• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something special from Bushnell Tactical (spotter)

Don't want to come across as an ass but I ordered directly from Bushnell Tactical Mil Sales, so if your AD mil you can email them for price.

Curious to find out street price on these...I've been debating whether or not to get a spotting scope.

Do you have the part number for the H-32 reticle version?

Only had it a few days but so far very nice glass, controls feel solid, eye box/relief is forgiving and consistent. Will try and get side by side test with Mark4 but can already tell I like the focus/pwr rings better on the LMSS.

Curious to find out street price on these...I've been debating whether or not to get a spotting scope.

SWFA.com lists it on their website for $1699, doesn't say H32 reticle or if its in stock. Suggest giving them a call to be sure.

Awesome. Another spotter priced out of my range. I was really hoping someone else would come out with a decent spotter with a reticle that cost over $2 grand. Not enough of those.

I know exactly what you mean. Been looking for a decent spotter with a reticle for a long time now, I just can't justify spending the money when I don't get out to shoot as often as I'd like. The search for used one continues....

I don't understand why it costs so much to put a reticle into a spotting scope. They put one in every rifle scope. What's wrong with just buying a large objective rifle scope as a spotting scope? Is that too getto?

Eye relief is one reason why not... its a bitch to use a rifle scope as a spotting scope because you need that 2.5-3 inch standoff

Awesome. Another spotter priced out of my range. I was really hoping someone else would come out with a decent spotter with a reticle that cost over $2 grand. Not enough of those.

I completely agree. While I guess it's not 2k its still enough to make me ponder if I really want it.

Not saying it may well be worth it, it's just that spotters like scopes are spendy.

There are several difficulties putting a reticle in a spotter.

1. Usually it involves a custom optical plane location for 2nd focal plane scopes. AKA, now we have a tube or something where there was none. If the scope wasn't designed from the get-go for this, it gets all bad.
2. Now you have to focus the scope and the reticle separately. Twice the focusing mechanicals.
3. The reticle has to be in exactly the right spot in the optic for it to subtend the correct distance. This can be calculated, and some optics developers make the reticle position adjustable early on and then hard machine in the reticle stop collar later.

Still, some things are a little nuts.

I looked through this one at the NRA Convention and found this spotter to be much more compelling than Nightforce's new spotter. Image was crisp and bright as far as I could tell given the confines and the scope was more compact.

Got mine today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 21
45 X mag, about 450M , heaps of mirage

crappy samsung phone pic

Attachments

• 20130519_104625_resized.jpg
    20130519_104625_resized.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 16
I have blue CA in the shadows/dark areas on mine as well. I'm guessing this is normal.

Here we go:

1 mile
Bushnell @ 40x

@25x

Kowa 664 25x fixed

1.7 miles
Bushy @ 40X

@25x

Kowa 664 25x fixed

I have had a Leupold 12 -40 power X 60mm spotting scope for many years. When I bought it it was $450. at a slight discount.
NOW it is $1,000. !! The ED glass version is $1,200.

So I'd say that if you like that Bushnell spotter better get it when it first comes out.

Boy the Kowa really shows the short comings in the Bushnell glass. Wish I could see the Leupy Mark 4 in that same set of pictures.

~Brett

Boy the Kowa really shows the short comings in the Bushnell glass. Wish I could see the Leupy Mark 4 in that same set of pictures.

~Brett

Some of it was/is most likely crappy cell phone pics, but yes the Kowa's glass is nicer. but all in all the Bushnell is a nice scope.

If the retail is $2K then the production cost is probably well under $1k ex-factory , China.

From what I learned in econ....

Actual per unit production costs are typically less than 20% of the final MSRP. Add in the cost of overhead, R&D, shipping and advertising your at roughly 30-40% MSRP. Now tack on a 20% profit margin and you are in the realm of 50-60%. The final 40-50% mark-up is absorbed by the distributor and the retailer.

Also, it costs an extra $500 for a reticle because people are willing to pay it.

Some pics of my setup so far, these scopes are great but there are others with clearer glass i'm sure.

Attachments

• 20130530_123258_resized.jpg
    20130530_123258_resized.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 18
  • ret f 1.jpg
    ret f 1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 20
I Love this Bushnell Scope but I'm sorry But I have an Old 12-36x50 Tasco which has optics that good and I bought it in 96/97 and it is as new complete with Pentax camera adapter, The next step up the Ladder for me is going to have to be the Leupold Mark 4, I wanted the Bushnell version but because it was so much like the Mark 4 they must of decided to stop making it, this scope is the same as the Elite HD version c'mon Bushnell give us what we need and bring back the folded prizm version, I would like to support Bushnell because I love my range finder.

John

Last edited:
Only had it a few days but so far very nice glass, controls feel solid, eye box/relief is forgiving and consistent. Will try and get side by side test with Mark4 but can already tell I like the focus/pwr rings better on the LMSS.

Interested in reading your review, I've got a Mark IV on order. Curious to hear your thoughts.

I only used it for a couple short range visits before deployment, sorry won't have any real opinion until later this fall. I should have brought it with me but just stuck with issued MK4, I can already tell I like the focus/pwr rings better on the LMSS (built solid). Can't be sure on clarity yet between the two, more to follow.

I only used it for a couple short range visits before deployment, sorry won't have any real opinion until later this fall. I should have brought it with me but just stuck with issued MK4, I can already tell I like the focus/pwr rings better on the LMSS (built solid). Can't be sure on clarity yet between the two, more to follow.

Well at leased you get to keep your Own Gear Perfect this way, I tried to buy a scope like yours but it worked out Over $3300. So I wont be splashing out on One. shame but there ya go,

Take Care, John

From what I learned in econ....

Actual per unit production costs are typically less than 20% of the final MSRP. Add in the cost of overhead, R&D, shipping and advertising your at roughly 30-40% MSRP. Now tack on a 20% profit margin and you are in the realm of 50-60%. The final 40-50% mark-up is absorbed by the distributor and the retailer.

Also, it costs an extra $500 for a reticle because people are willing to pay it.

So actually we are buyingjust $400 bucks worth of product?

Any updates yet on what Bushnell are planning for this spotter? Seems to have vanished off the radar and no news of any other reticle options.