HCVeritas, please let me know when you might have a XAR for large frame in 6.5CM variety :)

Mega-PROOF 6.5CM on top and F&D FD308/6.5CM on bottom:

f5NObQD.jpg