• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Songs that move you

I listened to a lot of Honky-Tonk music as a kid while others were listening to hippie music. I make no apologies.

That was June Carter's song but I must admit that I think Reese Witherspoon did a better job of it.

Inspires my patriotism and desire to have fun.

The entire thing is on Youtube but VERY hard to find. You can't link it for some reason I have tried in the past. If you are interested in finding it this might help.

1692098408057.png

And yes, I do agree that version of Roland the headless thompson gunner is golden. Here she is singing it.

This is another one from the Congo wars. He was one of Mike Hoare's original people. You need to suffer through sub titles, but it is well worth the watch. You can see how he is generally just getting hammered through the video (drunk). And the questioning has an agenda to it is very clear as well. I also have trouble linking it, so this should get you in the ballpark.

1692098647080.png

Or

Fyi the lyricist was dying of brain cancer when he wrote the words to The Garden. His band mates knew as well when they composed the music.

P

Yeah clockwork angels was a good last record. Its kind of hard to listen to this even

One of my other hobbies is playing guitar and singing. I started teaching myself guitar in October of 1974.

Anyway, this guy was my wife's favorite singer (he passed away not long after this as one of his last public performances. He suffered from prostate cancer.)

This was his favorite song and mine, too, of his catalog. I learned this song and made my wife cry.

edited to add: we went to see him at the Will Rogers Coliseum in Fort Worth, Texas back in 1995.

little PSA. Most doctors no longer do the finger test for prostate cancer. It is misleading. They take blood and look at the numbers. I had blood work done last year. My PSA is .04. Pretty much means free of any prostate cancer. Get checked out.

Last edited:
The most moving songs I can think of is Pink Floyds “Post War Dream” and “When The Tigers Broke Free”.
Although the entire album of “The Wall” is fairly moving also.

I think some of Eminems earlier music is quite moving when you stop and think about that the lyrics are saying.

Bloodhound Gangs song “Yellow Fever” always moves me to tears but in a different kind of way….

The most moving songs I can think of is Pink Floyds “Post War Dream” and “When The Tigers Broke Free”.
Although the entire album of “The Wall” is fairly moving also.

The Final Cut album gets me.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tearstained eyes…

P

Reactions: beetroot
A song about a woman mourning the loss of her husband during one of the invasions that took place in Korea.

Now get back to work so you can go shooting tomorrow
I'm clear as of right now, but my confidence level for 0500/email is not high been batting .000 lately. I need some pew.......tinggggg! Literally just sent you guys a text 10 seconds ago