• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Sorting brass ??????

yes, I would pick the 29 out of those. You may find 29.1 or 29.2 to be more forgiving at distance but somewhere in that range you'll find a forgiving node based on that target

Any idea where your velocity is? I never used R15 when using the straight 6BR, but ran Varget at 30 grains and was right at 2820 with a 28" barrel.

There seems to be a node with the 6BR and 105-107 grain bullets that really works between 2800 and 2830ish fps. If you don't have a chronograph, try to find someone who does so you can verify.
Will do ! Thank you

I'd be interested to see what your 30.4 or 30.6 group looks like. I feel like your 30.5 is just barely on the wrong side of an OCW node. Not sure if you checked and 30.5 was the last load before pressure signs or not.

i shot 29 grains at a 300 yard match 2 weeks ago . Did pretty good with it . First relay had 200 with 18Xs. I never went over 35 . Now you have me thinking . But won’t that be much harder on brass ?

Attachments

• B2E63119-94EF-4DE9-9019-2FF166173191.jpeg
    B2E63119-94EF-4DE9-9019-2FF166173191.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 29
i shot 29 grains at a 300 yard match 2 weeks ago . Did pretty good with it . First relay had 200 with 18Xs. I never went over 35 . Now you have me thinking . But won’t that be much harder on brass ?
I don't know where your pressure is so I'm not sure. I'm more or less just curious. If it's up near pressure signs I would definitely go with the 29. Also if the 29 has good ES you can always roll with that since that will mitigate vertical stringing. And if "I never went over 35" is in response to a powder charge I definitely wouldnt go there. I'm saying 30.4 may be a node, not 35. 35 will not only be hard on brass it'll probably wreck your rifle.

I don't know where your pressure is so I'm not sure. I'm more or less just curious. If it's up near pressure signs I would definitely go with the 29. Also if the 29 has good ES you can always roll with that since that will mitigate vertical stringing. And if "I never went over 35" is in response to a powder charge I definitely wouldnt go there. I'm saying 30.4 may be a node, not 35. 35 will not only be hard on brass it'll probably wreck your rifle.
My bad ! I meant 30.5 . And if I remember I had a little sticky bolt and large crater at 30.5. Not a pro at reading pressure so that’s as high as I dared to go . And unfortunately no chrono so no idea on ES .

My bad ! I meant 30.5 . And if I remember I had a little sticky bolt and large crater at 30.5. Not a pro at reading pressure so that’s as high as I dared to go . And unfortunately no chrono so no idea on ES .
Oh ok yeah I'd stick with 29 then. I just ran into a couple of your other posts in the F Class forum and from what I can tell your ladder test gave basically the exact same outcome. 3,4,5,6 were your node on that and it ranged from 28.7-29.2 if I remember correct so I do believe with that info and this info you hit the right node. Granted your ladder test didn't go up past 30.1 but if you are getting bolt lift at all around 30.5 then it's not worth trying 30.4 because that will from shot to shot be effecting your overall run out and other factors. The only advice I could give is that you try to sweet talk someone with a Chrono ( preferably a Labradar ) and figure out what your ES with that load is. After looking through targets that you posted id say your ES is pretty tight. I mean that 30 round picture you posted on another thread shot out the X ring with only a couple outside the X ring so your ES is right there, I'd venture a guess at right around 15 or so.

Oh ok yeah I'd stick with 29 then. I just ran into a couple of your other posts in the F Class forum and from what I can tell your ladder test gave basically the exact same outcome. 3,4,5,6 were your node on that and it ranged from 28.7-29.2 if I remember correct so I do believe with that info and this info you hit the right node. Granted your ladder test didn't go up past 30.1 but if you are getting bolt lift at all around 30.5 then it's not worth trying 30.4 because that will from shot to shot be effecting your overall run out and other factors. The only advice I could give is that you try to sweet talk someone with a Chrono ( preferably a Labradar ) and figure out what your ES with that load is. After looking through targets that you posted id say your ES is pretty tight. I mean that 30 round picture you posted on another thread shot out the X ring with only a couple outside the X ring so your ES is right there, I'd venture a guess at right around 15 or so.
Thx for info . I do know someone at range that has a chrono . I just keep forgetting to tell him to bring it . But definitely appreciate the input . Do u shoot F Class ?

Thx for info . I do know someone at range that has a chrono . I just keep forgetting to tell him to bring it . But definitely appreciate the input . Do u shoot F Class ?
I want to get into it. Where I live people are alot more into spraying than precision. There aren't even ranges past 300 yards within a 4 drive from my house. I just reload and shoot alot.

I want to get into it. Where I live people are alot more into spraying than precision. There aren't even ranges past 300 yards within a 4 drive from my house. I just reload and shoot alot.
Range I go to is about 40 min. (Up to 500 yards) . I want to shoot 1000 but it’s 3.5 hrs away and the older I get the less I like being in the car . I shoot a lot myself . Every weekend . First Sat. Of the month is 300 yard F class and last Sunday of the month is 500 yard F class . What state are u in ?

Range I go to is about 40 min. (Up to 500 yards) . I want to shoot 1000 but it’s 3.5 hrs away and the older I get the less I like being in the car . I shoot a lot myself . Every weekend . First Sat. Of the month is 300 yard F class and last Sunday of the month is 500 yard F class . What state are u in ?
I live in SW Virginia. I'm a member of a 1000 yard range but it's in East Central Tennessee. I go there when I'm working in the area but it's a 5.5 hour drive.

I live in SW Virginia. I'm a member of a 1000 yard range but it's in East Central Tennessee. I go there when I'm working in the area but it's a 5.5 hour drive.
I’ve been talking with a guy named James Phillips on Facebook and he’s from Tennessee. Pretty well known shooter . He shoots benchrest . I’ve been trying to get some tips from him on a 6.5x47 I just built . He’s got one and has been doing like 1-2 inch groups at 600 yards , but it’s also an 80 pound rifle . Lol . I think that’s the equivalent of about 4 muzzle brakes . Lol . Thing must shoot like a 22. I’ve got 3 6BRs and I can’t get that 47 to shoot as accurately as they do . I’m thinking it’s the extra recoil making it more difficult to drive the rifle . What cartridges do u shoot ?

I’ve been talking with a guy named James Phillips on Facebook and he’s from Tennessee. Pretty well known shooter . He shoots benchrest . I’ve been trying to get some tips from him on a 6.5x47 I just built . He’s got one and has been doing like 1-2 inch groups at 600 yards , but it’s also an 80 pound rifle . Lol . I think that’s the equivalent of about 4 muzzle brakes . Lol . Thing must shoot like a 22. I’ve got 3 6BRs and I can’t get that 47 to shoot as accurately as they do . I’m thinking it’s the extra recoil making it more difficult to drive the rifle . What cartridges do u shoot ?
I shoot a 6.5 CM and a 7mm Rem Mag. 6.5 may as well be my trainer for the 7mm. Thing kicks like a mule. Those Benchrest dudes are on another level. I get pretty OCD with stuff but damn.

Just curious as to how many shooters sort their brass ! Im using Lapua 6br and 6.5x47 . Just wondering if anyone has seen a difference in POI with say a 1 grain spread ? 2 grain spread ?

Thx

Mark

I weight batch my brass to 0.1gn as well as my projectiles.
Well worth the embuggerance and testing,
Webp.net-resizeimage (4).jpg

The group above the bull is 5 rounds of my OCD .223 handloads at 300m.
55g Hornady soft nose, marketed here as Roo Max, seated to the top of the cannelure in ADI brass weighing 93.3gn with 25.5gn of ADI 2206H and CCI BR-4 primer.
The 2 fliers are Australian Buffalo River factory rounds using the same ADI brass and a comparable 55gn soft nose projectiles