• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

I see a lot of women float thru here (I am guilt as any-Bonnie Raitt). Personally, not really a huge fan of the women, especially singing (yes there are exceptions). Here are some exceptions for me:

Dreamboat Annie could howl with the best of 'em:

And I'm guessing, I am gonna post some Aretha here shortly. That woman could sing. Sounds for today anyhoo.

And, goofiest thing I saw while browsing around tonight .... Too many stupid, youthful stories to share here, but I'll be damned if these old cocksuckers aren't as excited as I was... as a teen. It made me laugh on several levels, and they are by far better than us as kids I'm guessing.

Bizarre, later Cheap Trick at Darryl's house. (Dublin?! WTF?! Who knew?)

Reactions: Moe Ron

Think they were likely writing this for the other side at the time it was made.

I need another tissue 😢👍
He wrote that song for a dude who built guitars, Charlie Wirtz. Charlie built the white strat (w/lipstick tubes) he swapped out in that video (guessing he blew some strings there). Kinda ironic.

And that made me think of the Alpine Valley one. It was off a bit vid/audio-but hard to find good video of that last gig.

The part in “Life Without You” where he adjusts the amps without missing a lick.
I saw him in Tulsa. It was a floating amphitheater on the Arkansas river. He was in the middle of burned down a solo. This big moth kept flying around his head. He started swatting at it and never missed a lick. Course the crowd went wild. Then he shot that smile. I think you know the one.
Freaking awesome 😎

• Haha
Reactions: Not a Sniper

I learn something from all these people.

I worked these studios for a time.

It is always a learning experience IMO. Folks came in and did shit I never (could) conceived.

For me- it always came down to: "Hey, let's try THIS shit." Didn't matter who said it.... That is when I perked up. I knew it was gonna be something new. Seldom disappointed. Just sayin'.

An opinion.

Cool 😎 Yes

I think of Les Paul and Mary Ford.
The record companies said WTF is this.
How in the hell.......

I think you have the right idea. Not before seen. So much talent not recognized.

I wasn't sure what to find in here. Clearly folks know what they like and/or have sophisticated opinions. I must sound like Charlie Brown's teacher at this point. Honestly, just wasn't sure.

Those not normally discovered are the gems. I'm gonna follow that lead. So many not before seen/heard.

...And occasionally indulge in self evident shit to feel comfortable. LOL. Thanks mate.

:squirrel:

Reactions: Joel Danielson
Love the passion in this version...KWS was a 20 year old kid when you wrote that song!

KWS was one of those kids I hoped would run with the SRV thing. Not to happen. SO many young guys able-not so much, after a spell.

I am beginning to think, I am the problem here. I guess I do not understand how so many can turn their back on (what I consider) the natural progression of the Blues. Fuck, I got them categorized by generation. Including Buddy Guy at 2.5. LOL.

In any event-the Blues as I knew it and love it-I do not see the path forward. And I, damn sure am, not good enough to be "that guy."

My first indicators I'm on the wrong side of relevant. LOL.

"You punks get off my fuckin' lawn!" :LOL:

KWS was one of those kids I hoped would run with the SRV thing. Not to happen. SO many young guys able-not so much, after a spell.

I am beginning to think, I am the problem here. I guess I do not understand how so many can turn their back on (what I consider) the natural progression of the Blues. Fuck, I got them categorized by generation. Including Buddy Guy at 2.5. LOL.

In any event-the Blues as I knew it and love it-I do not see the path forward. And I, damn sure am, not good enough to be "that guy."

My first indicators I'm on the wrong side of relevant. LOL.

"You punks get off my fuckin' lawn!" :LOL:
I still hear a lot of SRV in his playing. Kenny has done his own thing for sure though. I really enjoyed the stuff he did with The Rides a few years ago. There are many new blues oriented bands and younger artists that seem to be creating their versions of the blues. Think about how much the blues have evolved from the old "chicken circuit" that BB and Muddy played on, to the Brits that brought their versions back to the US, to guys like SRV that picked up on it and influenced the young guys in their 30's and 40's today.
I've been a huge fan since first hearing John Mayall in about 65'. Had never listened to the originators that we had right here. I finally decided that I want to make my own noise, instead of listening to everyone else, and just bought a setup when I retired last year. As long as we are above ground, we are relevant... :cool: :p

I still hear a lot of SRV in his playing. Kenny has done his own thing for sure though. I really enjoyed the stuff he did with The Rides a few years ago. There are many new blues oriented bands and younger artists that seem to be creating their versions of the blues. Think about how much the blues have evolved from the old "chicken circuit" that BB and Muddy played on, to the Brits that brought their versions back to the US, to guys like SRV that picked up on it and influenced the young guys in their 30's and 40's today.
I've been a huge fan since first hearing John Mayall in about 65'. Had never listened to the originators that we had right here. I finally decided that I want to make my own noise, instead of listening to everyone else, and just bought a setup when I retired last year. As long as we are above ground, we are relevant... :cool: :p

There is truth in what you say. I have had a few periods of-do yo' thang. There was a time that shit got front and center, and a time not so much. I am beyond not so much. I almost left the Army for Berklee Boston in the early 90s. Truth. Gulf War cured me. Keeping young folks alive "somehow" made me rethink this. I was 23. LOL. Insane, I know. Fack.

I guess, I am twitching, that we have not taken the next Blues steps. IMO. And there have been great talents and young'uns to advance it.

I have a very limited audience-and they get it-but most folks do not hear the Blues as I do.

I am just about ready to give it up and let them "flow."

Again, I guess that makes me "the guy" Get off my F'in lawn.

Ugh.

Ain't exactly what I was looking for, but this is Rufus T. This cat made me smile every time I watched him as a kid. And the Chess boys y'all should know.

This was Memphis back in the day.

And, horns for Moe-yo.

Guessing I'm pre-Internet now. LMAO. Dang.

i might have been at the golden bear that night.

we need justice, now!

i might have been at the golden bear that night.

we need justice, now!

Not sure I follow.

Here is what (hippy child #2) is watching over my shoulder:

I guess I didn't fail completely with the kids. I do not know this woman, but she is good.

Thanks for reporting the news as you do-that shit is everywhere. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Joel Danielson
AKA Sydney Powell

Whenever I hear that song, I can't help but think of the intro to the remake of the movie "To Be or Not to Be."

I was nine when "The Graduate" came out and caught snippets from the adults on what the movie was about. When I was a kid, I wondered why someone would want to bang an old woman like Anne Banncroft.

That changed when I turned 40 and saw the entire movie which was really weird. Nevertheless, I looked at Anne Bancroft through 40 year old eyes for the first time. She was really hot in 1967!

Mel Brooks is an anti-gun SOB but you got to admit that he had a hot wife.

Respectfully submitted for your listening and comedic enjoyment:

Okay-buncha dumb shit....

Was thinking about Segovia and what he was to finger picking (and an old classical acoustic). Eyeballed the unused slides and felt even more guilty. LMAO.

Then went on to think of Gilmore-that made me think Deep Purple and Rainbow and that made me think of:
this. (This is how my brain works these days). Still on finger picking guilt, I found this:

Which made me think of Dio. :unsure:

Welcome to my world.

Back to...

Segovia:

Found this handful of people trying to do Malmsteen:

Malmsteen:

Monday.