• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

Joe Bonamassa is probably my favorite living guitarist. It says something about a musician when all the pro/famous players you know are in awe of his abilities.

I do not talk much shit-that guy is pretty amazing to me. I wish I had an ounce of that guys talent.

The thing that seems to get me is since SRV, it has been a bunch of white dudes. Even that kid. I feel bad that the black community has lost a step here on what came from their experience. I've spent a ton of time in the Delta and Memphis, and it just seems like time just froze somehow.

Jimi was the first to kinda perk my ears up (I'm not really all that old). I caught him doing Woodstock on the 4th of July 1976 on TV. And then, SRV just basically left me speechless.

Everything musically that made sense to me (like Zep and British Invasion)-I realized had come from blues, R&B, or gospel. I'm a slow learner apparently.

Now I know and that shit costs... like shooting. I have TOO many bad fucking habits.

Ah, fuck... yapping. I'll find one more good one to post here before I wander off.

Guilty. Since I was a kid.
Yep me too. Piano lessons at 2nd grade. Trumpet in jr. high and high school. Now I’ve devolved into a guitar player or rather a guitar abuser. My guitars hiss at me like a mad cat when I take them out of the case.🤷‍♂️
Bonamasa for me is in the same category as Vai and Satriani. Unbelievable talent but not for me.

I started piano at 7 (1st grade) but gave that up as it was all girls. :oops:

LOL = DUMBASS! :ROFLMAO: If only I had waited till 12 or 13....

Fortunately all 3 of my kids caught the bug from my propaganda/misinformation. From Classical band to Jazz band to guitars....

Anyhoo. Here is the next one for tonight. Not exactly what I wanted but Trower was another one who I felt got slighted from Hendirx "experience."

Trower was as good as anyone on a Strat IMO. And Jack Bruce came into play for me much later, again, with his Warwick Bubinga Basses and much like Vai, just pure music theory run rampant.

Who did the best rendition of "Bugle Call Rag?" Was it Glenn Miller or Benny Goodman?

Reactions: Moe Ron
I wanted to give it to Benny Goodman by virtue of the Contrabass saxophone alone but I’m afraid Glenn Miller swings a little harder🤓

Reactions: Longshot231
Saw Setzer’s Christmas show in Denver years back. Awesome. The family knows that every Christmas they get to watch the DVD🙄

Its kinda funny... I did not really like the Stray Cats originally-they were OK. And, I like Rockabilly.

Some years later, Setzer really stood out to me for his big band influence.

Years forward... he is REALLY good and I was simply wrong about him from the "persona" and marketing shit.

Dunno-true story, stupid, but how I was wrong about this dude. He's a very talented guitarist. Simply needed a second glance.

Kinda the same with me although I liked Stray Cats. Really hooked me with the big band stuff. I like the version of Rock This Town. Start trio then into the Band.

IIRC, she decided to retire from show business at 19 to get married and raise a family. Imagine that!

Reactions: Moe Ron
RIP :(

<iframe width="971" height="546" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Not a Sniper