• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Sons of guns -Red jacket making new machine guns ?

Zevdogs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2010
Utah
So the latest sons of guns had red jacket buying a Ma Deuce parts kit and then machining it from a semi auto parts kit to a full auto weapon.
With the ATF laws about no new full autos after 1984 I wonder how they could do this ?
Maybe it was for export

Re: Sons of guns -Red jacket making new machine guns ?

It was 5/19/86 and civi's Form 1's only.

I am interested on the ins and outs of the laws regarding this as well. Obviously it can be done. Surely they are not stupid enough to break federal law on national TV!

Post sample, gun.

Re: Sons of guns -Red jacket making new machine gu

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post sample, gun. </div></div>
Bingo. Pretty cool though. Ma deuces are amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post sample, gun. </div></div> although i wouldn't put it past those idiots to violate federal law on tv.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post sample, gun. </div></div>

Dont they need to have a demo letter in order to legally make it? Or am I mistaken?

Re: Sons of guns -Red jacket making new machine gu

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snyper762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post sample, gun. </div></div>
Bingo. Pretty cool though. Ma deuces are amazing. </div></div>

Ya, the M-2 50 Bmg is cool,... but the M85 from the M60a1 tanks are a way cooler 50 cal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m1garand30064</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post sample, gun. </div></div>

Dont they need to have a demo letter in order to legally make it? Or am I mistaken?</div></div>

Maybe not. IF they are a Class II manufacture they do not need a letter to manufacture machine guns. But everything they make has to got to LE, another SOT with a demo letter, or just used and abused.
As a Class II, there are some pretty stiff ITAR tax that has to be paid every year in addition to his SOT, $2250-$2750/year.

ITAR? Wouldn't they only pay that if they are exporting? Or do you mean excise tax? Which is paid per firearm based on value.

There are some pretty dumb people.
This came across an airgun forum, the pics lasted one day.
If you read the text, you can't believe what you are reading.
The aluminum machine was good, though not a great baffle design.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/message/1297607638/LDC's+For+Sale
I'm not why the link wasn't hot.
"LDC" is air gun talk for "lead dust collector", also well as a "moderator", "shroud" and other circumlocutions.
I'll cross post in the suppressor forum.

LDC's For Sale
February 13 2011 at 9:33 AM
Paris Drousiotis (Login parisd20)
YF
The LDC's has 1/2" UNF threads so it screws on all threads on airgun barrels.
It is for a 1.77, .20 and .22cal It is very quiet and POI does not change whether you have on or off the LDC from your airgun.
It is made from aluminium inside and out.
The inside its perfectly made to allow an even air flow in order to give perfect results in reduced noice and Stable POI.
Its is suitable for all sort of guns that has 1/2" UNF thread.
First shipment will be the internal and second shipment will be the tube(to avoid complication).
The LCD makes your gun longer 20cm(7.87") with diameter 39mm(1.53").
Very solid Design.
Price is USD130.00 shipped.
Payments:payPal at email:p[email protected]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]

Based on my viewing of the show, I am of the opinion that there are reams of paperwork that gets done at that shop that i neither shown nor referenced. Its a whole lot cooler to show the gun arrive in parts, show some of the buildup of those parts, make it seem that its not going to get done or not going to work (to build drama), then show it working and starting fires in the swamp. Than to show it arrive and sit for six months while the paperwork is filled out and approved by the BATFE.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GreatGonzo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Based on my viewing of the show, I am of the opinion that there are reams of paperwork that gets done at that shop that i neither shown nor referenced. Its a whole lot cooler to show the gun arrive in parts, show some of the buildup of those parts, make it seem that its not going to get done or not going to work (to build drama), then show it working and starting fires in the swamp. Than to show it arrive and sit for six months while the paperwork is filled out and approved by the BATFE. </div></div>

Yeah sons of guns seams very dramatized and some of the guys don's dont seem to know how to handle firearms properly. For instance on the AR build. Watch that chicken wing stick out!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GreatGonzo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Based on my viewing of the show, I am of the opinion that there are reams of paperwork that gets done at that shop that i neither shown nor referenced. Its a whole lot cooler to show the gun arrive in parts, show some of the buildup of those parts, make it seem that its not going to get done or not going to work (to build drama), then show it working and starting fires in the swamp. Than to show it arrive and sit for six months while the paperwork is filled out and approved by the BATFE. </div></div>

Yeah sons of guns seams very dramatized and some of the guys don's dont seem to know how to handle firearms properly. For instance on the AR build. Watch that chicken wing stick out!! </div></div>

It's TV of course it's over dramatized.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB Gleason</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ITAR? Wouldn't they only pay that if they are exporting? Or do you mean excise tax? Which is paid per firearm based on value. </div></div>

http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/registration/faqs.html#5

If you manufacture anything. This is not an exise tax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post sample, gun. </div></div> although i wouldn't put it past those idiots to violate federal law on tv.
</div></div>

same here. its a cool show but they do some stupid stuff. First of all, basic gun safety is not observed. They are handed guns from people coming in from outside and they dont even bother to clear them. They never clear weapons which is just stupid, and then they wave guns around like its theyre toys. Theres nothing wrong with being comfortable with guns but you must always observe safety. Also, they always have their fingers ont he triggers which i realize that trigger discipline and always keeping their finger off the trigger isnt something that everyone is taught but its something that i watch for and it kills me when people dont do it. Also, they were shooting armor piercing tracers in broad day light in a field. This is pointless since you could shoot ball ammo to the same effect and in fact really stupid because it increases the risk of killing soimething that you didnt mean too (like any dwelling within at least 4 and half miles which could very likely exist) but i dont know about where they shoot so i cant really judge. although you still shouldnt just be using armor pierceing .50 bmg rounds for no reason. And they lit the field on fire and had to call the fire department on TV. As i said, i like the show, but these guys do some dumb things and dont seem to think twice about it so i wouldnt put it past them to violate full auto laws.

Cool show, very entertaining, but reckless to say the least.
There is much more negative results likely to come about due to this show than positive.

Pro:
Might get more people interested in firearms and NFA stuff.

Con:
Will give Libs much ammunition to use for anti-gun campaigns.
Will most likely result in at least a few arrests by the BATF due to copy cat behavior without knowing the correct legal procedures.

It makes me cringe to think of how detrimental this show could be to the industry / sport when all it would take is an extra 5-10 minutes per episode to educate folks on the whole NFA process.
Not to mention safety concerns...

As to the legality of making a FA M2, SOT Manufactures can make whatever they like as long as they don't sell or transfer it to ineligible entities.

Research, Development, and Testing is a very legitimate purpose for a Class 2 Manufacture since they need to be able to see if what they are making will actually work or not.

I hate that show as well as the chopper show with the dipshit dad and two dumb ass kids.

It gives true craftsmen a bad rep when people who don't know any better see it

Discovery should have done interviews before hiring this team, but then again the show has that fake feel to it also..... I can't see how they can have 5 day dead-lines, and the entire crew are the worst actors when they're trying to drum up the drama......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah sons of guns seams very dramatized and some of the guys don's dont seem to know how to handle firearms properly. For instance on the AR build. <span style="color: #FF0000">Watch that chicken wing stick out!!</span> </div></div>

Actually, that chicken wing is a part of primary rifle marksmanship. It's not TACTICOOL but it is how we shoot highpower. So...it's actually one of the few things they did RIGHT on the show.

I'm definitely NOT a fan of the show.

-David
Edgewood, NM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Discovery should have done interviews before hiring this team, but then again the show has that fake feel to it also..... I can't see how they can have 5 day dead-lines, and the entire crew are the worst actors when they're trying to drum up the drama......</div></div>
Unfortunately, reality shows rule the air now. And the dumber and melodramatic the characters, the more viewership. Unfortunately, educated, safety-conscious, and well-spoken professionals won't attract viewers that want drama on reality shows. It is what we - the gun supporters - want to present to the public, but not what makes Discovery Channel money. The rednecks who break safety rules on that show irks me so much, that I can't even watch it despite having some really cool firearms. And the execs are probably libs who want exactly to portray gun-lovers as redneck idiots that should be banned. All we can do is continue to present ourselves professionally in all our gun-related activities.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cooper623</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post sample, gun. </div></div> although i wouldn't put it past those idiots to violate federal law on tv.
</div></div>
Also, they were shooting armor piercing tracers in broad day light in a field. This is pointless since you could shoot ball ammo to the same effect and in fact really stupid because it increases the risk of killing soimething that you didnt mean too (like any dwelling within at least 4 and half miles which could very likely exist) but i dont know about where they shoot so i cant really judge. </div></div>

I'm very curious how shootin AP-T makes a round more lethal than ball... or where you're getting this "at least 4 and a half miles" figure. Sounds to me you are not very well versed in lethal effects of AP ammunition or the drop of a .50bmg round.

My feeling about Top Shots, too. I've watched 3-4 short segments; I just can't get much through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nmmi9100</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sebben</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Yeah sons of guns seams very dramatized and some of the guys don's dont seem to know how to handle firearms properly. For instance on the AR build. <span style="color: #FF0000">Watch that chicken wing stick out!!</span> </div></div>

Actually, that chicken wing is a part of primary rifle marksmanship. It's not TACTICOOL but it is how we shoot highpower. So...it's actually one of the few things they did RIGHT on the show.

I'm definitely NOT a fan of the show.

-David
Edgewood, NM </div></div>

Highpower is one thing but what he was doing was something else.... I dont know what to call it. Ha ha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cooper623</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post sample, gun. </div></div> although i wouldn't put it past those idiots to violate federal law on tv.
</div></div>
Also, they were shooting armor piercing tracers in broad day light in a field. This is pointless since you could shoot ball ammo to the same effect and in fact really stupid because it increases the risk of killing soimething that you didnt mean too (like any dwelling within at least 4 and half miles which could very likely exist) but i dont know about where they shoot so i cant really judge. </div></div>

I'm very curious how shootin AP-T makes a round more lethal than ball... or where you're getting this "at least 4 and a half miles" figure. Sounds to me you are not very well versed in lethal effects of AP ammunition or the drop of a .50bmg round. </div></div>

my point is that it penetrates more so therefore at extreme distances it could penetrate something that ball would not. i know its a long shot but it is a slightly increased risk for no gain and therefore doesnt make since. obvoiusly they are both equally as lethal but the AP is designed to pierce armor (what a shocker) and therefore will penetrate more (hopefully i dont need to prove that one to you) . As for the 4.5 miles, obviously you cannot aim parallel to the ground and do this because of the drop but the .50 caliber round is capable of traveling this distance. Im sorry let me correct myself, according to jbm ballistics, a 750 grain hornady a max bullet with a MV of 2700 fps fired at a 37.5 degree angle in 59 degree weather with 29.92 HG of pressure will travel 4.8465909 miles, which is a little farther than i quoted. now i cannot speak to how lethal this would be at this range but why dont you stand 4.5 miles away and let me shoot at you with the muzzle raised 37.5 degrees and you let me know if you think that that is a good idea or something that people should be doing on TV where they are representing people like us. Again as i said in my original post, i dont know where they shoot so i cant judge but it is stupid to add the additional penetrating abilities onto the .50 bmg round for simple target practice THAT IS WHAT I WAS GETTING AT. I do know what I am talking about so watch it before you go around trying to correct me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my point is that it penetrates more so therefore at extreme distances it could penetrate something that ball would not. i know its a long shot but it is a slightly increased risk for no gain and therefore doesnt make since. obvoiusly they are both equally as lethal but the AP is designed to pierce armor (what a shocker) and therefore will penetrate more (hopefully i dont need to prove that one to you) . As for the 4.5 miles, obviously you cannot aim parallel to the ground and do this because of the drop but the .50 caliber round is capable of traveling this distance. Im sorry let me correct myself, according to jbm ballistics, a 750 grain hornady a max bullet with a MV of 2700 fps fired at a 37.5 degree angle in 59 degree weather with 29.92 HG of pressure will travel 4.8465909 miles, which is a little farther than i quoted. now i cannot speak to how lethal this would be at this range but why dont you stand 4.5 miles away and let me shoot at you with the muzzle raised 37.5 degrees and you let me know if you think that that is a good idea or something that people should be doing on TV where they are representing people like us. Again as i said in my original post, i dont know where they shoot so i cant judge but it is stupid to add the additional penetrating abilities onto the .50 bmg round for simple target practice THAT IS WHAT I WAS GETTING AT. I do know what I am talking about so watch it before you go around trying to correct me.

</div></div>

So what you're saying is that it's unsafe to use a 50 BMG shooting AP-T rounds with in 4.5 miles of civilization?

We can play "what ifs" all day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cooper623</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cooper623</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I'm very curious how shootin AP-T makes a round more lethal than ball... or where you're getting this "at least 4 and a half miles" figure. Sounds to me you are not very well versed in lethal effects of AP ammunition or the drop of a .50bmg round. </div></div>

my point is that it penetrates more so therefore at extreme distances it could penetrate something that ball would not. i know its a long shot but it is a slightly increased risk for no gain and therefore doesnt make since. obvoiusly they are both equally as lethal but the AP is designed to pierce armor (what a shocker) and therefore will penetrate more (hopefully i dont need to prove that one to you) . As for the 4.5 miles, obviously you cannot aim parallel to the ground and do this because of the drop but the .50 caliber round is capable of traveling this distance. Im sorry let me correct myself, according to jbm ballistics, a 750 grain hornady a max bullet with a MV of 2700 fps fired at a 37.5 degree angle in 59 degree weather with 29.92 HG of pressure will travel 4.8465909 miles, which is a little farther than i quoted. now i cannot speak to how lethal this would be at this range but why dont you stand 4.5 miles away and let me shoot at you with the muzzle raised 37.5 degrees and you let me know if you think that that is a good idea or something that people should be doing on TV where they are representing people like us. Again as i said in my original post, i dont know where they shoot so i cant judge but it is stupid to add the additional penetrating abilities onto the .50 bmg round for simple target practice THAT IS WHAT I WAS GETTING AT. I do know what I am talking about so watch it before you go around trying to correct me. </div></div>

Well, I fire M8 API out of my M107 because aside from Mk211 it is the most accurate round readily available through the military. It also makes a nice flash when it hits hard surfaces making spotting hits easy.

Lethality has nothing to do with a round being built and designated as armor piercing. And an AP round simply has a hard penetrator inside of it- it is no more lethal on flesh than FMJ. Furthermore, at that range AP or FMJ it doesn't really matter because with the projectile's energy, it's not going to penetrate much either way.

You yourself said it, 37 degree angle above plane... What the fuck are you shooting at with that angle? An ME 109?

I can also read off the side of a box of .22 long rifle where it says "warning, dangerous over 1 mile"... However, possible it may be, it's not much in the realm of reality.

edit:
AMax has a considerably higher BC than AP-T, API-T or anything of the sort, so bump that angle up a bit...

Yeah, if someone hits me with a .50 from 4.5 miles away, and it somehow retained the energy and hit me in the right spot to kill me... it's just my time.

You have really got to extract your head out of your ass and come to terms with what would be considered the very outer limits of the most unlikely scenarios.

Instead of bitching about the perceived danger (for which you are either wholly unrealistic about, or just having total lapse in brain function), how about simply saying "mentioning firing armor piercing ammunition on national television isn't really the best kind of attention we as a community want." Plastering <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">bullshit</span></span> about a .50 being lethal to 4.5 miles with AP ammo on the web, available to anyone who searches ".50 armor piercing sniper" is doing nothing but perpetuation a severely misunderstood conception by many outside of our community (and apparently inside of our community too).

edit to the edit:
my ballistic calculator will only go to 3000 yards or about 1.7 miles and at that range M8 API has 936fpe... Only slightly more than a .41 Magnum. And you're not even half way there...

I don't know if any of ya'll remember, but we had a member here a few years ago who claimed that he was personally involved in making a show "very very similar" to this. The discussion of O.C.C. also came up in that same thread.

I'm still waiting for him to show up again, and make a comment about this atrocity. He either hasn't been here for a while, or, he has changed his name.

If he is involved with this crap, I for one would sure like to hear his justification to this show. Please tell me that some of ya'll remember that thread, AND that you know of whom I am referring.

HU047362.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
HU047362.jpg
</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
HU047362.jpg
</div></div>

LOL +1. I had high hopes for this show and I have been nothing but dissapointed. Sucks to be an optimist!

Convert a outdated Thompson or get a H&K UMP? What kind of backwoods moron would basterdize a Thompson and put rails on it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cooper623</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
my point is that it penetrates more so therefore at extreme distances it could penetrate something that ball would not. i know its a long shot but it is a slightly increased risk for no gain and therefore doesnt make since. obvoiusly they are both equally as lethal but the AP is designed to pierce armor (what a shocker) and therefore will penetrate more (hopefully i dont need to prove that one to you) . As for the 4.5 miles, obviously you cannot aim parallel to the ground and do this because of the drop but the .50 caliber round is capable of traveling this distance. Im sorry let me correct myself, according to jbm ballistics, a 750 grain hornady a max bullet with a MV of 2700 fps fired at a 37.5 degree angle in 59 degree weather with 29.92 HG of pressure will travel 4.8465909 miles, which is a little farther than i quoted. now i cannot speak to how lethal this would be at this range but why dont you stand 4.5 miles away and let me shoot at you with the muzzle raised 37.5 degrees and you let me know if you think that that is a good idea or something that people should be doing on TV where they are representing people like us. Again as i said in my original post, i dont know where they shoot so i cant judge but it is stupid to add the additional penetrating abilities onto the .50 bmg round for simple target practice THAT IS WHAT I WAS GETTING AT. I do know what I am talking about so watch it before you go around trying to correct me. </div></div> you're saying you can hit a man sized target at 4.5 miles away?

Hell, Will is such a badass that Chuck Norris want even f-- with him! LMFAO!!!

I'm glad this show is out there. Now every idiot I know wants to argue with me how quiet a suppressed AK is. And how wrong I am because they seen it on der tv....

I have seen the show several times, and I'm a little hot/cold on it too. As for manufacturing new machine guns, they're a Type 7 FFL / Class 2 SOT. The last show they aired, the owner said they don't 'stock' guns but have them available for demo of "their" suppressors. I think the guy must be independently wealthy or something,...he throws down a LOT of money on 'what if' projects. And, to all the Saiga fans, I'm sorry---but that 'master key' on that AR is like putting a velvet Elvis painting in a mansion. It's cool, but I wouldn't bet on it holding up for an extended period. That Thompson 'upgrade' almost made me physically ill...that's what did the show in for me....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Convert a outdated Thompson or get a H&K UMP? What kind of backwoods moron would basterdize a Thompson and put rails on it? </div></div>

+1

I dont know a single SWAT team member, or any professional relying on a firearm for their protection and safety for that matter, who would rather use a converted gun not meant for a specific task, than a gun that was specifically designed for the task at hand.
And on top of that, im not so sure i want one of those "fine" police officers from louisiana who requested the making of that debauchery of a converted rifle, coming into my house spraying .45 ACP all over the place.
SWAT teams are trained to use precision and intelligent decision making when executing plans... not just to f*** shit up.
This show gives NFA, as well as the people associated with the use of these items (law enforcement in some cases) a bad name.
Cant wait for season 1 to end and the show to get cancelled.

just my .02

It just feels like a firearms version of OCC. I was yelling at the screen during the masterkey build.

My wife told me a show about a gun builder would be on when I was home from the desert. I had high hopes about watching a master gunsmith at work, and was sorely disappointed.

Maybe GAP should get a show. Then people could see how quality weapons are actually made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frog5215</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are some pretty dumb people.
This came across an airgun forum, the pics lasted one day.
If you read the text, you can't believe what you are reading.
The aluminum machine was good, though not a great baffle design.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/message/1297607638/LDC's+For+Sale
I'm not why the link wasn't hot.
"LDC" is air gun talk for "lead dust collector", also well as a "moderator", "shroud" and other circumlocutions.
I'll cross post in the suppressor forum.

LDC's For Sale
February 13 2011 at 9:33 AM
Paris Drousiotis (Login parisd20)
YF
The LDC's has 1/2" UNF threads so it screws on all threads on airgun barrels.
It is for a 1.77, .20 and .22cal It is very quiet and POI does not change whether you have on or off the LDC from your airgun.
It is made from aluminium inside and out.
The inside its perfectly made to allow an even air flow in order to give perfect results in reduced noice and Stable POI.
Its is suitable for all sort of guns that has 1/2" UNF thread.
First shipment will be the internal and second shipment will be the tube(to avoid complication).
The LCD makes your gun longer 20cm(7.87") with diameter 39mm(1.53").
Very solid Design.
Price is USD130.00 shipped.
Payments:payPal at email:p[email protected]

[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image]
[linked image] </div></div>

This guy is a regular Genius !!! I wonder if it includes lube for your Ass when the Feds get a hold of you using this ?
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRMTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen the show several times, and I'm a little hot/cold on it too. As for manufacturing new machine guns, they're a Type 7 FFL / Class 2 SOT. The last show they aired, the owner said they don't 'stock' guns but have them available for demo of "their" suppressors. I think the guy must be independently wealthy or something,...he throws down a LOT of money on 'what if' projects. And, to all the Saiga fans, I'm sorry---but that 'master key' on that AR is like putting a velvet Elvis painting in a mansion. It's cool, but I wouldn't bet on it holding up for an extended period. That Thompson 'upgrade' almost made me physically ill...that's what did the show in for me.... </div></div>

Im pretty sure he said they didnt stock Handguns and relegated what they had for suppressor demos.

But as everyone else said the show is attrocious.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CrazyDonkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cooper623</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
my point is that it penetrates more so therefore at extreme distances it could penetrate something that ball would not. i know its a long shot but it is a slightly increased risk for no gain and therefore doesnt make since. obvoiusly they are both equally as lethal but the AP is designed to pierce armor (what a shocker) and therefore will penetrate more (hopefully i dont need to prove that one to you) . As for the 4.5 miles, obviously you cannot aim parallel to the ground and do this because of the drop but the .50 caliber round is capable of traveling this distance. Im sorry let me correct myself, according to jbm ballistics, a 750 grain hornady a max bullet with a MV of 2700 fps fired at a 37.5 degree angle in 59 degree weather with 29.92 HG of pressure will travel 4.8465909 miles, which is a little farther than i quoted. now i cannot speak to how lethal this would be at this range but why dont you stand 4.5 miles away and let me shoot at you with the muzzle raised 37.5 degrees and you let me know if you think that that is a good idea or something that people should be doing on TV where they are representing people like us. Again as i said in my original post, i dont know where they shoot so i cant judge but it is stupid to add the additional penetrating abilities onto the .50 bmg round for simple target practice THAT IS WHAT I WAS GETTING AT. I do know what I am talking about so watch it before you go around trying to correct me. </div></div> you're saying you can hit a man sized target at 4.5 miles away? </div></div>

Women hit with .50 BMG round from 5 miles away

Exactly- it went through the roof of her car and hit her arm, breaking it. Don't you have to question how he was shooting? It's not an issue of the caliber itself being dangerous- rather the fashion in which it is used. And it sure as hell sounds like it was plunging fire- not very effective

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly- it went through the roof of her car and hit her arm, breaking it. Don't you have to question how he was shooting? It's not an issue of the caliber itself being dangerous- rather the fashion in which it is used. And it sure as hell sounds like it was plunging fire- not very effective
</div></div>

Also, it should be pointed out that anyone can Google this incident and figure out in about 5 minutes time that someone's definitely lying. The only range in the area is Quail Creek Range, to the north of the Speedway several miles - yes, well within the range of a .50 BMG. However, their only rifle ranges are 100 yards, and it's clearly visible looking at satellite imagery that their ranges face to the <span style="font-style: italic">north</span>...<span style="font-weight: bold">away</span> from the direction of the Speedway.

However that guy managed to touch off that round, it clearly wasn't on a designated range pointed even in the same cardinal direction as the backstop. The only person who knows for sure is the shooter, but my bet was that he wasn't on that range at all, but rather somewhere nearby shooting on private land (or else had one hell of an ND while pointing the rifle in the air).

For the ego and bragging the owner does about how good they are their shop equipment seems a bit, uh, ill equiped???? No?

You would think they would have a descent lathe but glimpses show a cheapassed bench lathe. Guessing an Enco perhaps, not an engine lathe, not a toolroom lathe but a cheezy lathe mounted on a homemade bench. Also looks to be a lathe/mill combo setup in one corner? Seems they are always grinding with a flippin dremel or die grinder! Would be pretty precise to make 5 AR's with a damn die grinder or Dremel. I'd pay high dollar for a conversion or build done that way.
smile.gif

Discovery sincerely needs to be commended for all the trailor trash they seem to round up for their 'reality' chit!!!

You'd be supprised, I've been a machinist for 24 years so I know what good machines are , I've been in vector arms in slc Utah and all their shit is way worse,
I've also been through silencerco( which was an old wonder bread plant) and they have a very nice shop with all the latest goodies

I have been watching this show and have mixed feelings on it. I think it took a dive when i saw the "master key" made. While I don't have any experience in law enforcement I just thought that was a dumb idea. Made a heavy ass gun to try to maneuver though a house. Wouldn't a simple 870 with 1 breaching round followed by 00buck work a lot better? Really wish they would go over so of the legal side of things on just one episode.

I agree- it does look as if they are woefully ill-equipped. I see a lot of dremel work on the one episode I watched- seems they could have used a variety of machine tools to do the job to much better effect. Of course if they don't have those tools...