• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

Sorry dude. I do not like Mark Knopfler.

At all.

I have wondered about that for some time - in many ways. Folks love that shit.

I do not dig what he is doing at all, and wonder if it is just my preference. Great guitarist. But when I listen - just not even close to what I want to hear. For me.

Not my cup of tea in any regards. Just sayin. I'm sure that is unpopular. But that is my opinion.
Curious, Is it the style of music from the Dire Straits days, his solo stuff, like "Coyote" and "You don't know you're born" or what that turns you off? Or are you just not into that style of smooth subtle playing, and maybe prefer a more hard edged sound?

Curious, Is it the style of music from the Dire Straits days, his solo stuff, like "Coyote" and "You don't know you're born" or what that turns you off? Or are you just not into that style of smooth subtle playing, and maybe prefer a more hard edged sound?
Yeah-just the style. Doesn't do much for me. There are several people that are pretty popular/talented but it just doesn't make me tap a foot and I can't listen for long.

A seventies classic song feel, but done today by a couple of up and coming young ladies...

Yeah Daryl’s House is good. I’m sure it’s more rehearsed than it looks but it has the feeling of a neighborhood jam.

A version of Great White Buffalo like no other, and more fitting of our current times then ever. For you young whipper snapers, this is how a 70 year old man rocks! Go Uncle Ted.

Here is a dude I worked with for some years...

We did not agree on music much - LOL (I am sensing a theme here), but he was good and I thought... WTF, let's turn people on to this stuff.

Anyhoo... he was and I am guessing, still IS, a Gibson guy, I cannot find the early shit I encountered with him before we worked together, but he was on Chicago TV during Blues Fest or whatnot. Last I heard, he was still doing music. Good on him!

Anyhoo, Vince Agwada:

i want a real les paul, not sure which one, but obviously one i cannot afford and can't play well enough to justify buying it.

instead i bought some new amp processor that does it all in software (sort of).

i want a real les paul, not sure which one, but obviously one i cannot afford and can't play well enough to justify buying it.

instead i bought some new amp processor that does it all in software (sort of).
It cannot. But if you play it, every day, it can. Don't matter the make.

Best I can offer with what was said....

Unleash that emotion for others to hear. That is the songs we hear. We feel.

Unleash that shit yo. An opinion.

Reactions: OldSalty2
For obvious reasons, I have been on a Buddy Guy spree of late. Here he is with Son House. (And a scary, weird, old Rod Serling type dude-LOL. I blame-the 60's.):

Son House just ALWAYS makes me tap my foot and you KNOW he isn't pretending anything, he is just telling his story. And like history, you can (see) hear where Zeppelin and others from that time got their inspiration. And a young Buddy showing the transition to Hendrix and others. I was but a wee lad. But I find it important to know/understand that lineage.

Hendrix joins Buddy (this happens a few times during these years-Buddy talks about it on YouTube later for those who care).

Dunno how I missed this, but I did. Jimmy's kid. Seems full circle now. I hear some Trower in there, but not sure what to make of this guy. I'll be listening to him tonight to decide. He looks a bit like his old man-just sayin'.

There's more than a little Trower in that
Lacking the bass IMO.

Jack Bruce (and Steve Vai) fucked me all up as a young man. Truth. Music doesn't need words. And words were very powerful to me. The music ultimately tells the story.

I'm not digging what I have seen tonight from this guy. Not sure how I missed him, but I did, and I'm guessing there is a reason.

He is good, but not worth gushing on based off what I see tonight. First observations.

:unsure::ROFLMAO:

Yeah. That.

I'd prefer some Jack Daniels.

But that is just me.

Sweet Muther of God.

Ralph Machio will live another day. LOL

Steve Vai didn't cut his head.

As far as I know.

So there's that.

It was a great story though! IMO.

Interdasting....

:unsure:

Moe-I love ya bro.

Not sure what is happening here, but it will be settled. shortly I expect.

I'm trying to do chicken enchiladas in cans/and the house tonight. LMAO

That's where I am tonight.

Apologize if this seems lame.

Chicken. It sucks. LMAO!

here is one that probably didn't make it over here back in the 90s.

Grunge days, Grohl owns the drums, but Corgan owned the guitar. Very underrated overall IMO.

My fav soundtrack, Tron..lol

Idk why, but i like her voice and the lyrics, this entire album is really good.

Last edited:
I don't think that is Grohl. Dude, just saying.

And that said...

I ran into these guys in numerous places, and chatted them early on. I thought at the time we were similar for very strange reasons... but looking back, I could be wrong. Regardless, they were quite talented IMO. And, also IMO, never got the ears and respect they should have. One of my personal faves:

Queensryche. (Regardless of Jeff Tate - box of rocks muthafucker - LOL)

I was saying out of the grunge era...who you think?

I actually saw QR in concert, they were good. They sorta just remind me of that hair band esq style that I never was really into. QR did crossover though with silent lucidity...for sure.

that era/genre definitely had its share of talent. Glad grunge killed it though, lol.

Reactions: Not a Sniper
I know damn well Percy would approve...

LOL... didn't we see these guys recently in this thread? I dig the acapalla thing - jealous of some of these folks who can sing their asses off like that.

That said... the "beats" guy doing the air drums? If it was just his face streaming, he'd do very well in the poop thread in the Pit, just sayin'. :LOL:

How about a guitar player, singer, and can shoot an AR! This song fits the times we are in.

LOL-what an odd group of people. Tommy Shaw (vegitarian) and Fat fingers Theodore who shot anything and ate it. Not a huge fan of the group. I blame Tommy's bangs....

But I was thinking about Ted recently. Dude is awesome. I couldn't find either clip. The first he was hunting in Michigan and had a series on TV. Was talking about the shotgun he was holding. Something like: Hunting and his guitars were similar. Elements of wood (he taps the stock) elements of metal (taps the barrel), looks into the camera and says: "And, I'll be damned if'n I can't bring dinner home with the both of them!" LOL

One New Years Eve he was playing the Silverdome (caught this on TV) and they lowered him to the stage on a harness system, which he unhooked (like a rappel seat) from his crotch. He says: "I'm just gonna let my big ole rock-n-roll balls loose" and the crowd goes wild clapping. He then says "Yeah, those folks listening to the radio right now have no idea what is going on!" :LOL:

Ted is the real deal.

Home Free. I really liked their version of Constant Sorrow. I downloaded a couple of their albums. Lot of is too poppy(?) over produced, boy band sounding to me. Very talented though. I’ll still listen

Reactions: Not a Sniper