• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

Rory and Mayall?! Fuck yes-I do overseas.

I am seriously beat down this week. Much like Dr John... this is all I have for today.

I'm guessing this song will not be popular here, but this is what is in my brain today:

2020. I have no more words for this bitch.

Reactions: 6.5SH
Chin up mate. Even with the election shit, we get to decide what kind of day it will be. Went up to the studio and grabbed the tele for a bit of anger relief. I don't own and LP's
Cheers

Never been a finger picker, always looked at them sideways. But, now, rethinking that. Just saying. Old age setting in I reckon.

This guy showed up recently (for me, anyhoo). With a 3 string, god-damn, shovel. He is very clean and disciplined. Maybe a bit like Vai. Maybe a bit too much like Vai - if that makes sense.

Maybe too clean.

I will not knock this as he is very talented for sure.

But I am now wondering if I missed the finger picker (and slide) boat holistically. Or even the clean fingered, too fast to comprehend, people. LOL.

Anyhoo-fuck 2020. Saying once again. Ugh. I cannot wait for this year to end. (He says before 2021 rears it's ugly fuckin' head.)

Stevie called Albert King his "other father"

Stevie called Albert King his "other father"

No doubt. He was influenced by several Colins, several Kings. Stevie is the one that demonstrated what right looked liked emulating someones music IMO.

He loved Jimi, I loved Jimi, but SRV was his own creature.

No shit on someone who can do so:

I believe this is not the first post of this. SRV was, a force.

Reactions: 6.5SH
I was lucky enough to see him live a few times, the last a few months before he was killed. Tons of influences but he was absolutely his own man on his sound.

Reactions: Not a Sniper
I was in the Army...

In Germany at that time. A large 6' bathtub. The AP announced it and I froze. Soaking sore muscles.

That bath went quite cold. For hours. Through the night. My ex though I was nuts. LOL. I wouldn't leave the tub.

I now live minutes from where that chopper went down, oddly enough. Been up there. Nothing. Just feeling plain. Life is a muthafucker. It never makes sense. Ever. We are all headed for that dirt nap.

Truth. What we do between now and then...

on us.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
Yep, he left his mark on the world. 30 to 37 years later his music is still as listenable and influential as it was then, not a fad to be forgotten. It will be the same another 30 years from now.

The video doesn't do it justice, was an amazing show the bass felt like it was crushing your chest. Great band and a great venue that is sadly no more.