• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Song of the day.

AND she CLEARLY needs a spanking. :ROFLMAO:

WQFi_mzBUB-CY3DcdAkhRFsamg6CAGQNh16_4EjRO5LfmbHmttQ-oa167qy8M9Kz54X4DvINg8Z2HrnMD0tezwlM6KnvoNW85Fgmqq4RpXokMmHHA13yHPnXY0uBaXjxk9SomineOasC7kazTakfbxOHdmuUlZ_PiNg

...and now for something completely different

some Swiss punk/blues trash

Well played on the Bolin card Joel! A name I haven't thought of in some time. Speaking of which, stupid back-story time....

I mentioned Memphis and BB King's place previously, as I always tried to bump into him when passing through. Anyhoo, around 2001, I was passing through, no BB, but I came upon a dude I hadn't caught before. Wound up chatting him and his (Manager?) brother. Grabbed a copy of his last CD (Soldier for the Blues). My first thought was: a Southpaw doing the Jimi and Albert King thing. But he was pretty good actually. Believe he played V's the whole night.

Stumbled upon this vid looking for some other stuff and was kinda surprised to see he died shortly after I met him. So. If you know of him, I apologize, if you don't... here is a dude I was fortunate to meet down in Memphis one night, seemingly forever ago:

Little Jimmy King

I just got turned onto this one. Unfortunately not available on vinyl.

I love music threads! I have gone through all 28 pages and see allot of the ususal suspects and a few I don’t usually see. It was nice to see Roy Clark who is much to under appreciated. Only one Jeff Beck?

Similar to Lapuapalooza I began playing instruments at young age, I started with the flute,but after hearing these guy’s in Long Beach in 1975 I realized that one instrument was not enough. Between them they played something like 24 instruments. It was amazing to see such talent. There biggest downfall, if you want to call it that, is most people have difficult time listing to all the time changes, and odd time signatures. If your a Prog Rock person, you have likely heard these guy’s before. As the OP mentioned on pg. 8 or so, “this tread is about sharing music that others may not have heard”. That being said, let me introduce Gentle Giant.

The first song was as close to a “hit” as they ever had as it did get some radio play.

This song begins to showcase their talent. Who would have thunk that a Vibrophone solo (at 4:00) could be so kick as. Still blows me away every time I see it.

I really liked allot their earlier stuff, the “Baroque -n – Roll”. The complexity and how they pulled it off flawlessly. The highlight is the guitar duet beginning at 2:00.

Reactions: aam
This great American Band has not been spotlighted yet. To bad the damned record industry had to destroy them.

I see a lot of women float thru here (I am guilt as any-Bonnie Raitt). Personally, not really a huge fan of the women, especially singing (yes there are exceptions). Here are some exceptions for me:

Dreamboat Annie could howl with the best of 'em:

And I'm guessing, I am gonna post some Aretha here shortly. That woman could sing. Sounds for today anyhoo.

A couple of Marine Corps brats. Daddy was a General. Camp Wilson in 29 Palms is named after him.

To keep on topic...
I saw them in concert back in the day...might have been this tour as the outfits look familiar.

Reactions: Not a Sniper
This girl channels Aretha

She does great with Tool as well.

Talented kids for sure. For me, that Tool cover works better.

I think, looking back, (even though I certainly didn't think so in my youth) most kids lack the needed rage/passion/whatever feeling (insert one here) to really take that stuff to where it could be. For me-the best stuff isn't technical perfection. It's authenticity and the message it conveys. Music/lyrics or both.

But talent? Shit, those kids are quite on point. Thanks for posting that.

Ah-also, as an Army guy, I did not realize the Wilson's heritage... cool odd fact. (y)

Reactions: Steve_In_29