• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sometimes you get lucky

Jayne

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2006
RTP, NC
Cleaning up some of the garage putting away my reload equipment (ran through my powder supply) and unexpectedly found 2 cases of 9mm I didn't even know I had. Looks like I picked it up a year ago on-sale according to the receipt in the box; must have been an impulse buy because the price was right. Sweet, my past bargain hunting self provided some benefit to my current low-on-blasting-ammo self.

Finds like that sure change the outlook on the whole day, eh? May we all experience that, more often.

There was one time (Many many years ago_, whilst going through 'the closet' where I found a shotgun that I had no memory of acquiring. After investigating my records and whatnot, it became apparent of both when and where it became mine, but with so much happening at the time, the event escaped me.

Needless to say, THAT was a good day, too.

Nice find, especially when the market is the way it is. Always puts a smile on the day when that happens.

Christmas come early! You've now put the "I think I need to dig through some of those boxes/ammo cans" curse on me!

Christmas come early! You've now put the "I think I need to dig through some of those boxes/ammo cans" curse on me!

Don't limit it to the ammo cans, this stuff was still in the shipping boxes and no where near where I usually store ammo. I must have just tossed it into this cabinet in a hurry when doing something else and forgot about it.