• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soon - Elite Tactical 3

What don't you like about it? Because I think the xrs3 is great glass
Turrets feel like mush and the mag ring feels very gritty & very tight. Maybe that will go away with time. I like the glass and reticle. That part is very nice. Finish is very nice too.

I just feel like there was some hype surrounding this scope and I'm not seeing it yet.

If it survives a year of abuse, I may change my opinion.

Turrets feel like mush and the mag ring feels very gritty & very tight. Maybe that will go away with time. I like the glass and reticle. That part is very nice. Finish is very nice too.

I just feel like there was some hype surrounding this scope and I'm not seeing it yet.

If it survives a year of abuse, I may change my opinion.

For what it's worth, I had 2 Mark5 7-35s and they're both gone now. One was an H59 that I ran in PRS and the other was a TMR on my 300PRC that I built specifically to shoot out to 2k at our local range. In the last couple years I've run an XRS2 (first optic ever), Razor G2, those Mark 5s, a K624i, an NX8 (don't ever waste your money unless it's going on a hunting rifle), Athlon Cronus (still a LOT of optic for the money), and currently run an ATACR on one rifle, a ZCO 527 on another, and now the XRS3 on the 300. They really did a good job with the XRS3, and I find the glass to be superior to the Mark 5 for sure. It really shows at distance with clarity and resolution. Turret-wise, I LOVE the elevation turret on the Mark 5 but HATED the windage turret. That's a common thing amongst consumers, to the point that they're actually developing a way to get a Mark 8 windage turret onto a Mark 5 (might see it at SHOT actually). Turret love is extremely subjective IMO. In any given thread on a single optic, you'll always find people who love the turrets and an equal amount that hate em. Is what it is. The definition of "mushy" is clearly different for different people. I've never run a turret I couldn't live with, and don't really care unless it doesn't track. If they don't track then they're trash.

Two things on the XRS3 stand out to me: Reticle and price. Price-wise, this thing is a huge bang for the buck. For real. I'm a little shocked this thing cost under $1800 considering the quality and the magnification range. Reticle-wise, at some point where you hit the $2k and up price point on optics I think you start reticle hunting. That's the case for me anyway, with PRS being my primary use case. I see wildly varying desires ranging from folks who swear by the Tremor 3 to folks that just want the simplicity of the SKMR3 (and some of those SKMR3 lovers even hating on the SKMR4 just for the few more hashes). To be clear, I personally would never run the G4P reticle in PRS, but it suits my purposes just fine (overkill even) for bench shooting at a mile. That's an extremely subjective decision, once again. I bought this thing to gain more clarity than the Mark 5 it replaced, and it absolutely did, along with a much better price point and an even better range of magnification as a bonus.

Just got my XRS3 and spent the last half hour with it and the XTR3 and Trijicon 5-50 - furthest spot is ~4K yards with trees and hills of varying colors, deer and horses in between. XTR3 is still king IMHO. Glass is very similar, but feel the Bushnell and Trijicon are a touch less contrast than the Burris, which was in turn less contrast than the MK5. Absolute IQ the Trijicon is still 1st, and the Bushy and Burris switching places for 2nd as I looked at different things at different distances. We are talking 3-5% advantage to Trijicon, but the FOV of the Burris makes up for it and then some. Bushnell FOV is better than Trij, but still quite a bit behind the Burris. Reticle, obviously subjective, but I love the SCR2 mil in the Burris because it doesn't obscure the view. Trijicon MRAD is even better, with fewer lines and SFP, and the Bushnell is better than, say, the thick lines in the ZCO, but doesn't fade away as easily as the XTR3.

So, Bushnell is going back unless someone wants it for what I paid - otherwise sending her back tomorrow.

Now, the only question is whether to jump on the HebrewHammer deal for more Burrii, or wait for Shot for the new models. I now have 2 naked rifles...

Wrote the above in the other thread re: mid tier optics.

Wrote the above in the other thread re: mid tier optics.
Well dang was hoping it was going to work good for you. I like mine it's not the greatest scope but for the money I really like it. Now I did just check lowlight and it's not the greatest but not terrible. The minox lr was really good in lowlight. My dad might be trying the sightron svlll 5 40 56 and excited to see that and how it would compare

Well dang was hoping it was going to work good for you. I like mine it's not the greatest scope but for the money I really like it. Now I did just check lowlight and it's not the greatest but not terrible. The minox lr was really good in lowlight. My dad might be trying the sightron svlll 5 40 56 and excited to see that and how it would compare

It is a great scope, I just like the XTR3 more. Posted again in the other thread with more comparative detail. Only scopes I would still like to try are the S&B 5-45 w/ LRR mil or MSR2, and the March 5-42 FML-TR1...

I’m looking hard at the XRS3, does anyone know how they match up against the Kahles 624..?
Thank You

I’m looking hard at the XRS3, does anyone know how they match up against the Kahles 624..?
Thank You

Glass is extremely close; I'd call that a wash. For me, Kahles turrets are much nicer. The HUGE diff between those two is reticle choice.

Thank you, do you think the SKMR3&4 are superior/more functional than the G4?
I realize there’s a big difference in price, in terms of value for price…? In terms of a “Production Scope” for $2500 or less with $2500 being the budget other than reticle does the XRS3 give things up to the Kahles 624…? If the reticle/hardware is the deal breaker it seems personal preference is big…?
Thank You

Personally, I cannot stress enough how subjective reticle choice is. I had a k624i for a short time, but for me I don't like the SKMR reticles. It's not enough info for me, mainly because I don't dial a lot during PRS matches. If that was for bench only use, where I was dialing all the time, it would have been fine. On the flip side, I shoot with several guys that swear by the SKMR reticles and refuse to run any reticle that is any busier so Kahles is their go-to.

Hardware-wise, they're both good. There's a definitive difference in turret feel, and Kahles has some of my favorite turrets on the market (2nd only to my ZCO but a former Kahles guy designed em so they're almost identical). I wouldn't sweat durability on either.

Before I dive into the following short book about reticles, again this is opinion, but the Kahles scopes are overpriced. The K624i certainly does not punch over $500 above a Razor G2 or a Mark 5 for instance. At $3500 for a 525 you'd be crazy to not just throw in a few hundo more for a ZCO at that point. With that said, used prices of both are more inline with actual value I'd say. K624s can be had for around $1800 and 525s around $2400-2500. They each fit much better there. Point being, don't let the Kahles price make you think they're somehow way better. I swear that if not for them owning the SKMR reticles their market share would be SUPER low, because that's really their claim to fame.

In my opinion, once you get up around the $2k price range, you start reticle hunting, at least for PRS because in this sport the reticle has to fit the shooter. Yes, different scopes have different feeling turrets, some locking, some capped, etc., but they all turn and in the $2k-ish price range they all (should) track. I've run a Razor G2 with an ebr-7c (wish it had a few more .2 mil hashes), a K624i with a SKMR3 (super clean, but not enough points of ref for me), a Mark5 HD with an H59 (a lot of info in there, and very busy, plus very thick at higher mag), Athlon Cronus g2 with APRS6 (very thin reticle, only really usable above 15x, not too busy), currently an ATACR with mil-xt (my favorite reticle to date) on one rifle, a ZCO 527 currently on another rifle with the MPCT3 reticle (also a big fan), and of course the XRS3 on an ELR build with the G4P reticle.

What gets very interesting as you deep dive into different xmas trees is how they organize their hashes. Many do .2 mil hashes and in some cases those .2 hashes all are the same size and position on the vert/horizontal line like the H59 and APRS6. When you're on the clock and holding into your reticle, you can find yourself counting hash marks to make sure you're on the correct hold. Where the mil-xt and MPCT3 differentiate in this respect is each .2 hash is somehow different than the one next to it. The mil-xt alternates on either side of the line they're on while the MPCT3 does different size hashes. Then you've got reticles that prefer .25 mil hashes (Leupold, Bushnell). Again, purely preference but I personally don't want that because my brain is so accustomed to .2s. Then you've got reticles that just give you .5 mil like Kahles. Specifically referring to the G4P reticle, for me anyway, it doesn't make a ton of sense with the different size hashes combined with dots and I would never run it on my PRS rigs. BUT, if you're coming from a G3 and always wanted just a few more points of reference, it may be a love affair. I have absolutely no issue with it on an ELR build because it gives some reference points without being too much and I'm dialing constantly.

Last edited:
I really appreciate your comments, every time I read through them it sorts itself out.
Thank You

@FLguy55 how is the XRS3 working for you at JTAC?
Better than the Mark 5 it replaced. :) Look at it this way, next to my ATACR 7-35 on my PRS rifle, I wouldn't spend the extra money on the ATACR to replace the Bushnell for ELR shooting. At the same time, I'd never run the G4P reticle on a PRS rig where I love the mil-xt. Again, reticles sometimes are king.

Better than the Mark 5 it replaced. :) Look at it this way, next to my ATACR 7-35 on my PRS rifle, I wouldn't spend the extra money on the ATACR to replace the Bushnell for ELR shooting. At the same time, I'd never run the G4P reticle on a PRS rig where I love the mil-xt. Again, reticles sometimes are king.
Thats good info, I have never been a fan of the ATACR, every one that I got I ended up selling within a week. Im on the fence between the Mark 5 and XRS3 for my 300 PRC that rick is building me to shoot ELR with mainly at JTAC. I have a 25x Mark 5 I just bought for my 308 that Im liking I think Ill order the XRS3 and worse case stick it on my extra 6.5 Creedmoor rifle.
Thanks
Thomas

Reactions: lash
Scope arrived late yesterday and so far, I very impressed with the optics. Seems very clear/bright, but due to the weather, haven't been able to compare it to old PM II.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
I got my DMR3 today, and so far I like what I see. It’s a heavy scope, and feels solid. I took it into the backyard and got a quick view through the scope, and it looks nice. I really like the reticlez

Once I get my 6.5 build back I’m gonna do a side by side with its older sibling, the DMRII-i on my 308.

Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS3 6-36x56mm review is now up.

2021 11 23 XRS3 Vudoo profile.jpg
Bushnell Elite Tactical XRS3 6-36x56mm in Bobro mount on Vudoo V-22 with Proof Carbon Barrel in Grayboe Phoenix Stock

Very interesting that the mag and parallax are stiff. Great thorough review.
I have a DMR3 and they're smooth and easy, and I remember Bushnell saying they knew to make them lighter after the HDMR CR came out with a stiff mag throw.
I'm waiting for the DMR3 to get the H59!

I decided to pull the trigger and order one. Been running Bushnell's since the original DMR and they’ve always treated me well. Can’t wait to check it out...
You'll like it. Best scope Bushy has ever made. Just be sure to tune the eye piece focus for optimum clarity as it's quite important with Bushnell's (all scopes to some degree). 1/4 turn can take you from optimum clarity to not so much.....FYI.

The days of looking into the sky and adjusting reticle focus are bogus.............I don't think a lot of guys give it much thought. However, I've fu..ddded with a lot of scopes and it has made a difference with all of them from XRS 2, Gen 2 Razors, Athlons, etc.

Take some extra time setting up the ocular focus is the point. It will go from "nice glass"...........to "damn"

I've looked through most $2,000 scopes.................nothing better than the XRS 3 that i've seen. But, you gotta tune the ocular fast focus.....(which is locking and a great design)

I like it so much.................I have 3 now even though they were just released.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm

Now if they would just paint the steel...☹

• Haha
Reactions: FLguy55
I really like my DMR3 3.5-21. Love the bigger turrets and how they operate. Glass is surprisingly clear. I was close to buying the XRS3 6-36…

While Bushnell’s new offerings are nice, I am very disappointed that Bushnell’s Military appreciation discount has been slashed since I bought my DMR3 back in July. Bushnell’s policy changed as of Sept 1, 2021 I was told. No reply to my email/online CS messages concerning this is even more concerning.

I know this doesn’t apply to everyone, but I didn’t go through with my purchase for the XRS3 because of this. Customer Service or lack thereof in my case was the deciding factor in not purchasing further Bushnell products.

Reactions: Ohioguy47
You’re not going to buy an optic…because you don’t get *as large* of a discount on their newest products?

Reactions: redx
Fna. They had a pricing error and rectified it. People bitch about not taking advantage when it was live. Bushnell at least stepped up and honored the units they sold at the lower price. Just as MDT did during their black Friday snafu.

Fna. They had a pricing error and rectified it. People bitch about not taking advantage when it was live. Bushnell at least stepped up and honored the units they sold at the lower price. Just as MDT did during their black Friday snafu.
Don't think that's what he meant. Bushnell and their affiliated companies dropped their mil discount from what was around industry standard to much less than everyone else offers.

They dropped the MSRP (at least of the elite scopes) at the same time, so the actual change in price isn't as huge as you'd think, but it's still not much of a deal for vets anymore. It affected the sister companies like RCBS even more, none of that stuff is really a discount at all now.

Last edited:
Thanks. I understand a little better now, I've just been amazed at the some of the stuff people complain about in other threads.

This scope keeps impressing me. Took it to 2000 yards this morning and wow 9 am in morning around 30 degrees and I did some fine tuning to scope and made it even better glass wise. I was highly considering selling and buying the new sightron 5-40x56 40mm tube witch has great glass but glad I stuck with the xrs3

I dumped my bushnell after their warranty department wouldn't answer the phone on 3 separate occasions... never again.

Reactions: SavageSR308
Are there any lens cap options yet for the XRS3 from anyone?

I'm sure there's some Butler Creek caps that will fit.

(Yeah, I know....)

If anyone needs measurements on an XRS3 to try to order caps, hopefully this will help...

Objective outer diameter: 2.565"
Ocular OD: 1.848" at the lock ring, 1.808" at the eyepiece ring.

Reactions: Schw15
It looks like the XRS3 Element covers would be : Eyepiece- EEP2 and Objective- ESC65 I have a set and will try them out this weekend.
I have had nothing but excellent Customer Service from both Bushnell and Leupold. We are in trying times, but the employees are doing their best to service their customers. The Companies do not have everything in stock, but that is not the employees fault or the Company's fault. The supply chain problems are primarily caused by our government.

It looks like the XRS3 Element covers would be : Eyepiece- EEP2 and Objective- ESC65 I have a set and will try them out this weekend.
I have had nothing but excellent Customer Service from both Bushnell and Leupold. We are in trying times, but the employees are doing their best to service their customers. The Companies do not have everything in stock, but that is not the employees fault or the Company's fault. The supply chain problems are primarily caused by our government.

Yep, that tracks with what I double checked on their website just now. I hadn't seen the Element covers before, they actually look like they're a significant improvement over the usual BC caps.

I got a set of the BC element covers in today to play with on my XRS3. Initial impressions are actually pretty positive. They fit on fairly easily but stay in place well, the fact that you can set the caps up as clear, black, or DOPE holders is interesting, and they fold flat if desired. I might have to modify the front cap slightly to let a sunshade thread in with it attached on the XRS3, but I can do it easily on a DMR or XRS2 since they have a 50mm objective.

I got a set of the BC element covers in today to play with on my XRS3. Initial impressions are actually pretty positive. They fit on fairly easily but stay in place well, the fact that you can set the caps up as clear, black, or DOPE holders is interesting, and they fold flat if desired. I might have to modify the front cap slightly to let a sunshade thread in with it attached on the XRS3, but I can do it easily on a DMR or XRS2 since they have a 50mm objective.
Sound like they are good to go

Nice. If you get chance can you throw some pics up?

I'd imagine Jon at Aadmount will offer some - and get the process happening faster if you ask him nicely. :)
I ran a Aadmount rear from my xrs2 and ordered a front NF 5x25 Atacr cover on a best guess and it fit perfectly. Aadmount lets you buy individual front and rear covers.