• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Sons 1st deer

hombre

Team S.W.A.G
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
ga, jackson lake
Last years pic. This was my sons first hunt and we had been practicing all summer, by the way he was only only 4 at the time. 35yds DRT, All I can say is that Daddy was proud. The doe dressed out at 165lbs, she looked like a horse. Needless to say I have a new hunting partner.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Re: Sons 1st deer

Good deal. I would like to know what he shot that cow with too.
That is a Cricket 22LR he is holding. I don't care if that is what he killed it with though.

haha that's great! he's a lil cutie looks like he's hooked for life!
smile.gif

Thats great!! We have to wait until our kids are 12 here, which sucks, by then they are in sports and other stuff that really cuts down on the time we can spend in the field. You guys are going to have a lot of great memories, congratulations!

That's great, you have to get that pic framed!
They just lowered the age here to 10 y/o but have to be within arms reach and only one gun between the two hunters.

All I can say is that I plea the 5th, BKSNIPER might be on to something. Accuracy trumps all odds, she never took a step. I am trying to improve my shooting skills so I can help him out the older he gets. Anyway, it is great to give kids a chance to enjoy the outdoors in their early years so they can become responsible hunters as they have been taught. This year is going to be awsome, nothing replaces trigger time. I'm fixing to buy a new stock for my Ruger 10/22 because it has a lop at like 8 1/2" in a colaspable stock and fits him like a glove.

Thanks for all the comments as I will have to read them to him because he hasn't learned how to read yet.

Thanks
Brandon

um I hope that you know that rimfire is not legal to hunt with here in ga and a centerfire must be over .22 diameter.

I wouldn't care if he killed it with a spear or a 105 howitzer, he killed it and you are RIGHT to be proud.
I would definitely have a copy of this put up somewhere for him.