• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

:oops:

Harshing my mellow. Even in jest.

SRV was beyond this world in terms of what he threw out there, IMO.

Dude was plugged into the universe. I originally thought that of Jimi, but thangs change.

Every person who has touched a guitar, and knows what people hear, MUST know what this dude brang to the table. If they are honest.

Every last fucker in this crowd was dead still....

No one ever knew what was coming from that guy. God rest his soul!

It think it was the breakfast highball of whiskey and cocaine that did it!

It think it was the breakfast highball of whiskey and cocaine that did it!
Sadly, I liked his shit when he was clearly fucked up.

His playing improved in some ways when he got clean and sober, but he lost something (to me) as well.

I reckon we are all moving forward and you don't live in the past. Can't really.

Anyhoo - being on this side of the dirt always beats the alternatives. SRV was something to many, many people. Good on him any way you slice it.

Reactions: BLEE
SCOTS are great, have most of their CD's

One with Mary singing a cover of a Wanda Jackson tune:

Reactions: Not a Sniper
Dire Straights - Sultans of Swing
I was an early teen when this song came out. I loved it and hated it at the same time. It didn't rock and it wasn't country. It was its own thing. Knopfler's finger style guitar playing is some of the best in the business. All these years later, Sultans of Swing is still its own thing - a beautiful song. I could listen to it a million times. I've practiced playing it, but never come close to nailing it.

Last edited:
Reactions: lyman and Ledzep
Guitar player is Joey McKenzie. YouTube him.
Had some instruction from him. It don’t mean a thing if it ain’t got that swing.
Funk is on the one.
Swing is on the two. Oh, and the four😎🙄😂

Bonamassa - I Gave Up Everything For You, 'Cept The Blues
I've seen Joe Bonamassa live a few times. He's a consummate showman and helluva guitar player. See him live, if you like this kind of music and have the opportunity. You'll be glad you did.

Reactions: Not a Sniper
Not sure if I have shared it here. Something nice from the 90s, one of the best pieces from that era here.

Whelp-kinda quiet in here. Gonna stir the pot a bit, eh?

Y&T. Yesterday and Today. If you were listening in the 80's-90's ya prolly heard them. Didn't dig their shit on the radio as much as I dig their not radio stuff, also, seems they may still be kickin'. Dave Meniketti (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Meniketti) has always cracked me up. So here is some Y&T for ya:

Impossible to find good audio from back then and newer stuff is concert recorded-worse audio. They are still playing it seems (good on them!).

Bar room boogie, the song that started this, my kid thought it funny and I knew the words... 80's personified:

Other stuff not on the radio:

This is what happens when you listen to satellite radio. Some crazy shit crops up-and you remember what was going on-long may you run Dave!

PS: Too many damn Gibson's but, I'll cut them some slack. :LOL:

Reactions: Moe Ron

Grab your battle axes, man the oars. Let’s go sack a city!

Nothin' new-but where my head is today. Allman Bro's Thursday as I look to head back South:

All for a reason. On a Thursday.

Not enough time lately for guitars, motorchoppas and shootin'. But this is my Thursday, today.

Soonest back to the Southland boys!

Again, a blast from the past. 90ies in this region.. in musical sense it was pretty fascinating.

And now, for something completely different.....

Welcome to 1980's.

Fast Eddie Clarke one way.

Fast Eddie Clarke Second way:

Depending on your age, this will not age well.

Hope you enjoy.

Old is new.

Always.

Dire Straights - Sultans of Swing
I was an early teen when this song came out. I loved it and hated it at the same time. It didn't rock and it wasn't country. It was its own thing. Knopfler's finger style guitar playing is some of the best in the business. All these years later, Sultans of Swing is still its own thing - a beautiful song. I could listen to it a million times. I've practiced playing it, but never come close to nailing it.

Telegraph Road in another fantastic DS album

Reactions: BLEE