• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sony Vegas Guru?

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
I was needing a low cost video editing program. I searched here and saw some good reviews of Sony Vegas, so I downloaded the trial version. I ran through the tutorials and FAQ, but I have a procedural question. Anyone here have a good working knowledge of it?

Re: Sony Vegas Guru?

I've only played around w/ it before, but a video DJ buddy of mine in NOLA uses Vegas for his edits.

I been using Vegas Pro 8.0 as my main video editing software for quite awhile now. I really wouldn't recommend it for the first timer due how advanced of an editor it is. There are lots of really great tutorials on YouTube that can show you some of the more advanced tricks you can do with it.

I've used it a little and seen it used often. IMO it's weak sauce compared to Premier and After Effects, but still in the upper level of programs when you consider Windows Movie Maker to be the Counter Sniper Scope of the video editing world.

I'm just tinkering around and not looking to invest alot of funds, due to my basic needs. The video editing software that came with my camera formats all of the videos so that they only work with their software. I'll look online for an idiots guide, as the tutorial ain't cutting it.

i use sony vegas pro 10 for all my predator hunting editing, its real quick and easy to use, not as good as premier or after effects but if your not making lower 1/3's or graphic design intro's it works great.

I found what I needed and went ahead and paid for the registration. It does what i need and should work for me.

Thanks.